Kinky????

diesel1973

Have been to China twice and made an observation which has me puzzled. In the Hotels I stayed in one wall in the bathroom shower is clear glass with a  closable shade open view to the rest of the room. What is the purpose of this?

It's considered to be a high end feature by some travelers, like those window shades on newer aircrafts - some can be digitally/switched & adjustable, to let in natural sunlight and/or allow one to keep watch on the main sleeping/living area, i.e. families traveling with children. 

Think for a moment, this is more work for housekeeping on a regular basis - to wipe & clean the surface on both sides vs. sheetrock/partition walls, and, also more efficient use of limited space.  Of course, not everyone expected to understood and appreciate these multi-functional design.  Some of the junior/suite that we've stayed in has stand-up shower only while others has a bathtube. yet some managed to include both ... and, of course, hot tubs that's design for 2.  

Do make a sweep for hidden micro camera, disguised in plain sights as that's more kinky without one's expressed consent.   

3 hours ago, Floridiana said:

They all have shades of some kind to block the view.

Sometimes you can only cover one thing (like, the shower, or the toilet, or the sink). My husband and I definitely joke about the open bathrooms in Asia - we have had them in lots of Asian cities, from various hotel brands, it's pretty widespread. And it's not my preference, no matter how gorgeous the rooms often are.

[worse are the super small wet room bathrooms, though, where you can sit on the toilet and take a shower and brush your teeth, all at the same time ;-)] 

We stayed in a resort in the Dominican Republic that had the bathroom completely open to the rest of the room.  There was a giant jacuzzi tub that separated the two spaces without any wall.   It's just the design of the times.