Any Disney park from Port Canaveral?

10 hours ago, BeachChik said:

Yes Epcot does have tier 1 and tier 2 rides. This does affect how you can book fast passes. 

https://www.mousehacking.com/blog/epcot-fastpass-strategy

Avatar and slinky dog absolutely do offer fast passes. But neither attraction is at Epcot. 

And I would absolutely disagree that Epcot can be done in half a day. Epcot is huge and it takes a decent amount of time just to walk the world showcase even if you didn’t stop to look at anything. 

I live in Orlando and IMO 4 hours in a park is a waste. You will be clock watching the entire time and even at slow times the parks are packed. You won’t really get to do anything before you have to leave. 

Totally agree we have a holiday home near Disney and trust me from experience it’s absolutely impossible to do any Disney Park in four hours especially Epcot you honestly wouldn’t scratch the surface .

Much better to do it properly from a land based vacation.

• Like 1

I've done the Disney excursion twice when my ship stopped at Port Canaveral. Bus left the pier by 8am to arrive by 9am. We got about 7 hours in a park(did Magic Kingdom once & EPCOT the last time). Had to be back on bus by 4pm to arrive at pier by 5pm. Despite the ship not leaving until later, the shore excursion people say they have to leave by 4pm to avoid rush hour traffic coming back. Definitely worth it, IMO. For the Disney super fan that I am, it was a nice little hold over until my actually Disney vacation.

13 hours ago, BeachChik said:

We go frequently in early December. The parks are still packed. There is no down time anymore as more and more people travel at off peak times. 

Labor day week/weekend is not packed at all.  We go every year as well as in the summer, and the difference between summer and labor day is massive.  We also go the last week of summer break now as it's much less crowded than June/July.

Edited by BNBR

2 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Totally agree we have a holiday home near Disney and trust me from experience it’s absolutely impossible to do any Disney Park in four hours especially Epcot you honestly wouldn’t scratch the surface .

Much better to do it properly from a land based vacation.

If the person doesn't care about rides, EPCOT is totally doable in 4 hours.  At least to see it and wander the showcase, see the aquarium, etc.  I'm sure they are fully aware that they won't be taking in the entire park and everything it has to offer.

We do rides and often seem to only spend 4 or so hours at EPCOT.  Yes, it's easy to spend a whole day, but that doesn't mean you can't wander the showcase and maybe hop on a ride or two in 4 hours.  OP implied that's all they wanted to do.  And that's not outrageous at all. We will be back next week, and we'll be doing 3 parks in 1 day.  3 - 4 hours per park.  

We also do Magic Kingdom in 3 - 4 hours as well.  Usually MK and EPCOT same day.  It depends what you want to do.  For us, our kids are young so we knock out the 10 or so rides they want to go on then leave by lunch time, maybe 1pm.  Head to EPCOT or AK for a few rides they like then back to the campground by dinner and maybe pop over to another park in the evening.  AK for Pandora at night, for example.

Edited by BNBR
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BNBR said:

If the person doesn't care about rides, EPCOT is totally doable in 4 hours.  At least to see it and wander the showcase, see the aquarium, etc.  I'm sure they are fully aware that they won't be taking in the entire park and everything it has to offer.

We do rides and often seem to only spend 4 or so hours at EPCOT.  Yes, it's easy to spend a whole day, but that doesn't mean you can't wander the showcase and maybe hop on a ride or two in 4 hours.  OP implied that's all they wanted to do.  And that's not outrageous at all. We will be back next week, and we'll be doing 3 parks in 1 day.  3 - 4 hours per park.  

We also do Magic Kingdom in 3 - 4 hours as well.  Usually MK and EPCOT same day.  It depends what you want to do.  For us, our kids are young so we knock out the 10 or so rides they want to go on then leave by lunch time, maybe 1pm.  Head to EPCOT or AK for a few rides they like then back to the campground by dinner and maybe pop over to another park in the evening.  AK for Pandora at night, for example.

We will respectably disagree.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

We will respectably disagree.

There is nothing to disagree with.  We do it....  Literally.  We count as "doable in 4 hours", and we are "people."  So people can do EPCOT in 4 hours - now you know.

I think it depends on the type of person you are and what you’re looking for.  I have a friend who plans her Disney trips for months, has a notebook with a timed schedule, plans her Fastpasses and generally hits everything at a run. We, on the other hand, have been often enough that we have no plan whatsoever and just go with the flow. Her plan suits her and mine suits me, so I could do Epcot in 4 hours and just enjoy wandering around there.

There are computer sites that will help you plan and have statistics to tell you what the crowds will be like at any given time.  An actual Disney vacation will give you time to experience  more and a cruise excursion will let you dip your toe in the magic.  Just go with the expectation that whatever you get to do you’ll have a good time.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for your input! We are going to do Epcot. I plan on doing fast pass and will wander around the countries and maybe we will get a few additional rides in if we can. Not going to do a hectic schedule at all. Been there done that years ago twice with the kids when we stayed on property. Just want to get out "adult style" Disney fix. 😊

• Like 2

Toad445

I want to know your secret!!!!!

You are so lucky getting to do 2 parks in 7 hours.

And get to do your rides.

I mean traveling from the port.

Arriving at Disney either Magic Kingdom, or Epcot.

If at MK, getting dropped off by transportation center.  Getting to park, either Monorail, or /ferry or bus drop off.

Getting in park.

Walking to first attraction.

Doing fast pass (es)

Then Epcot

Probably did monorail  (guessing)

Or mini mobile uber

Getting through security

Going to attractions.

We have only done land vacations to Disney World.  Never attached it to a cruise.

We still get amazed at how much travel or (down ) time it is to get from one theme  park to another.

Let alone getting in.

We are the unlucky ones.

Thanks for sharing.

Safe travels. 

8 hours ago, BNBR said:

There is nothing to disagree with.  We do it....  Literally.  We count as "doable in 4 hours", and we are "people."  So people can do EPCOT in 4 hours - now you know.

We are also people not robots.

And yes I disagree Epcot is impossible do do properly in for hours unless you just want to jog around the countries and see nothing.

Now you know.

• Like 1

Just now, Norwich Cruiser said:

We are also people not robots.

And yes I disagree Epcot is impossible do do properly in for hours unless you just want to jog around the countries and see nothing.

Now you know.

We certainly don't see "nothing"... 3 fast pass rides, a pleasant stroll around the countries, popping in to many of them, enjoy the aquarium... Plenty of time.  And for someone who may not have the opportunity to just "book a vacation to Disney"... You know, maybe 4+ hours is a nice way to experience the park because that is all they will get. 4 hours is a lot better than no hours. You can certainly stroll the park and try a few rides. And in reality, it's probably more than 4 hours, too.  Don't be so judgmental. 

5 hours ago, smokeykat said:

Thanks everyone for your input! We are going to do Epcot. I plan on doing fast pass and will wander around the countries and maybe we will get a few additional rides in if we can. Not going to do a hectic schedule at all. Been there done that years ago twice with the kids when we stayed on property. Just want to get out "adult style" Disney fix. 😊

Excellent plan. 4 or so hours is often the time we spend at EPCOT. As you know, you cant see every little thing, but you can definitely get on a few rides and stroll the park and have a nice day.  We are back at EPCOT again next week actually. And we plan to spend about 3 or 4 hours that day at the park (park hopping).  Grab some food, Let It Go in Norway... Time travel, and peak at some of the countries. Have fun! 

20 minutes ago, BNBR said:

We certainly don't see "nothing"... 3 fast pass rides, a pleasant stroll around the countries, popping in to many of them, enjoy the aquarium... Plenty of time.  And for someone who may not have the opportunity to just "book a vacation to Disney"... You know, maybe 4+ hours is a nice way to experience the park because that is all they will get. 4 hours is a lot better than no hours. You can certainly stroll the park and try a few rides. And in reality, it's probably more than 4 hours, too.  Don't be so judgmental. 

Sorry, I think you're the one being judgemental.  Go ahead and blast away, that's what you seem to do.

23 hours ago, rolloman said:

Sorry this is just not true ( tier 1 attractions???).  There are certain rides which do not offer fast passes such as Avatar, Slinky Dog. Other than these restricted rides, if a ride is on the available list and you have no other fast pass booked at the same time, it is open as a choice.

From the Disney World Web Site:

FastPass+ – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.

What is Disney FastPass+ service and how does it work?

A.

Disney FastPass+ service allows you to reserve access to select Walt Disney World theme park attractions, entertainment and Character Greetings in advance. There is no additional cost to use FastPass+ service―it is included with your theme park admission.

You can begin making your FastPass+ selections at 7:00 AM Eastern Time up to 30 days in advance of your visit. If you are staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in for the entire length of your stay. Please be aware that if you cancel your Disney Resort hotel reservation, any FastPass+ selections that were booked more than 30 days prior to your planned arrival are subject to cancellation.

Once you’ve registered online and linked your park admission, you can select from a list of experiences and times for your designated party. At the park, check in at FastPass+ entrances during the indicated time, with little or no wait. FastPass+ selections may also be made same-day at a FastPass+ kiosk in the theme park or using the My Disney Experience mobile app, depending on availability.

For a single theme park per day, you can make up to 3 FastPass+ selections in advance either online or using the mobile app and you may change or cancel your selections any time. You can also get assistance from the Lobby Concierge at your Walt Disney World Resort hotel or at a FastPass+ kiosk in any of the parks.

Note that kiosks allow FastPass+ selections only for the park where the kiosk is located, but you can view and cancel any of your FastPass+ selections, regardless of location.

Once you redeem your initial set of FastPass+ selections (or the last arrival window has passed), you can make another FastPass+ selection for the same day at an in-park kiosk or on your mobile device, up to park closing. After you redeem the additional FastPass+ pick, you can return to a kiosk to make more selections (one at a time), subject to availability.

If your ticket includes a Park Hopper Option, after you use your initial FastPass+ selections at the first park, you’ll be able to make additional FastPass+ selections (one at a time) at a kiosk or using the mobile app at the second park you visit that day, up to park closing.

For a greater range of choices, we recommend you make FastPass+ selections early. If you prefer to be spontaneous, all attractions and Character Greetings provide standby entrances so you can decide as you go.

Valid theme park admission required. FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make and available arrival windows are limited. Certain MyMagic+ features and benefits require online registration.

We just returned from 10 days at WDW and it is a FACT that only one of our three fast passes could be for a tier 1 ride.  Possibly this restriction is relaxed during off-peak months.  And yes, we could and did obtain fast passes for Avatar and Slinky Dog (neither of which is in Epcot). After we used the first three passes additional fast passes were available for all rides at kiosks or smartphone using the Disney app.  The app also listed up to date wait times for every attraction. 

Would never consider doing the excursion.  Too expensive, too much travel time and too little park time.  Better off sailing from PC and doing a pre or post cruise side trip to WDW.

10 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Sorry, I think you're the one being judgemental.  Go ahead and blast away, that's what you seem to do.

Cool.  And by the way, after all of the "can't be done", unhelpful, and negative comments, OP seems to have appreciated the "it can be done, but with limits, go have fun" comments much more, because OP is going to EPCOT with a realistic understanding of what the day will be like with a limited visit and feels it's worth it (I agree with OP).  Nobody wants the judgmental and negative comments.  It's better to just be helpful, explain what CAN be accomplished and let the person make their decisions.  The fear mongering and negativity is just, unhelpful.

Here's a comment just from today from a poster voicing the same sentiments:  

Edited by BNBR
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

We just returned from 10 days at WDW and it is a FACT that only one of our three fast passes could be for a tier 1 ride.  Possibly this restriction is relaxed during off-peak months.  And yes, we could and did obtain fast passes for Avatar and Slinky Dog (neither of which is in Epcot). After we used the first three passes additional fast passes were available for all rides at kiosks or smartphone using the Disney app.  The app also listed up to date wait times for every attraction. 

Would never consider doing the excursion.  Too expensive, too much travel time and too little park time.  Better off sailing from PC and doing a pre or post cruise side trip to WDW.

39 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

I think it's important to note that not all parks have tiers.  Magic Kingdom, you can book anything.  And Animal Kingdom, it's just the 2 Avatar rides that you can't book the same day.

Everyone has an opinion and I do appreciate them all! We are not looking to do every ride and attraction. This is just a little "Disney Fix" that we are excited to do as it has been years since we did the "must do every ride and attraction with 2 kids route" Like I said before been there and done that. We realize the travel time, time to actually enter and walk to the attractions in Epcot. We are looking for a relaxing experience for 4-5 hours that 2 adults can enjoy. Whatever rides we can do is fine by me.We do not want to do a whirlwind romp 😊 Thanks for the fast pass tips. Now to research how to use the app.......

• Like 3

This is best done on a land vacation...honestly...the time you'll actually have IN the park is much shorter than you're thinking.  Just getting from parking INTO the actual park will add another 30 mins. coming AND going.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BNBR said:

Labor day week/weekend is not packed at all.  We go every year as well as in the summer, and the difference between summer and labor day is massive.  We also go the last week of summer break now as it's much less crowded than June/July.

I didn’t say there wasn’t a difference in different parts of the year, I said the parks are busy all year. Being local and going to Disney frequently, I feel comfortable in saying there are no slow times anymore. I remember going to Magic Kingdom and all the lines were 30 minutes or less. That doesn’t exist anymore during any time of the year. 

And i I would disagree that a holiday weekend isn’t busy. It may not be Christmas busy but there are still decent lines. 

7 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

I didn’t say there wasn’t a difference in different parts of the year, I said the parks are busy all year. Being local and going to Disney frequently, I feel comfortable in saying there are no slow times anymore. I remember going to Magic Kingdom and all the lines were 30 minutes or less. That doesn’t exist anymore during any time of the year. 

And i I would disagree that a holiday weekend isn’t busy. It may not be Christmas busy but there are still decent lines. 

You can "disagree" all you want.  But we go the week/weekend after labor day every year and it's wonderfully nice, and not busy.  It's essentially the end of summer, when nearly ALL the kids are back in school around the country.  People generally aren't planning Disney vacations during this week. 

We go to Disney frequently, too.  We are local, too.  Congrats on the accomplishment.  But your experience doesnt trump mine. 

15 hours ago, BNBR said:

You can "disagree" all you want.  But we go the week/weekend after labor day every year and it's wonderfully nice, and not busy.  It's essentially the end of summer, when nearly ALL the kids are back in school around the country.  People generally aren't planning Disney vacations during this week. 

We go to Disney frequently, too.  We are local, too.  Congrats on the accomplishment.  But your experience doesnt trump mine. 

You may want to talk to someone. You are awfully angry simply because someone disagrees with you. 

26 minutes ago, BeachChik said:

You may want to talk to someone. You are awfully angry simply because someone disagrees with you. 

I'm not angry at all.  But clearly that's all you have to fall back on and say.  So, thank you for conceding and admitting that you are wrong.  It takes a lot to do that.