Self Guided Walking Tour of Old San Juan

Embem

1 hour ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

AlohaLivin ~ thanks so much for sending the link so quickly. I'm having a little trouble with it as I can't see script to go with the map. Is there a description of the stops? Thanks for any help in this regard.

~ Jo ~ 😊

When you say the Script, I am not quite sure what you mean? Oh, do you mean inside the file or here on the thread (as they is info about it that would be important to read). There is a list of stops in the legend of the map, not one that is separate however. The stops are found in the layers. Do you have a friend perhaps familiar with google maps that could assist you? I wish that you lived nearby and I would some and show you (but Atlanta is quite the drive from Toronto). If all else fails I will email you and then call you and try to walk you through the basics okay? 🙂

Lynn

14 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Hi again!

Lynn, thanks for your offer of help.

I see letters on the map & some names of places but don't see the descriptionsdescriptions.

I'll get my DH to atit tomorrow

If you clicking on the letter it should tell you the place name and also give you some photos and a full description of each (I know they are there since I had to put all that in LOL). There is a layers menu that you can see (although no change) that will show you the name of each place (and category), but the details are at the marker for each site/location 🙂

21 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all

Lynn ~ eureka! I finally got it to work! Thanks so much, very nice job you did!!

That sure must have been a LOT of work!

Tuesday I leave for San Juan so hope to use it & find my way around.

~ Jo ~ 😊

happy.gif

Edited by AlohaLivin

7 hours ago, gszenacm said:

@AlohaLivin  (or anyone else who has it) are you still sending out your document? If so, please send to storybookcreator@gmail.com - We sail Sunday and don't have set plans for San Juan yet.  Thanks in advance

It's sharable only by me, so there wouldn't be someone else who could send it. I will try to get you added soon.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:29 PM, gobama#1 said:

Would you please send the link to me as well, pgloryb1@gmail.com.      

Thank you 

Now, I want you to know that I will share, but when you get it you are required to yell WAR EAGLE 😉 Remember an Aubie girl made it for you LOL  Enjoy your trip!

LOL!!!  Now I'm not so sure I want them, it might be the wrong directions and I end up due north about two miles🏊. Just joking. Thank you I got them. I'm not a die hard fan, I pull for both teams. Love Cam Newton. I may be disowned if any other fans read this.

15 hours ago, mishamisha said:

@AlohaLivin I would love your walking tour of Old San Juan!  We have some time after our ship docks at 6:00 a.m. until our flight leaves, and we want to make the most of it.  If you could please email it to mandmshop iCloud.com I would be very grateful!  Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

I tried, however Google rejected it because your email is not associated with any google account and that is the one way to use MAPS or DRIVE in google.

4 hours ago, basketrn said:

@AlohaLivin I would also love a copy of your map.   We are trying to plan a on your own trip through old San Juan too.  Thanks so much!!!!!    dawn_utz@att.net

On 2/15/2020 at 5:29 PM, Najuliseer said:

I would also like to see what you put together. We are staying in Old San Juan for 2 days before we sail at the end of March. Please send it to jdhunt21228@yahoo.com
Thanks 

The original poster for the guide did mention before that only a gmail address work. "I tried, however Google rejected it because your email is not associated with any google account and that is the one way to use MAPS or DRIVE in google."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poohdreaming said:

The original poster for the guide did mention before that only a gmail address work. "I tried, however Google rejected it because your email is not associated with any google account and that is the one way to use MAPS or DRIVE in google."

Sorry I missed the gmail part. 
please send to Just4mattd@gmail.com

thanks!!

9 hours ago, Najuliseer said:

Sorry I missed the gmail part. 
please send to Just4mattd@gmail.com

thanks!!

Hi Matt (?) - no worries, it will work as long as it is a google ASSOCIATED email address (you can get a google account set up with any email address). The point is with that is that the tour is based on a google maps base and therefore you have to be able to access google 🙂

@poohdreaming  Thanks so much for your help 🙂 I know it's impossible for people to notice those things sometimes before requesting the tour but it does get tiresome going back and back second times as the first is rejected. It is either a gmail or any google associated email address (you can set up an account keeping your own email address at google, but I'm sure many people don't realize that as the default is to get your new gmail address LOL