Indication of Perks

Chris931

I booked my upcoming cruise on the Summit back in December.  I booked with the perks of on board credit, the beverage package and Wifi.    I have had the on board credit available in my account for booking of excursions, etc.

Except for on my actual invoice, I haven't seen the beverage package or wifi indicated anywhere else.   I don't see it anywhere on my cruise documents which I just printed out.

How will I know how to access the wifi and the beverage package on board?

Thanks.

Christine

1 hour ago, Chris931 said:

I booked my upcoming cruise on the Summit back in December.  I booked with the perks of on board credit, the beverage package and Wifi.    I have had the on board credit available in my account for booking of excursions, etc.

Except for on my actual invoice, I haven't seen the beverage package or wifi indicated anywhere else.   I don't see it anywhere on my cruise documents which I just printed out.

How will I know how to access the wifi and the beverage package on board?

Thanks.

Christine

As hiccups posted, the info on wifi and the drink package should show once you're on board; however, I would bring a printed copy of the invoice just in case there are any problems.

Your sea pass will have the letter CAL on it if you have the Classic Package and PAL for the Premium Package.  

You will either have a skip slip of paper in your checkin folder or in your Cabin with the wi-fi instructions. 

2 hours ago, mchell810 said:

As hiccups posted, the info on wifi and the drink package should show once you're on board; however, I would bring a printed copy of the invoice just in case there are any problems.

I second mchell's suggestion. Have a copy of the invoice where you have the beverage package and wifi listed. Sometimes things are not setup properly and you might need proof. I experienced issues with some of the perks in my upcoming cruise and had to call Celebrity to address them.

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

Your sea pass will have the letter CAL on it if you have the Classic Package and PAL for the Premium Package.  

You will either have a skip slip of paper in your checkin folder or in your Cabin with the wi-fi instructions. 

Close. It's CALL or PALL.

• Like 1

At least for the Summit (and I imagine all ships supported by the Celebrity app), PALL or CALL will be on your Xpress Pass, so you’ll know well before boarding whether the correct info is in the system.   But as others have said, it’s always a good idea to bring written documentation of your perks and everything you’ve paid for or reserved. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tjunmin said:

I second mchell's suggestion. Have a copy of the invoice where you have the beverage package and wifi listed. Sometimes things are not setup properly and you might need proof. I experienced issues with some of the perks in my upcoming cruise and had to call Celebrity to address them.

I triple this suggestion.  Take all your documentation.   On more than one occasion our OBCs have not been correct and I had to show them our documentation and they corrected it right away.   You do not want to have to correct errors once you get home after the cruise....

We are cruising in March on the Equinox in a suite which provides 4 perks, BUT, it never shows up on our reservation when we go on Celebrity’s website, had to call customer service to verify the four perks.

2 hours ago, Pickels said:

We are cruising in March on the Equinox in a suite which provides 4 perks, BUT, it never shows up on our reservation when we go on Celebrity’s website, had to call customer service to verify the four perks.

I did the same thing on Friday. That said, I plan on calling my TA tomorrow to ask for a more detailed invoice.

15 minutes ago, Pickels said:

...and when you get the detailed invoice, make sure you take it with you on your cruise (just in case there’s any question)

Yep, thanks Pickels. Based on information I'm gleaning from this thread, that's exactly why I'm asking for one tomorrow.

I find it so frustrating that my account on the X website does not show all of my perks.  The provision of this kind of basic account info is, IMHO, a key expectation of my cruise purchase.  When I have paid for something I expect a full statement so there’s no room for confusion or mistakes and also so that if things are not as expected I have a chance to clear it up before hand so I don’t have to take time from my vacation to deal with it onboard.

• Like 1

Thank you for all of the replies.

This has been interesting because I am a TA.  I have not had a client sail on Celebrity yet so I booked a personal trip so that I could have the experience and hopefully expand my sales to include Celebrity.   As a TA, I like to provide my clients with clear communication and documents that state exactly what they have paid for and will receive on board.   So it has been confusing to me to not have the indication of the perks.   I do have a printed invoice, however the perks are listed as the promotion code.  It does not clearly state exactly what I will receive.  

What are the codes?  We are pretty familiar with them and can tell you what they mean.

Your clients will have the printed booking confirmation form -- that's the important thing.  what they can and can't see on the website is a PITA, but the booking confirmation form is the important document.

If you book directly with Celebrity, you can see it by signing in, going to "Plan My Cruise."  Once there, look at the very top and go into "Order History."  It lists that I have Internet Access and the Premium Drink Package.  I still print this out but that's the only place I can see it.  I couldn't see it when I last booked with a TA.

1 hour ago, tce40 said:

If you book directly with Celebrity, you can see it by signing in, going to "Plan My Cruise."  Once there, look at the very top and go into "Order History."  It lists that I have Internet Access and the Premium Drink Package.  I still print this out but that's the only place I can see it.  I couldn't see it when I last booked with a TA.

This is not always the case.  Our last cruise had all four perks and none were indicated in our order history, and our upcoming cruise didn't show them, either.  However, I had called X about something else and they added our beverage package for our upcoming cruise, but not the internet.  Our perk OBC was there from day 1.  Our TA is paying the gratuities and providing additional OBC, so of course that won't show up until we're onboard.