Fresh coffee at 5 am

• 58 minutes ago
  •  
  • 1 post

We tend to wake up early.  4-5am.  In past have had no luck finding a fresh brew, if any coffee at all.  Seemed like a miracle when we found a table with a coffee pot on a side deck last cruise  maybe 3 years ago.  Will be on RC Brilliance in 2019.  

Will be on level 8 so no perks.  Only platinum status.   

Can anyone find us fresh coffee in early am?    Any suggestions for that fresh brew?  

Have you considered a small cup size water heater?  I used to travel in my job and would take one in my suitcase. I bought the Starbucks VIA instant coffee and it is actually not too bad.   I know it's not ideal, but beats wandering the ship only to find no coffee or hours old coffee.  Not sure if one of these would be banned or not. 

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Immersion-Electric-Portable-Reheater/dp/B01M0Q84BR/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3NZW6RXI2DQX2&keywords=cup+size+water+heater&qid=1565954417&s=gateway&sprefix=cup+size+water+%2Caps%2C135&sr=8-4

2 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Have you considered a small cup size water heater?  I used to travel in my job and would take one in my suitcase. I bought the Starbucks VIA instant coffee and it is actually not too bad.   I know it's not ideal, but beats wandering the ship only to find no coffee or hours old coffee.  Not sure if one of these would be banned or not. 

https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Immersion-Electric-Portable-Reheater/dp/B01M0Q84BR/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3NZW6RXI2DQX2&keywords=cup+size+water+heater&qid=1565954417&s=gateway&sprefix=cup+size+water+%2Caps%2C135&sr=8-4

Not permitted.  You can bring a French press, but nothing that plugs in.

you can also request a coffee pot  or kettle but that would depend on a few factors whether the cabin attendant will/can provide one

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, spookwife said:

Not permitted.  You can bring a French press, but nothing that plugs in.

you can also request a coffee pot  or kettle but that would depend on a few factors whether the cabin attendant will/can provide one

Thanks. Wasn't sure, but not surprised.

Edited by papaflamingo

3 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Fire hazard

• Like 1

Try these....

https://athome.starbucks.com/coffees-by-format/starbucks-via-instant/

Worlds better than any other instant or the old, usually scorched coffee you’ll probably find at one of the coffee urns.

Actually, I think it’s better than some of the stuff I’ve tried in any of the buffets on board at peak times.  Cruise coffee in those big urns just isn’t that good, regardless of the time of day.