Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

Thanks for the great review this week - enjoying your posts.  Looking forward to boarding Sunday (hopefully).  

I didn't know about the waffle cakes / funnel cakes as this will be our first visit to CocoCay... looks like I will be running a few extra laps on the track that day!!!

15 minutes ago, Swank Pad G said:

Isn't it a relief knowing that you don't have worry about the airport being closed? Great to be able to turn on the windshield wipers and go! Mys wife and I are already talking about looking into a place to buy so we would not have to do airfare.

Then again...some of us that live in Florida...still fly. 

Of the 24 cruises I have booked...only four are out of Florida.  The rest involve flights.  😉 

• Like 2

We have returned to the air conditioned comfort of our cabin. Feels great. I bet a  shower feels even better. A few pics from the GoPro.

AE240316-D372-4C01-B9D7-AD3E1565997A.thumb.jpeg.bf6b5b31f67f6a01fe730d8d61fa2348.jpeg

to cool for the pool Owen. 

C617490A-5C46-4C91-A6CE-9335C32B47F6.thumb.jpeg.e08bdb9d66ba4948ab3e96c75711a496.jpeg

I ate it after this wave. 

AE54585B-773C-4AF3-9C0B-362EE536D999.thumb.jpeg.d8878a5a203e4d403ba36a303e6aa3e7.jpeg

BA1602AA-5053-4CC4-A9C2-CA9379DE1256.thumb.jpeg.82efb606793b3142a1f7ca4c663ab4e2.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

@A&L_Ont  I was busting @John&LaLa chops for quoting “photos “. That and kids seem to be pet peeves. Best I can tell, he did it twice in less than a few minutes. Should we report him?  And to whom???  Lol 

I totally got it. 😉

A live reviewers pet peeve.  

• Like 2

We were on a land vacation to Disney when Hurricane Charlie made its presence known on that Friday the 13th.

MCO closed for 3 days.

Fun was over, I wanted to go home....................

Got the last rental car in Disney and Drove 4 hours (  😞  ) to get to Tampa to catch a flight  (Traffic bad)

Flew out of there to Pittsburgh.

Insurance re-reimbursed us for lost Disney day tickets, room,  and hardship!!!!!

Just showed the receipts for trip---TA got the hardship (don't know how but  🙂  ).

The only thing not covered was the rental car, insurance would have paid for 3 more days in Disney  (Go figure).

Safe travels to all and keep your options open.....

Other airports available.

Use your insurance ----for whatever it covers.

Safe travels.

• Like 1

A one take video of pool entry. It definitely isn’t a pool you could surf in but honestly it should be safe for swimmers of all capabilities.  They did have life vests for the smaller kiddos. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Will do, especially at the Love and Marriage show. I won’t report back the first place they made whoppie.😉 

LOL...Thanks, I appreciate that!  

Any of us that followed his adventures know how you feel.

@Yorkvillain actually made and ate the Trainman sandwich years ago in his live review. I could not get past the grape jelly, combined with sausage and cream cheese. But yet to eat one would be a fitting tribute.  

Yes, Trainman was a treasure.  We all miss him and his posts.  Hope Judith continues to do well.  Katherine

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

We were on a land vacation to Disney when Hurricane Charlie made its presence known on that Friday the 13th.

The eye of Charlie passed within 10 miles of my house. It was a fast mover and I rode it out. Scariest 45 minutes of my life.  I escaped from Frances, but not Jeanne. Scariest 18 hours of my life. "The City Beautiful" my foot. Lesson learned, get out of the way when a hurricane is coming. Moved to New Hampshire, problem solved. I can deal with snow if I have to lol. Cruising is my escape. Just not during hurricane season. But I know it will all work out for Andrew and family. The ship can get out of the way, and that's what counts. Be safe.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Croozin Soozin said:

I’ve been doing that cruise for the last four or five years, and yes, he’s there every time!  I’ll get to enjoy it twice next month, unless I’m on the opposite side of the ship!  I actually love the sound of bagpipes!

Oh NO!!!!

I really do enjoy a bit of bagpipes now and then (and have the ultimate respect for how difficult it is to play them well), but I certainly hope he's expanded his playlist up ... a lot! 🤣

22 minutes ago, minnie00 said:

I am enjoying your trip report as usual and watching closely as my ship makes it back to port this weekend so i can take my cruise with her 😉

Same for us 😊! We also hope to sail on her Sunday! I did want to ask though - They are saying an update is being played onboard Harmony and all Caribbean ships  in the cabins on the TV with updates on Dorian. Would you mind please sharing what it is and any updates they give you. Safe travels! Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Traciewatson said:

Same for us 😊! We also hope to sail on her Sunday! I did want to ask though - They are saying an update is being played onboard Harmony and all Caribbean ships  in the cabins on the TV with updates on Dorian. Would you mind please sharing what it is and any updates they give you. Safe travels! Thanks! 

We have ave yet to turn our TV but if we do I’ll report back. I did see the JVF spoke about it on his Twitter account. 

1 hour ago, Traciewatson said:

JVF shared it on social media too for those at home.

Dinner was filling. Tasty too. The meat was cooked just right as well. The ribeye had flavour. Skip the Mac and Cheese. Service was quick. We were done in an hour and were not rushed.

Peter our waiter was a joy. He has been in the cruise world since 2003 starting with P&O and 3 contracts later joined RC. He started as a pastry chef and worked his way through the kitchen and dining room and eventually ended up in specialty dining. He has worked on Brilliance, Vision, Grandeur, etc and had only recently entered to Oasis Class of ships. Thankfully there was a lull in Chops to which we could chat for a few minutes. 

Now, for the person curious to the soup, it seemed like the original mushroom soup but then you had me second guessing. 

F3350558-6978-4C95-97B8-35247F6E6B7B.thumb.jpeg.9e8a161c6afd7af2ca3e3988c94f2788.jpeg

Craisins ain’t raisins. 

A642717E-9957-4CC4-9C21-AD97FAB31A61.thumb.jpeg.db6fdb5140b81b4ee94b35334e57797d.jpeg

Owen commented that the liked the croutons and boom. Look what appeared. 

61B29843-4CB7-4A2A-A7F9-D5894A55981B.thumb.jpeg.a5e456880319997c64a4418b006b0a46.jpeg

Copious amounts of meat were consumed and we somehow polished off part of a cheese cake and a small amount of ice cream. 

A great evening. We tried to run the father/son golf grudge match but the links were backed up. Maybe tomorrow. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A couple shots from CoCo Cay departure. 

A2A00711-1D94-471F-9DC6-AFFBDAB8FFA9.thumb.jpeg.9d8fb9b36d3c4c30fc7f10925aef91af.jpeg

There were also also a few old ships by different light houses. This one was anchored all day. I’m thinking it had supplies for CoCo Cay redevelopment, that are off loaded at night. 

696C16AE-5E14-4BF2-B1C9-7AAB1D1F467E.thumb.jpeg.7f68857b3254a5aa109bcb4ecb129a3b.jpeg

And then there was this one, that came from the neighbouring island that had 2 light houses on them.  Great Stirrup Cay I believe. 

AC1B6C40-029B-4CCF-9351-608A11965E5F.thumb.jpeg.9afd7ef83648ab1d3bcb65f90dd9a8d4.jpeg

23EE36CB-A767-48E8-8810-5CC0E81BC4AB.thumb.jpeg.a309286ad9f72610656c6411f55f3bd6.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1