Oasis class or Radiance class ship for touring Europe

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Vision class.

We sailed Splendour a couple of times from Venice and loved it.

It is on my bucket list too, but am worried (with the crashing events) that the natives are up in arms.  Most of the locals detested the big cruise ships coming in there.  This gives them ammo.  There was serious talk about banning cruise ship visits.  

Edited by island lady

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

It is on my bucket list too, but am worried (with the crashing events) that the natives are up in arms.  Most of the locals detested the big cruise ships coming in there.  This gives them ammo.  There was serious talk about banning cruise ship visits.  

There is talk of moving the terminal onto the mainland.The natives do detest the big ships but they still like tourists money.

I found there was at least one hundred small boats including speedboats making a lot more waves than our ship which sailed very slowly in and out of Venice lagoon.

Our water taxi(speedboat) from Venice airport to the Hilton Molina Stucky for a one night pre cruise stay was an experience.

Our water taxi from the hotel to the ship in the morning was quite fast too.

Edited by grapau27

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

There is talk of moving the terminal onto the mainland.The natives do detest the big ships but they still like tourists money.

I found there was at least one hundred small boats including speedboats making a lot more waves than our ship which sailed very slowly in and out of Venice lagoon.

Our water taxi(speedboat) from Venice airport to the Hilton Molina Stucky for a one night pre cruise stay was an experience.

This one 

Edited by island lady

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is not the amount of waves that need to be considered but also the mass of water that is involved.  If you have a relatively shallow harbor, a large ship even with a shallow draft can displace a large amount of water to the sides.  Won't necessary show up as waves but the mass water displaced can affect on shore side items.

The Oasis Class is not the ship aimed for people outside of Europe that are looking to discover a lot of destinations, since the ports the ships can dock are limited and always the same. Hence, I would strongly choose the Radiance or Vision Class ships out of Barcelona or from Amsterdam, Scandinavia (Copenhagen / Stockholm) and Venice over a Oasis Class ship. Since there is a lot to see in Europe and it's not like the Caribbean where at some point it's all +- the same and it's almost more interesting to stay on board, for which the Oasis Class is great. Hence Oasis Class in Europe makes the most sense for families with Children that are looking more for a resort stye holiday and Europeans in general who look for a relaxed week and or would like to experience the Oasis Class because they haven't done so before.

• Like 1