Symphony vs Harmony! Need opinions please!

jimandami

Hi all,

Husband and I are going on a 20th anniversary sans kids in April 2020.  Both cruises are the same week, and have Work conferences for me so we get cheap rates and my cruise is technically “free.”  The Symphony will visit Coco Cay, St. Kitts, and St. Thomas.  Harmony will visit Coco Cay, San Juan, and St. Maarten.  We have done several western cruises but no Eastern.  We were in the Harmony last April with the kids and enjoyed it.  I guess I’m just wondering which ship others would choose.  We have never cruised out of PC, only Everglades or Miami.  Thank you for your help!

Symphony. You get El Loco Fresh and something actually approaching a pool in the Solarium. Plus you'd have all new shows (Hiro and 1977 are fantastic) and St. Thomas's beaches beat St. Maarten's in my mind. Never been to St. Kitts so I can't comment there.

Edited by garnetpalmetto

47 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Symphony, as I always have wanted to sail out of Miami.

Harmony out of Pt Canaveral always has a chance to see a rocket launch😉🚀

Screenshot_20190925-190740_Google.jpg

Kind of slim chance, though.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

I would say Symphony.  We thought the entertainment on Symphony was better  than on Harmony. The ice show was unbelievable. Plus, we liked the addition of Hooked and el Loco Fresh.

If you are flying, it is much easier to get to the ship from Miami than from Port Canaveral   However, if you are driving, Port Canaveral is terrific  and not as crowded as Miami. 

Can’t  go wrong with either. 

M   

Edited by cruisegirl1

Symphony - you’ve already done Harmony so why not enjoy new shows? Also symphony has a pool in the solarium, playmakers (I love their wings) and new food (hooked, el loco fresh). 

I really enjoyed St Kitts (ziplining), so that itinerary jumped out to me. 

Both would be a a great vacation but I’d go with something new. 

We picked the Harmony when we were considering the two for the same reason you did:  Cheaper flights to Orlando than Miami/Fort Lauderdale from where we live.  We also see better deals on lodging in Orlando.  We get to visit my nephew who lives in Orlando doing this.  We can stay and extra night and do a day at the Magic Kingdom too and stay in budget -- it was that much less expensive with air and lodging to be able to fit that in budget.  I love Maho Beach with the planes (my all time favorite beach).  We have never done either of the ships, so all shows would be new to us.

I don't think either is a bad choice.

1 hour ago, kathy884 said:

Is there any issue taking an uber from Port Canaveral to MCO for the return?  That's what we were planning to do.

Nope, though you might find a shuttle is less expensive if there are just one or two people.

• Like 1

I've been on both (in August 2018 & 2019). Although your experience may vary, for me, I prefer Symphony. Here's why:

• On Harmony, I found that the lines to enter the Windjammer buffet were huge at times. As a result, I had to eat elsewhere. On Symphony, even right before an early port day, I was able to walk right in.
  • As the current flagship, the menu options on Symphony in the main dining room are just a bit better.
  • The Solarium has a non-heated hot tub, instead of a sprinkler. (Let's be realistic -- it's not a pool.) It's also much nicer.
  • Hairspray was amazing. Gease (on Harmony) is OK.
  • El Loco Fresh by the pool deck was actually surprisingly good. It was a nice change from just hamburgers/hot dogs, etc. which was found on Harmony.
  • Like 2