How much wine allowed at embarkation on B2B?

h20luvr

9 hours ago, mom says said:

2 bottles are allowed at embarkation.  If you bring on 4, 2 would be confiscated  and returned to you are the end of that first cruise.

it as been reported that liquor is not being returned on the last night of cruise one for B2B cruisers.

they can buy more in port on the turn around day

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mom says said:

2 bottles are allowed at embarkation.  If you bring on 4, 2 would be confiscated  and returned to you are the end of that first cruise.

That’s exactly what happened to us , had 4 then 5 day cruises, on fourth day we received the other two bottles.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

That’s exactly what happened to us , had 4 then 5 day cruises, on fourth day we received the other two bottles.

So that I am sure. You were on a four day cruise and the last day two bottles were returned for your 'embarkation' on the five day cruise?

Also, what is the purpose of taking wine aboard? I suppose if one had a certain varietal, such as a Heller Estate Cab, that will never be featured on Celebrity and it could be sipped on the balcony, yes? But, there is a steep corkage fee if consumed with dinner.

Just thinking.... I may get a bottle of 1858 to take aboard.

Yes we got our bottles before second cruise started, we normally bring Silverado and stags leap. Yes 25 dollar corkage fee is high, we were not charged in luminae for one of them. We had drink package for first part but not second so we had a bottle for each night, was given another bottle by butler and another by micheals staff. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2019 at 11:54 AM, K12Guy said:

So that I am sure. You were on a four day cruise and the last day two bottles were returned for your 'embarkation' on the five day cruise?

Also, what is the purpose of taking wine aboard? I suppose if one had a certain varietal, such as a Heller Estate Cab, that will never be featured on Celebrity and it could be sipped on the balcony, yes? But, there is a steep corkage fee if consumed with dinner.

Just thinking.... I may get a bottle of 1858 to take aboard.

If you do not have a drink package, then you can enjoy a glass of wine in your cabin or also generally pour yourself a glass in the cabin and then take it to a common area.

• Thanks 1

On the last night of your first cruise, you can walk into the liquor store onboard and buy as much booze as you want,  and take it with you to your cabin.  It'll be yours to enjoy during the second cruise.

Shop personnel assume that everyone is disembarking the next day.... 

Just sayin'

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2019 at 10:54 AM, K12Guy said:

Celebrity's by-the-glass offerings are not the most interesting (though it is nice they have added some more upscale offerings such as Grgich Hill and Caymus for those willing to pay additional beyond what the premium package covers). For people into nice, but less widely produced wines BYO is a good option. While there is a $25 corkage fee to consume it in public areas, the mark-ups on the nicer wines by-the-bottle are significantly more than $25/bottle over retail, so there is still value. Also, as you mentioned, can be nice for drinking on one's balcony. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Olive1950 said:

On the last night of your first cruise, you can walk into the liquor store onboard and buy as much booze as you want,  and take it with you to your cabin.  It'll be yours to enjoy during the second cruise.

Shop personnel assume that everyone is disembarking the next day.... 

Just sayin'

It has been reported recently that they check for B2B ( they have a list)