British Isle Tour Recommendation Cruise Line

Thom71

Looking for some cruise line recommendations for a British Isle cruise.......10-12 day tour.
We're looking into Viking as we did a ocean cruise this year but wonder if there are some good alternatives.
This will be for Summer of 2020.
Thanks in advance for any input.

I think the itinerary (ports and hours in port) and price matter more than the cruise line here! We went with Princess because it offered a decent price and an overnight in Dublin and a late night in Scotland (to visit the Edinburgh Tattoo). It also offered long hours in Normandy (Le Havre).

A caution: sometimes the tender ports (Guernsey, Skye, etc.) are skipped due to high seas. We were lucky enough not to skip any ports, but don't select an itinerary just for these.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 3:12 PM, Thom71 said:

Looking for some cruise line recommendations for a British Isle cruise.......10-12 day tour.
We're looking into Viking as we did a ocean cruise this year but wonder if there are some good alternatives.
This will be for Summer of 2020.
Thanks in advance for any input.

We did this cruise with Princess about 5 years ago and really enjoyed it, was from/to Southampton.  That said, we’ve booked British Isles Explorer with Viking for July 2020, Bergen to London (Greenwich).  

• Like 1

With my daughter I did that tour on m.s. Rotterdam of Holland America last month. Amsterdam-Portland-Guernsey-Torquay-Ilfracombe (skipped due to very bad weather, extra night in Liverpool)) - Liverpool - Dublin-Sky-Kirkwall-Invergordon-Edinburgh (leaving after 00:00 because of Tattoo)-Amsterdam.  With DH this September/October I repeat some of the English and Irish ports on m.s. Rotterdam and am looking forward to it.   I proposed DH to join me next year on ms Rotterdam for again (but slightly different) a cruise around UK, Ireland, Scotland or the trip to Iceland etc because some ports in the Schottish Highlands are included. (But maybe it will be Japan 😉).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, suspaul said:

We did this cruise with Princess about 5 years ago and really enjoyed it, was from/to Southampton.  That said, we’ve booked British Isles Explorer with Viking for July 2020, Bergen to London (Greenwich).  

We’re looking at the same cruise... we did a Viking Ocean this past April 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I did a 12-night British Isles cruise from Southampton on the Crown Princess in 2010. I am booked on Jewel of the Seas out of Amsterdam in May 2021. (Jewel OTS has a slightly different itinerary in July 2021.) The next to last port is Dover, so I might inquire about ending my cruise in Dover, rather than returning to Amsterdam.