Self Guided Walking Tour of Old San Juan

Embem

5 hours ago, loyak2016 said:

We are planning a trip to San Juan in December and would love to have a copy of your walking tour if still available. I would sincerely appreciate if you could email it to me at lori.yaktine@gmail.com 

Thank you!! 

I got you put in - please make sure to read the last informational post on the tour to make sure you’re ready when you arrive!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2019 at 8:32 AM, AlohaLivin said:

@FionaMG  shared this thread with our roll call. A year ago when we booked another San Juan port cruise I decided to do as you are doing and look around for a walking tour. But I didn’t find options that I thought were ideal for us (for example I didn’t need to see both forts set a long distance from one another) and we wanted to mix in some shopping areas and some amazing food finds that I had run across in my research. It seemed to take forever to compile it and lay it out, but I finally pulled together a tour with all we wanted via google maps (I called it the “three amigos take San Juan” 😂). I don’t know that it would fit your needs, but I am happy to share it. Have a great time!

I would love to take a look at this! woozles@live.com

Edited by woozles

1 hour ago, woozles said:

I would love to take a look at this! woozles@live.com

Hi, glad to share. Just making sure this email address is associated with a google account 😊 Otherwise it will deny the share.

On 5/15/2020 at 3:42 PM, AlohaLivin said:

Hi, glad to share. Just making sure this email address is associated with a google account 😊 Otherwise it will deny the share.

Yes, it is, i just have to figure out how to access a shared map. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, OUTLAW777 said:

@AlohaLivinCan you please send me the walking tour of Old San Juan?  My email is coutlaw777@gmail.com.  I will be cruising there in 2021...trying to plan early.  Thanks so much!!

Hi - it isn't something that I email, but something that I can share with you via google drive. I can add your name to that list, google should notify you.

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, llvlp said:

Would you please add me as well  llottlund@gmail.com

This is so nice of you to share, I did a very basic map for Paris a few years ago and know how long it can take.

I got you in, enjoy your trip (hope to travel before long!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Would you mind adding me also to the list.  We are not cruising until November, 2022 which is a long way off. Have just paid our deposit today and have already started my research.  We are from Australia and I do have a question which I am sure everyone else takes for granted. Do you use U.S. dollars in Puerto Rico?   I am sure you do as it is a country that belongs to the U.S.  

My email is:  jennielynton@gmail.com     Thanks in advance.  We will be in port from 10am to 8pm so we would like to see as much as we can and of course have lunch at good restaurant. 

Jennie

13 minutes ago, Aussie Gal said:

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I am looking forward to sharing your map and following it when we finally get to San Juan.  

Jennie

It's not my map. i just jumped in to answer your question about the currency in Puerto Rico.

If you happen to also be visiting the USVI... St. Thomas, St. Croix and St John...the US dollar is the official currency as the USVI is also part of the US>

FYI, I don't know where else in the Caribbean you'll be going, but acceptance of US dollars is almost universal there even where it's not the official currency because visitors to the Caribbean are overwhelmingly Americans.

27 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

It's not my map. i just jumped in to answer your question about the currency in Puerto Rico.

If you happen to also be visiting the USVI... St. Thomas, St. Croix and St John...the US dollar is the official currency as the USVI is also part of the US>

FYI, I don't know where else in the Caribbean you'll be going, but acceptance of US dollars is almost universal there even where it's not the official currency because visitors to the Caribbean are overwhelmingly Americans.

We are coming from Europe on a Transatlantic and other than visiting Antigua the day before that is the only other island we will be seeing in the Caribbean.  Over the years, we have visited a few other islands before though and I think we used U.S. dollars then as they were widely accepted. 

Jennie

@briternik and @Aussie Gal

It is amazing that I happen to come in to cruise critic today, but I’m glad I did because I saw your requests and got you added a few moments ago. We’ve had a lot of cruises canceled, this last one would’ve been April, so we are so hoping we cruise in November (the next one out). I hope all your cruises are also on go and that you enjoy San Juan! 

4 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

@briternik and @Aussie Gal

It is amazing that I happen to come in to cruise critic today, but I’m glad I did because I saw your requests and got you added a few moments ago. We’ve had a lot of cruises canceled, this last one would’ve been April, so we are so hoping we cruise in November (the next one out). I hope all your cruises are also on go and that you enjoy San Juan! 

Thank you for being so generous with all of your hard work.  Even though it is nearly 2 years away, we cannot wait to be on a ship at sea.

Jennie

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 6:49 PM, Aussie Gal said:

Thank you for being so generous with all of your hard work.  Even though it is nearly 2 years away, we cannot wait to be on a ship at sea.

Jennie

I created it for our family when we went. I did not want all that work to be lost in that two day period, so sharing it makes it more worthwhile. Make sure to go to the pigeon park, I loved that!

53 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

I created it for our family when we went. I did not want all that work to be lost in that two day period, so sharing it makes it more worthwhile. Make sure to go to the pigeon park, I loved that!

We definitely will do that.   Thanks once again.   

Jennie