Oasis class or Radiance class ship for touring Europe

As much as I love the larger ships, I am concerned that an Oasis class ship will be all the more crowded and hectic getting on and off the ship at European ports. Anyone have an opinion on which class of ship may be best for a European cruise?  Thanks all!

22 minutes ago, Catperson said:

As much as I love the larger ships, I am concerned that an Oasis class ship will be all the more crowded and hectic getting on and off the ship at European ports. Anyone have an opinion on which class of ship may be best for a European cruise?  Thanks all!

If you like seeing outside the ship from public venues, choose Radiance class.  Also, Radiance class being smaller means it can get into more ports than Oasis class.

We've just done a cruise on the Jewel in June and away again on her in October and IMHO she's perfect for Europe!

Having done Navigator, Independence and numerous Oasis class cruises she was surprisingly roomy and not at all busy in the usual places like the WJ/pools etc

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Normally I would say hands down Radiance class, but in my case I wanted to pair up my med tour with a TA.   Oasis class (in this case Allure) has so much more to do on those long sea days. 

Same thing we are doing. Allure 10/25/2020 and back on 11/1/2020 to Miami. might sea you onboard. 

2 hours ago, Catperson said:

My choice would be Oasis class because of Central Park.

We have sailed on all classes except Quantum class around Europe and never encountered any negatives so the fantastic facilities on Oasis class win.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Catperson said:

Not sure why it would be “ more crowded and hectic” as she’ll have the same number of passengers?

Any Radiance itinerary will beat the Allure loop imho. 

Any Rhapsody itinerary that includes Croatia and Montenegro will be the best. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

Not sure why it would be “ more crowded and hectic” as she’ll have the same number of passengers?

Any Radiance itinerary will beat the Allure loop imho. 

Any Rhapsody itinerary that includes Croatia and Montenegro will be the best. 

I agree the Vision class itineraries are the best.

2 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Radiance Class hands down for the itinerary. The Oasis Class itinerary is not particularly exciting and the ship's amenities are wasted on itineraries with only one sea day.

+1. 

Oasis class can stop at half a dozen ports. Radiance Class can go to a lot lot more. I sailed for the first time on Oasis class this summer on the western med route. It’s a spectacular engineering feat but there are so few places that you can see out of the ship. You could be in the middle of a TA and you wouldn’t know.

Stick with radiance class where you can sail in and out of Venice, kotor or santorini and see every bit of it. 

Normally I would choose the Radiance Class but have done TA's on the Freedom and as two others mentioned will be enjoying the Allure for our first time by doing the Oct 25th Western Med followed by the TA to Miami on Nov 1st 2020. I am looking forward to enjoying the Allure over the 25 days vs 7 days for a Caribbean on her. To compare ships, I also agree, look at the itinerary first cost by ships doing the itinerary you like.

10 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Radiance holds 2400, Oasis hold 6400. Might be a little more crowded getting off. 

The OP said it would be “more hectic and crowded at European ports”... no reason why. Some number of passengers whether she is in Med or Caribbean. 

Oasis class has the slickest boarding/disembarking process I’ve ever seen. 

Still a “boring” itinerary compared to others though. 

Edited by little britain

5 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

As Oasis class opens up more gangways we have never encountered any problem getting on or off the ship.

We think the Vision and Radiance class itineraries are better but for amenities you really cannot beat the Oasis class.

My sentiments exactly.

2 hours ago, little britain said:

The OP said it would be “more hectic and crowded at European ports”... no reason why. Some number of passengers whether she is in Med or Caribbean. 

Oasis class has the slickest boarding/disembarking process I’ve ever seen. 

Still a “boring” itinerary compared to others though. 

Palma,Marseille,Rome,Naples,la Spezia (Florence-Pisa) and Barcelona are hardly boring.

We have done this itinerary twice on Harmony,once on Allure and Freedom and still have lots to see so are doing Allure again next summer.

Edited by grapau27

5 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

As Oasis class opens up more gangways we have never encountered any problem getting on or off the ship. ...

I recall long security lines before we even reached the gangway.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That's a shame.

I agree with Norwich cruiser yes there are minor delays but to date we have not encountered long delays.

As we know the ports so well and use taxi's a lot we often sit on our balcony till around 10am when most of the crowds have dispersed before we go down to disembark.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

From experience on occasions at peak times all ships usually encounter some of waiting if only a minute or so  but with Oasis class docking perhaps we’ve always been lucky as never encountered any wait other than the odd minute both in the Mediterranean and Caribbean.

14 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

+1. 

Oasis class can stop at half a dozen ports. Radiance Class can go to a lot lot more. I sailed for the first time on Oasis class this summer on the western med route. It’s a spectacular engineering feat but there are so few places that you can see out of the ship. You could be in the middle of a TA and you wouldn’t know.

Stick with radiance class where you can sail in and out of Venice, kotor or santorini and see every bit of it. 

I am not sure that Venice is on the list any longer?  

Edited by island lady