Will Carnival ever get rid of "All adults must buy Cheers" rule?

bobbyandali

1 hour ago, rukkian said:

You are bragging about stealing, it is between you (the theif) and carnival (the person you are stealing from) to worry about that, but trying to claim it is okay because it is for you kid sends the wrong message to your kid imo.  I taught my kids that theft is theft, it doesn't matter if the theft was $0.01 or $100, if you take something that is not yours, it is wrong.  

I'm utterly amazed at how many people on these boards today are taking this position.  What a refreshing change from a couple of years ago.  I wonder what happened here that prompted such an outbreak of morality.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ParrotRob said:

I'm utterly amazed at how many people on these boards today are taking this position.  What a refreshing change from a couple of years ago.  I wonder what happened here that prompted such an outbreak of morality.

I am not sure what you mean, are you saying people used to be immoral, and now they are not?  

Maybe they need to introduce a pack where you get say 10 drinks (not per day but in total) for a flat price, slightly more than the current daily price for the sharers or only one partner drinks people,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rukkian said:

I am not sure what you mean, are you saying people used to be immoral, and now they are not?  

I'm saying these boards used to be heavily populated with people who flaunted and condoned all sorts of smuggling and thievery and attacked people like you that stood up for honesty and morality.

• Like 2

I've never understood the people who claim that Carnival should allow only one person to buy the package if their cabin mate "doesn't drink," like Carnival is just supposed to take somebody's word that they don't drink. Can you imagine all of the people claiming that they "don't drink" just so they could share the Cheers package? That would be a horrible exception for Carnival to make, imo.

5 minutes ago, ParrotRob said:

I'm saying these boards used to be heavily populated with people who flaunted and condoned all sorts of smuggling and thievery and attacked people like you that stood up for honesty and morality.

They're still here.  Still bragging. Still seeking and offering advice on how to get away with it.  Still calling those of us with a truer moral compass "holier than thou", "Cheers police", fuddy-duddy, uptight, etc.,  and still accusing us of having "no sense of humour" (when they are called out on it and pathetically pretend as if they were joking about the theft🙄).  But I'm glad for you that you seem to be seeing less of it these days.:classic_smile:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

They're still here.  Still bragging. Still seeking and offering advice on how to get away with it.  Still calling those of us with a truer moral compass "holier than thou", "Cheers police", fuddy-duddy, uptight, etc.,  and still accusing us of having "no sense of humour" (when they are called out on it and pathetically pretend as if they were joking about the theft🙄).  But I'm glad for you that you seem to be seeing less of it these days.:classic_smile:

So far it seems like it, anyway.  I see you're from the shore, enjoy all the chickenneckers headed your way this weekend!

1 minute ago, ParrotRob said:

So far it seems like it, anyway.  I see you're from the shore, enjoy all the chickenneckers headed your way this weekend!

Thanks.  As usual on holiday weekends in God's country, we're hunkering down and staying away from all the touristy spots.  And trying to stay off the roads, away from all the New Yorkers and New Englanders whose vacations don't seem complete without a little attempted vehicular homicide.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ShakyBeef said:

Thanks.  As usual on holiday weekends in God's country, we're hunkering down and staying away from all the touristy spots.  And trying to stay off the roads, away from all the New Yorkers and New Englanders whose vacations don't seem complete without a little attempted vehicular homicide.

From my office in DC, the "Governor Hogan Bay Bridge 500" started at about noon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ParrotRob said:

Ah, yes.  I was not sure exactly what you were saying.  Some so seem to be horrible if you point out facts.

On 8/27/2019 at 2:42 PM, ShakyBeef said:

I think it's pretty clear Carnival knows their clientele.  Just look at CC for the proof.  Based on the inordinate number of posts on the Carnival boards (as compared to the boards of other cruise lines) bragging about cheating, smuggling, stealing, and many other forms of rule-breaking; as well as all those posts from the less experienced, but equally entitled and dishonest cheaters asking for advice and tips on how to do the same, Carnival would be foolish to trust these people.  The rule is not going to be dropped.  Nor should it be.

Spot on as always.

• Thanks 1

To those that want to "customize" Cheers!, Carnival didn't create this for the passengers benefit. This is a huge money grab for them because on average they know most won't get the benefit of it.

Some people that are "light" drinkers get it for the convenience because they don't have a bill at the end of the cruise and it includes coffee's, juice, soda and such. These are the ones that Carnival loves.

If they were losing money on this, they would have stopped it years ago.

• Like 1

We've never had the cheers package, but our neighbors have.  They drink enough to make the package worth it for them.  For us, it just doesn't make financial sense.  I put everything into the evaluator spreadsheet just to be sure.  

When we sailed Princess, they do allow only one person to get the package.  That's what our friends did, as he drinks quite a bit & she is a pretty moderate drinker.  Worked well for them.

9 hours ago, Susan in Maine said:

For all of you wondering why Carnival isn't more trusting of its passengers, look no farther than the current 'Bringing on a bottle of "wine" thread.

Yup, reap what you sew.....

Edited by jimbo5544

On 8/31/2019 at 7:52 PM, coevan said:

did they share?

No, they did not try to share.  The staff kept insisting that the wife had the package as well.  She went to guest services to let them know & they said they would take it off the account.  It still showed up, even though they were not charged for the additional package.  Neither of us got the package, either.  We aren't heavy drinkers & we had a large onboard credit, so we just used that.  We have the package on our NCL cruise only because it was included.  I don't know that we will drink enough to even make paying the gratuities on the package worth it, since it's not as inclusive as Carnival's.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 6:07 PM, GUT2407 said:

Maybe they need to introduce a pack where you get say 10 drinks (not per day but in total) for a flat price, slightly more than the current daily price for the sharers or only one partner drinks people,

They used to have something like this. Last I remember was on a cruise in 2009, they sold a punch card for "Drink of the Day". I think it was $25 for 5 drinks (usually something frozen and fruity/tropical). It satisfied my wife's need for a fruity drink, and I was able to just sit there and drink my soda. We have had kids with us on the last couple of cruises, so I haven't looked, and maybe it still exists. 

On 8/31/2019 at 8:52 PM, coevan said:

did they share?

I for one know I bought the package for myself on Princess and not my husband and we did not share.  We often went to a bar that offered a special of buy one drink get one free for my husband when he wanted something.  Both of us can really take or leave the drinks, we can enjoy a trip without them and he can enjoy a trip with them.  We have both had packages and made good use of them.  Though honestly I think the price on Carnival is a bit high, in comparison to the cost of some drinks I might order.  

Still debating on whether to try and buy on our upcoming 6 night cruise or not.  I am really on the fence about it, because I can enjoy myself and only have 2-3 drinks a day, or I could have 6 or 7.