Self Guided Walking Tour of Old San Juan

Embem

On 12/24/2019 at 3:05 PM, AlohaLivin said:

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed it!  One thing it doesn't show is just how upwardly sloped the old town is and it's not an easy trek in places. But then one can skip what they need (I know we skipped a few things to head to the chocolate bar LOL).

For all those recently added - PLEASE read the last info about the tour here in the thread and also the update I made a couple of weeks ago. Happy sailing!

And Merry Christmas or whatever holiday that you celebrate this time of year. 🙂

Lynn, 

I've received the shared map and am exploring OSJ vicariously! Do you, or anyone else, know how I can:

add things to the map, such as our hotel, without changing your version? In word/office files this would be the equivalent of saving a new version I suppose. 

again, thanks for the generous sharing of all your hard work!

suEllen

1 hour ago, sjb.illinois said:

Lynn, 

I've received the shared map and am exploring OSJ vicariously! Do you, or anyone else, know how I can:

add things to the map, such as our hotel, without changing your version? In word/office files this would be the equivalent of saving a new version I suppose. 

again, thanks for the generous sharing of all your hard work!

suEllen

Hi :-) There is not a way to do that and that is because it is shared so that any change one person makes would effect everyone else. I had worked so very hard on this for weeks and weeks and sharing it was the only way that I could at least retain ownership while letting others also be able to use the tour. I hope that you enjoy your visit!

Wow.... over 120 now sharing this tour! Can’t believe that I went over that much to google maps to add someone 😂

But almost the minute that I discovered that fact I also found out that the one person (among all these lovely people) who was really aggravated because google required him to have a google-related email address to share the map and emailed me to say so is also the one person who tracked down my tiny YouTube channel (since it’s also under “AlohaLivin”) where I must film our cruise cabins to help people who want to see it before they book it plus a few scenic travel destinations  (without people and comment) and clicked on dislike for every single one. 😏. Unfortunately the nice people on the planet are always less motivated than the ones who aren’t so nice ☹️ I think the nice people go on their merry way, it’s the mean ones who sit and scheme. Sometimes the good guy should win though 🎉🤞🏼

Edited by AlohaLivin

On 12/22/2019 at 1:51 PM, AlohaLivin said:

Request to 12/22/19 have been added - you didn’t receive your email it doesn’t mean it’s not there so make sure to check your shared files folder in Google drive/maps 😊

please make sure to go back and read the basic info post about the tour and also the recent note regarding changes (posted during Dec 2019).

please add glengraf1@gmail  thanks in advance

So sorry to hear about what that one person did to your You Tube account.  Such a shame, especially after all the people you have helped.

I would appreciate a copy of your map also.  No rush, whenever  you get a chance.  Thanks! debenson0723@gmail.com.

15 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

So sorry to hear about what that one person did to your You Tube account.  Such a shame, especially after all the people you have helped.

It’s fine, I just turned off that option on the videos -  it was never my goal to be popular on YouTube, but only to give people a good look at various cabins. So I care nothing about how many likes there are, it is just sad how much passive aggressive behavior there is on the Net. Luckily many sites have a way to reduce how much we have to interact with them 🥳

On 12/30/2019 at 11:51 PM, AlohaLivin said:

Wow.... over 120 now sharing this tour! Can’t believe that I went over that much to google maps to add someone 😂

But almost the minute that I discovered that fact I also found out that the one person (among all these lovely people) who was really aggravated because google required him to have a google-related email address to share the map and emailed me to say so is also the one person who tracked down my tiny YouTube channel (since it’s also under “AlohaLivin”) where I must film our cruise cabins to help people who want to see it before they book it plus a few scenic travel destinations  (without people and comment) and clicked on dislike for every single one. 😏. Unfortunately the nice people on the planet are always less motivated than the ones who aren’t so nice ☹️ I think the nice people go on their merry way, it’s the mean ones who sit and scheme. Sometimes the good guy should win though 🎉🤞🏼

@AlohaLivin can you please send this tour to us as well.  We will be in SanJuan with the MSC Seaside in a few more weeks and this would certainly give us something to do.  But we don't get there until around 5:00pm EST.  Can we still do the items on your map in the evening hours?  Thanks again for all you've done here.  You've provided a service to us all👍👍

email: bernadetteaddison @ msn . com 

Thanks again !!

3 hours ago, kba1988 said:

@AlohaLivin can you please send this tour to us as well.  We will be in SanJuan with the MSC Seaside in a few more weeks and this would certainly give us something to do.  But we don't get there until around 5:00pm EST.  Can we still do the items on your map in the evening hours?  Thanks again for all you've done here.  You've provided a service to us all👍👍

email: bernadetteaddison @ msn . com 

Thanks again !!

Hello Bernadette - I tried to send it, but it rejected it as it said the email wasn't associated with a google account 😞 Do you have one that is?  Evening will make it a bit more difficult as it would anywhere, but you will have some daylight at that time (check the almanac or other source like the various websites with weather info to see when sunset would be). With the restaurants it won't matter if it gets dark, but you don't want to be just wandering any city at night (even if you could see in the dark 🙂

Maybe you could see some of it and see the rest on your next visit? That is a ridiculous port time for sure! 

Have fun!
Lynn

15 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

Hello Bernadette - I tried to send it, but it rejected it as it said the email wasn't associated with a google account 😞 Do you have one that is?  Evening will make it a bit more difficult as it would anywhere, but you will have some daylight at that time (check the almanac or other source like the various websites with weather info to see when sunset would be). With the restaurants it won't matter if it gets dark, but you don't want to be just wandering any city at night (even if you could see in the dark 🙂

Maybe you could see some of it and see the rest on your next visit? That is a ridiculous port time for sure! 

Have fun!
Lynn

try my business gmail account: admin@metalsalesco.com .  Thank you.

We will be in San Juan on the Zuiderdam on 1/21 and would love a copy of your 3 Amigos tour, notes and map.  I have been there before but this is my brother-in - law's first time.  He is a history buff and this looks amazing.  So much better than I could do.  Please send to dknottma@gmail.com    Many thanks

Pretty sure that I am caught up on the recent requests (through @SBerryMN ). 

For some reason the default in sharing is that the person can edit. I've been so tired a few times I initially click share with that and then go back and make it view only (otherwise when someone edits it changes the map for EVERYONE and that won't work well 🙂  So if I mistakenly have you as Edit, please email me back and let me know. Normally I catch it quickly, but just in case please let me know as one person editing means it's changed for all of us. 

Thanks and happy sailing!

4 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

Pretty sure that I am caught up on the recent requests (through @SBerryMN ). 

For some reason the default in sharing is that the person can edit. I've been so tired a few times I initially click share with that and then go back and make it view only (otherwise when someone edits it changes the map for EVERYONE and that won't work well 🙂  So if I mistakenly have you as Edit, please email me back and let me know. Normally I catch it quickly, but just in case please let me know as one person editing means it's changed for all of us. 

Thanks and happy sailing!

Hello There!  Thank you so much for sharing your map!  However, for some reason I did not receive it.  Would you be so kind and share it with me again when you have a free moment.  I am at beaman1011 at gmail.  Thanks so much!

Amy

2 hours ago, Mini-haha said:

Hello There!  Thank you so much for sharing your map!  However, for some reason I did not receive it.  Would you be so kind and share it with me again when you have a free moment.  I am at beaman1011 at gmail.  Thanks so much!

Amy

Amy - you were in there. Even if the email goes into your spam box or is accidentally deleted the map will still remain in your "shared" folder under your google drive/maps 🙂 It's been there, but I put you in a second time so it would try to deliver your email a second time. have fun