No Farewell Show on Dawn. Is this another change ?

Aldeya

We just returned from the cruise on Norwegian Dawn. We were really surprised that there was no Farewell show at the end of the cruise. Is this something that is also going away and we were not aware of?

Edited by Aldeya

32 minutes ago, Aldeya said:

We just returned from the cruise on Norwegian Dawn. We were really surprised that there was no Farewell show at the end of the cruise. Is this something that is also going away and we were not aware of?

Oh wow, that was one of my favorite things about our cruise on the Dawn--I had never seen anything like that before and thought it was such a fun ending.  I would be interested to hear as well.

• Like 1

On some of the larger ships-- The Farewell has been added to the end of the International Crew Show on the afternoon of the last Sea Day instead of the last night before returning to the home port.  Much easier on staff especially the Bridge Staff.

• Like 1

Well, I dunno what to say.  When we're on the Dawn 3 months ago, it was integrated into an extended finale for the "Elements" show in the Stardust Theater,  not a "show" by itself per se as it lasted probably no more than 15 minutes, crew & officers representing various departments on the ship has to return to their duty stations, including the bridge ... and rush back again for the 2nd. time.  It was announced/mentioned in the Freestyle Dailies and majority stayed for it (wasn't done on the final evening before disembarkation.) 

The classic Norwegian farewell "song" has been changed for a good # of years now, if you haven't been on a NCL ship in a while ... we liked the old ones better, but copyright issues as told.  

IMG_20190516_214849902.jpg

IMG_20190516_215716766.jpg

IMG_20190516_215911467.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mking8288 said:

The classic Norwegian farewell "song" has been changed for a good # of years now, if you haven't been on a NCL ship in a while ... we liked the old ones better, but copyright issues as told.  

Last fall we had the classic "You are Norwegian now" song on The Escape. Is this a recent change? I love that song and the flooding of the stage when all the crew come up. Please say it's not so 😥

29 minutes ago, AKR2011 said:

Last fall we had the classic "You are Norwegian now" song on The Escape. Is this a recent change? I love that song and the flooding of the stage when all the crew come up. Please say it's not so 😥

No, that is the "current" farewell song and NCL is still doing that across the fleet.  See this YT video link - what some of us missed is the older one with the "Home away from home, the Norwegian Way" themed one (based on "We are the World")  Lookup this on YT - PISZxXJmj20  (embedding is not allowed) or "Chris Cobb Olsen Norwegian Dawn farewell song" from 2012. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlSZxXJmj20

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

How cool! I have only been cruising NCL since 2011, and I may actually remember this now that I saw the video. However, perhaps I'm in the minority. Due to my nostalgia for the new song, I prefer that one. I totally get how more experienced cruisers miss their old song, though.

We haven't seen a Farewell Show since the last time we sailed on one of the Jewel class ships.  We haven't seen one on either Get' or Breakaway.  Has NCL discontinued them on the bigger ships?  Sad if they have. 

I miss "Fountains" that the Cruise Director & Staff staff did on the last night!!!

40 minutes ago, tomk3212 said:

I miss "Fountains" that the Cruise Director & Staff staff did on the last night!!!

When we were on the Jewel in Feb. 2017, they did “Fountains” on the last night. I was surprised, because I had read on here that it had been eliminated, reportedly for health reasons. It was absolutely hysterical, and I’m glad we got to see it! 

our last few sails the farewell has been on the next to last night vs. the last night.

fountains was so gross.  people spitting on each other.  never found this funny.  and it was so contradictory to "washy washy" and AGE concerns.

2 hours ago, BostonGal35 said:

fountains was so gross.  people spitting on each other.  never found this funny.  and it was so contradictory to "washy washy" and AGE concerns.

Oh good, for a while there I was thinking I was the only person who thought fountains was kind of gross and not funny. I saw it once and that was more than enough for me.