Regatta Refurbishment - Done or Not?

IWantToLiveOverTheSea

44 minutes ago, Jay23 said:

If there is to be no amalgamation of Polo and Toscana on Regatta, I assume there will be no Reg Ginger either.   How about Sirena?   Are they going to scrap Red Ginger  on Sirena and have Polo and Toscana as separate entities on Sirena in the future??  There surely can't be room for all three restaurants.    We are sailing on Sirena next year and I am not a fan of Red Ginger but my DH is.          J  

You would think if they were going to change RG out on Sirena they would have done it when they did the refit  in May

I suspect they will leave Sirena  like it is for the time being

JMO

Regatta in drydock at Seaspan in North Vancouver.  Ship on the right is Grand Classica diverted from Bahamas to house temporary workers.  This appears to be quite a complex operation to refit Regatta in record time. There were hundreds of containers stacked on the dock nearby.

3F45BC13-CF63-4FD9-81FC-7F4F60A2165B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Read about the North Van location for the retrofit on roll call for upcoming Jan-Feb AU-NZ cruise - thanks Tansy Mews. Great to see this work occurring in my home province, beautiful BC!

Here is link to CBC article: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/north-vancouver-cruise-ship-retrofit-1.5277081.

Re Tuscan Steak, we were on Sirena in 2017 and join the many that are not fans; found their was no ambiance - food was good but just not Polo or Toscana but, happily we love RG so were very pleased.

Why are people so anxious that the work be completed when it only started maybe a week ago?  From the article I saw the work was to start on Sept. 5th and take 16 or so days.  We aren't there yet.

I can understand the question coming from newbies, since they may be coming from lines that don't do refurbishments or "upgrades" until they are desperately needed.  But in our experience, Oceania has never let its ships get so run down.

12 minutes ago, RJ2002 said:

Here's a tweet from a couple of days ago from the shipyard where the Regatta work is being done.  Looking good!

So work is scheduled to continue until Sept 21st. Seaspan Shipyards say they will share other photos. I am following!

From Twitter -  

Seaspan Shipyards  @MoreThanShips
·3hours ago
The MS Regatta will be setting sail tomorrow morning following a successful refit involving 375 containers and three special cranes, in addition to a tremendous amount of hard work and team work from our trades workers and our cruise ship partner.

Just one photo - ship docked.

Frances

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cabins look GREAT!!!! Nightlight in bathroom great. Shower doors are great. No artwork hanging over seating area in cabin yet. Walls don't seem to be magnetic anymore..., but there are 3 hooks on wall across from bed in our cabin. Plastic drinking cups in bathroom now(smart) Better storage of paperwork on desk. Plug and USB at each side of bed, 2 plugs and 2 USB at desk. Public areas beautiful!

Elevator doors and panels inside seem to have some sort of protective covering on them, which can be peeled back. Don't know when it will come off... Also unsure, but think some hallway walls also have same protective covering.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tropicalkerry2002 said:

Cabins look GREAT!!!! Nightlight in bathroom great. Shower doors are great. No artwork hanging over seating area in cabin yet. Walls don't seem to be magnetic anymore..., but there are 3 hooks on wall across from bed in our cabin. Plastic drinking cups in bathroom now(smart) Better storage of paperwork on desk. Plug and USB at each side of bed, 2 plugs and 2 USB at desk. Public areas beautiful!

Elevator doors and panels inside seem to have some sort of protective covering on them, which can be peeled back. Don't know when it will come off... Also unsure, but think some hallway walls also have same protective covering.

WOW!!  Great above details and specifics.  Much appreciated.  We will be on the Regatta, 18-days, Feb. 17-March 5, 2020, sailing from Auckland/NZ to Papeete/Tahiti.  From late last year doing the Nautica from Athens to Dubai, hearing about a much improved shower door and more electrical outlets will be much appreciated.  Sounds like it is more than just new carpet and wall coverings. Keep it coming with added details, hopefully some visuals, etc., during the next few months before our sailing.    

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

From late 2018, you can see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East. Now at 16,062 views.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

I just got an email from CC about Regatta with CC member reviews, photos, etc. All based on the ship prior to the refurbishment. Some things stay the same, of course, but any of you who have cruised or are cruising on Regatta 2.0, please review. I for one would love to read it.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/collect/

Cheers,

Frances who will be on Regatta from Feb 3, 2020

Edited by Tansy Mews
Added my next cruise on Regatta