Maybe another senior moment ??

Pstcrik

I dont know if I am having a senior moment or not.  I have been using future cruise credits for years now and all of a sudden took notice of an up coming booking

The booking confirmation shows fare plus taxes and fees and amount due. 

I am sure that when a future cruise credit was used that Princess deducted $100 from the amount due.  However on the invoice I am looking at does not show the deduction and in fine print it is noted "Future Cruise Credits cannot be used towards payment of deposit (excluding Future Cruise Deposits).  Is this new ? and I find (excluding Future Cruise Deposits) strange wording. 

I should have kept previous invoices for past cruises to see if $100 was deducted from invoice but know questioning .

2 minutes ago, Pstcrik said:

I dont know if I am having a senior moment or not.  I have been using future cruise credits for years now and all of a sudden took notice of an up coming booking

The booking confirmation shows fare plus taxes and fees and amount due. 

I am sure that when a future cruise credit was used that Princess deducted $100 from the amount due.  However on the invoice I am looking at does not show the deduction and in fine print it is noted "Future Cruise Credits cannot be used towards payment of deposit (excluding Future Cruise Deposits).  Is this new ? and I find (excluding Future Cruise Deposits) strange wording. 

I should have kept previous invoices for past cruises to see if $100 was deducted from invoice but know questioning .

Not new. It means that the OBC benefit for using a Future Cruise Deposit can not be used toward payment of any deposit. Your invoice should read:

Fare, port fees, optional insurance, optional packages = $$$$$

Less deposit of $100 for each FCD used

Amount due = $$$$$ minus $100 for each FCD used.

You can determine if your FCD's have been applied to the booking by checking your Captain's Circle accounts.

You can use the $100 towards the deposit but you can not use the additional credit you receive on board for using the credit. The whole idea of the FCC is to pay the entire deposit. Note that using the FCC is not automatic. After making the reservation you must phone Princess to use it.

My brother-in-law paid the entire price when making the reservation and then I told him he forgot about the FCC. He phoned and got it applied and it appeared as a credit balance. He had to phone again to actually get it refunded.

A Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) is one type of Future Cruise Credit (FCC) - it is the only type that can be used for a deposit.

You can get a FCC (not a FCD) for several other reasons, such as a refund for a move-over or move-down offer from Princess or a refund from Princess Vacation Protection for a cancellation for a non-covered reason (cancel for any reason). These FCCs can be applied towards the cruise balance. However, unlike a FCD, they cannot be used towards the deposit.

It is possible that the invoice was generated before the deposit was applied. If so, it will state the date that a deposit must be received to avoid cancellation of the cruise.

If you booked direct with Princess, you can see your payments and current balance under "Payments & Credits" on the Cruise Personalizer. If you booked through a travel agent, this information is not available there - you would need to contact your travel agent for an updated invoice.

Even if you did use a travel agent, your onboard credits are shown under "Credits" under "Payments & Credits" on the Cruise Personalizer. There will be a line under "Onboard Credits for this Booking" for "Future Cruise Deposit*". This line will show the amount of credit each of the passengers in the cabin received for a FCD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

why the "@"_________

what am I missing ?

I have recently picked up on this.  If you type an "@" character in a response, pause a half-second and then begin to type the handle of another CC member, you will begin to see a member list comprising those beginning with same letter(s).  As you type more, the list narrows and you can select the member you want to mention.  Doing so then highlights it as you saw.  When a member is mentioned in this way in a posting, they get a notice of being mentioned - similar to the notice you get when someone has replied to one of your postings.  It seems to me to be an alternate way to tag a member without using QUOTE feature and repeating one or more postings in a reply.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I have recently picked up on this.  If you type an "@" character in a response, pause a half-second and then begin to type the handle of another CC member, you will begin to see a member list comprising those beginning with same letter(s).  As you type more, the list narrows and you can select the member you want to mention.  Doing so then highlights it as you saw.  When a member is mentioned in this way in a posting, they get a notice of being mentioned - similar to the notice you get when someone has replied to one of your postings.  It seems to me to be an alternate way to tag a member without using QUOTE feature and repeating one or more postings in a reply.

Neat trick...

and yes NavyVeteran was spot on.

FCC and FCD are often used interchangeably , sometimes it's hard to tell which one the poster is talking about.

9 minutes ago, chamima said:

@steelers36 - I was wondering about the blue boxes.

Thanks for clarifying.

And I neglected to mention that if you hover over a blue box, you get a pop-up overview of the member and can click on it if you wanted to view their profile or other recent postings.

Edited by steelers36