On board birthday ideas for husband?

EMOSEA

1 minute ago, navybankerteacher said:

Are you thinking Dr. Denton’s for him or something from Victoria’s Secret for you —- both “cute”, but somewhat different.

LOL.. more VS "cute" than the other. 

2 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Right, a man's ideal birthday.  But not every man's ideal birthday.  Not all wives control and nag their husbands.  Nor do we all require a lot of discussion or from them.  I don't need to leave my DH alone in order for him to eat whatever he wants, drink whatever he wants, sleep whenever he wants, or do whatever he wants.  He's a grown man and gets to make those decisions for himself, even when I am with him.  He's my husband, not my child.  And trust me, he definitely prefers my company and certain attention from me to being left alone all day.:classic_wink:

Ha, thats what he tells you.😁

42 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Are you thinking Dr. Denton’s for him or something from Victoria’s Secret for you —- both “cute”, but somewhat different.

On 8/11/2019 at 1:35 AM, EMOSEA said:

r something cute to wear for bed (nsfw?). 

is this not a daily occurence in your country?

2 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

Ha, thats what he tells you.😁

LOL, I get it, really.🤣   Your joke is not lost on me.

In all seriousness, though, he has no need to tell me any lies, and why would he?   Honest communication on his part helps me to be a better wife to him.  I know what he likes and what he loves.  I've spent the last quarter of a century getting better at making my husband happy, whilst also learning how to irritate him less.:classic_biggrin:

As he put it himself (just now when I read all these posts to him and asked him about it, to make sure I was not mistaken), "There's nothing onboard that I would rather do without you. A few things I'm neutral to you being there for, but most things I want to share the experience with you...  And, if you left me alone all day, some of my favourite things to do would not be possible."  And no, this was not him just telling me what I want to hear.  He wants to be happy as much as I want to help make him happy, so he is upfront about what he wants and I do my best to accommodate him.

Every marriage and every individual is different.  I can imagine some spouses that would agree with you that a day on a cruise away from their wife would be a welcome relief.  But, as I said, not all wives so hinder their husband's joy.

• Like 1

Actually I am just having a laugh with this.

Everyone is different, my wife and I love just chilling, drinking ale, and wine, and people watching.

That would do for me. With the odd nice bit of food thrown in.

If he likes massages, instead of buying him one, GIVE him one.

Personal touch.  No pun intended.

BUT, it can be mild to wild. 😄

And since you have a bath tub, start with a nice soak with some bath oil or bath salts.

And since it is a celebration for both, give each other a massage.

My DH and I celebrate very special occasions with couples spa treatments.  Not the couples massage, but each has a private extended stone massage scheduled for the same time.  We have our utterly relaxed private time “together” and then go back to the cabin for a glass of wine on the balcony to just talk and laugh.  Perfect, for us.

On 8/10/2019 at 3:13 PM, EMOSEA said:

Hubby and I did a silly thing almost six years ago and got married one day before his birthday, so we usually like to take a trip to celebrate both at once. However, I would like to do something a little extra for him for his birthday on the second day of our cruise (sea day) and wondering if anyone has some suggestions. I don't think he'd appreciate the birthday decorations package that Carnival sells. 

What have you done for your significant other for their birthday on board?  

If you decide to have a birthday cake make sure to emphasize that it is for your husband and that they understand his hame.

In 2013 we did a family cruise to celebrate a significant birthday for me. One of my son in laws arranged everything.When the cake was presented to me it had my son in laws name and the wait staff sang Happy Birthday to his name.

On 8/11/2019 at 11:14 PM, DarrenM said:

Right. At the risk of sounding miserable or upsetting folk on here........give your husband the ideal gift.

Leave him alone all day to do whatever he wants. Eat whatever he wants. Drink whatever he wants. And let him sleep whenever he wants.

And then ask him no questions about what he had got up to. Men just sometimes dont like in depth discussions.

A mans ideal birthday day.

Sir, I sincerely think that's a perfect gift.

17 hours ago, fyree39 said:

you could also pick up some battery operated tea lights at the dollar store for a romantic touch in the cabin.

I bought a box of 12 from Amazon.

One also makes a great night light in the bathroom.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 7:38 AM, ducklite said:

I can't think of any ideas that haven't already been mentioned, but we got married the day after my husbands birthday.  He can't forget our anniversary that way.  🙂

How about a good old Happy Birthday Card.....

............stuffed with lottery scratchers to match his age....

• Like 1

I cant think of anything worse than a massage from a stranger. 

I feel for those people that work in spas and have to look at some of the sights wanting to be pampered.

Think I would be sick.

I include myself in the category of bodies that could make folk sick.

Shudders

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 5:31 PM, EMOSEA said:

I've been thinking on this, and I think this is something he would like, but I have two hesitations. 

1. We're cruising with some friends this time and we probably want to do "formal" night dinner together that evening. 
2. (a totally selfish reason) I'm not sure there is anything I can eat in the steakhouse that would make it worth paying the $38 for me (vegetarian and allergic to wheat). But, I would do it for him if it wasn't for #1. 

He likes sushi, so maybe I can take him to lunch at the a la carte sushi restaurant for lunch that day. 

Make the day all about him. Ask his friends and family to prepare cards and greeting for him. Bring these with you and give them to him at breakfast (you know prefer a quiet, private breakfast from room service, seaside with food from the lido, or th MDR). Do the sushi lunch.  When you listening to music during the Day, ask the musician to play his favorite song (they'll probably announce his birthday too if you wish). Have predinner drinks with your friends and them  dinner with them in the MDR - since it's formal night it will already be festive  - buy a Bottle of sparkling wine for the table and toast his birthday. Be sure the waitstaff knows it's his birthday, and they will being him a special dessert. Let him decide what the evening activities will be.

2 hours ago, simplelife said:

Make the day all about him. Ask his friends and family to prepare cards and greeting for him. Bring these with you and give them to him at breakfast (you know prefer a quiet, private breakfast from room service, seaside with food from the lido, or th MDR). Do the sushi lunch.  When you listening to music during the Day, ask the musician to play his favorite song (they'll probably announce his birthday too if you wish). Have predinner drinks with your friends and them  dinner with them in the MDR - since it's formal night it will already be festive  - buy a Bottle of sparkling wine for the table and toast his birthday. Be sure the waitstaff knows it's his birthday, and they will being him a special dessert. Let him decide what the evening activities will be.

This is fantastic, thank you so much!