Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

42 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We had had to take apart Owen’s Otter Box Defender case on his iPad. Thankfully they gave me a tool to open it with. Otherwise it was a no go. They are hard to take apart. 

Similar deal with her. Made no sense but they do this randomly, i’m told. It was US TSA in Barcelona. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

And then there is Lucy.  We had to pick her up at the neighbors yesterday. She had been gone since Monday. To lazy to walk the half mile home.  Who has who trained?

At least you're off retrieving a cat that’s wandered away.  I’ve got  the call at home from Vikki to come get her and the dog halfway into their walk as the dog has decided she’s done and just laid down.  It’s kind of hard to convince a 90lb dog to move if she doesn’t want to. 

Have a great cruise.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

On 8/23/2019 at 7:27 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Did you know Christmas is four months Sunday?  Does Owen know that school starts a week Tuesday?  Now that I have shocked both you and him, let’s get to the fun stuff.  

I’ll tell you more; about the summer heat and these summer nights.

WooHoo - another review from Andrew!

Lucy -- so adorable. Want to scritch the belly, but if she's anything like mine -- sure go ahead - but it's a trap! (nip, nip, bunny kicks)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Photo of our post security discussion with a friend.  It was Owen that got the one over. His iPad was what they were looking at. 

39AFAB12-74AF-4573-982D-7C43CAA64D54.thumb.jpeg.0af4492c73b33c644f6c7763a9743302.jpeg

We have never had an experience like that before. Needless to say we are through and done. And any hangry has been resolved. Now our scheduled landing time is 7:11, when originally it was 5:05. The joys of travel. 

The reason you always arrive the day before to the port city.  You just never know.   Oh and of course following.

58 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Ate you Eastern or Western Andrew?

I believe they are Eastern,  spoke with a couple at lunch doing B2B, they mentioned  St Thomas

Edited by John&LaLa

5 hours ago, truffles2 said:

Hope you have a great trip.  Take good care of Harmony;  we will be on for 2 wks in Sept.

Will do. I’ll take care of the brass in the Schooner Bar. Some lyrics from one of the best drinking song ever. Home for a Rest, by Spirit of the West. 

We never saw nothin' but brass taps and oak
Kept a shine on the bar with the sleeves of our coats

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Similar deal with her. Made no sense but they do this randomly, i’m told. It was US TSA in Barcelona. 

Yup, I had one too in FLL but never to such a level. At least Owen will be employed again soon. 

4 hours ago, Sobro said:

I hope Andrew realizes that sun dried tomatoes are just red raisins 😉

Tasty morsels, unlike crappy grapes. LOL

4 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Always. 🌈 

Indeed. 

4 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Ugh. He got me again. 

Or did I.... LOL

46 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

The reason you always arrive the day before to the port city.  You just never know.   Oh and of course following.

You got it. Our flight originally was scheduled to leave at 2:15 and arrive at 5:45.  We did not get our luggage until 7:45.  Good thing we de died not to go to Disney tonight. 

38 minutes ago, FirstAnthem said:

Have a wonderful cruise! Can’t wait to hear all about it. I love your live reviews! 

Thank you. 

31 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

Andrew and family, thanks for taking us along and sharing your adventures. Love the pics of sweet Lucy who is missing you I’m sure. Happy and safe cruising to you and  yours.

Sharon

Thanks Sharon. I bet Lucy doesn’t even know we went anywhere. 

27 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Upgrade?

20190823_230327.thumb.jpg.a2d2d41b246d4df581b2ae07aaf4240c.jpg

Why thank-you John.  So gracious of you. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So we are now hunkered down in the MCO Hyatt.  We found some grub and are now flaked out. Great room, perfect for the night and AC is on blast. Igloo settings. No pics of the room, too much stuff flaked out. The Disney Channel is bombarding us with Finding Dory.  

I got got to meet and talk with John Lasseter at Pebble Beach Concours in 2017. A quiet guy but it was an honour to have a few minutes with him. He and Pixar sure have left their mark on and with Disney. 

Any way our view out the the hotel window.  We did book the room on points so it’s all good. 

BFEB2819-C64C-4ED2-85E7-9C97D41626EC.thumb.jpeg.57a81f905ed903d4261d2daf539509f6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Ate you Eastern or Western Andrew?

Well now that one has asked specifically I might as well post some cruise details. 

You guys already know the ship, from the title. 

9B0310B1-D275-4B17-8B42-7182381ECC6D.thumb.jpeg.4f1cf3d291e0fabcf83e2dc0f919ed09.jpeg

The planned itinerary. 😉

2822E118-EAF3-4EFE-B65A-C42953DBD819.thumb.jpeg.e25221b2395d4054008bdec5a21ffa93.jpeg

Our cabin, CLS 1740.

2CB5F1A8-B983-4538-86BE-231FF06A2909.jpeg.9a88e9b22505a9874aeb4e5e63672650.jpeg

Layout.

26C5DDE4-97BD-4622-A3A7-68632A5A7E61.png.a63bc0c27e94b5020cfdfb291acc4c6d.png

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, minnie00 said:

Some other posts are saying your going Western instead due to Dorian. We sail on Harmony Eastern next weekend and are watching Dorian as well 

Lets just say say it isn’t looking good, especially with my amateur photo overlay. Yes, there aren’t two Cubas but you get the idea. 

Sounds like Allure is headed west, so it’s only a matter of time for us. 

0BE8B5CD-6011-4C94-B7B0-270DC08EE770.thumb.jpeg.1bf83a67515f48fed7d8c428efdaaf4f.jpeg

16 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

Have a wonderful cruise.  We are doing this same cruise in Sep.  We are also in a CL.  Would love your impressions/experience with Coco Cay and also the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.   Looking forward to your review. 

I will report back at the end of the cruise.  I think we will make CoCo Cay but from there who knows where we are headed. The good thing with Oasis Class, the ship is the destination.

33 minutes ago, ksmommy5 said:

I will be on Harmony in 35 days. Can you check if the back of the TVs would support a Firestick (basic HDMI port) pls and thank you! Also, if you remember, a picture of the daily drinks of the day? 

John who is on board Harmony right now did say that there is/are HDMI port(s) on the TV.  As for the drink of the day, I’ll post them here as we drink them. 

• Like 1