Regal Upsell offer 11/17 7day cruise

magicsoccer

I received an email yesterday with an upsell offer from Inside to Balcony for $79 or Premium Balcony for $99/person.  I accepted the offer only if I could get an aft balcony.  I was content with the inside room that I had chosen.   I gave a list of a few rooms that were open.  I quickly received an email back saying that I had been given B738 from my list.  I am excited to be able to watch out the back of the ship.  We have never been in this area before.  In your opinion-was this a good choice or not?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, magicsoccer said:

We stop in  Ochos Rios, Cozumel and Grand Cayman but do not plan to get off except at Private Island. 

We have same cruise on December 1.  We just got an offer of full suite from Club Class mini for $499pp.  Unless I hit the lottery or an unknown rich uncle dies, we will be passing on that one.

Well done and congratulations. Much larger balcony than normal on Regal and we love aft balconies. Some find them not so good and complain of motion or vibrations. We don't have a problem with them at all and love the wake view. Enjoy your cruise!

3 hours ago, magicsoccer said:

I received an email yesterday with an upsell offer from Inside to Balcony for $79 or Premium Balcony for $99/person.  I accepted the offer only if I could get an aft balcony.  I was content with the inside room that I had chosen.   I gave a list of a few rooms that were open.  I quickly received an email back saying that I had been given B738 from my list.  I am excited to be able to watch out the back of the ship.  We have never been in this area before.  In your opinion-was this a good choice or not?

Sounds like you went through your TA.

Next time, just make the call to Princess yourself. It speeds up the whole thing by cutting out the middleman.

We got an upsell once from inside to balcony. I called Princess...after I checked to see what was available. The rep offered a mid-ship balcony. I countered with a request for an aft balcony. At that time, the aft balcony was 3 or 4 thousand more than a mid-ship balcony and about $8K more than my lowly inside. I got the aft balcony!! It was great! You'll love it.

We lucked out and booked aft balconies on the Crown and Caribbean Princess. The Crown was preferable as it was a corner aft balcony cabin, with very minimal vibration. The CB was in the middle, with very noticeable vibration.  Quite a difference though the view was outstanding, especially as we traversed the Panama Canal. 

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Sounds like you went through your TA.

Next time, just make the call to Princess yourself. It speeds up the whole thing by cutting out the middleman.

We got an upsell once from inside to balcony. I called Princess...after I checked to see what was available. The rep offered a mid-ship balcony. I countered with a request for an aft balcony. At that time, the aft balcony was 3 or 4 thousand more than a mid-ship balcony and about $8K more than my lowly inside. I got the aft balcony!! It was great! You'll love it.

We did not use a TA. Our email had no phone number listed.  I tried calling anyway to be faster and was told that I needed to just email my response as soon as possible. Luckily I was able to get the upgrade anyway.

5 hours ago, tntornadox said:

Had the same offer come up for the 12/1 sailing. Went from an inside to an Aft Deluxe Balcony for $99 per person. Seemed like a good deal to me!

That is a good deal!  Inside to balcony or deluxe balcony is a good move and a good value.   $199 from balcony to minisuite?  Not such a good deal.  All it really adds, or me, is a bigger bathroom with a tub.

6 hours ago, tntornadox said:

Had the same offer come up for the 12/1 sailing. Went from an inside to an Aft Deluxe Balcony for $99 per person. Seemed like a good deal to me!

sounds promising that Princess is going out that far starting with upsells ... will be on the lookout for an upgrade/upsell on our 3 day SKY starting on 12/4

19 hours ago, magicsoccer said:

We have cruised in AFT cabins on several ships; always loved the choice---it's quiet, no noise from people running in the halls, love the view out the back; you can see more with an AFT cabin than one that's on the side of the ship, maybe a long walk to the restaurants; shops, etc. but, that may be an advantage---burn off some calories!!  Vibrations?  Slight, not a problem.

12 hours ago, magicsoccer said:

We did not use a TA. Our email had no phone number listed.  I tried calling anyway to be faster and was told that I needed to just email my response as soon as possible. Luckily I was able to get the upgrade anyway.

That's interesting. Our upsell offers have always had a phone number to call.

Email doesn't seem to be a great way to request a specific cabin. It helps to have a person to talk to.

Congrats; that’s a great deal! Aft is amazing!! Very interesting that this was all done via email instead of phone. I’d personally prefer doing it via email; I wonder if this is going to be the new way. Well really I’d prefer for it to be an instant function online to decline or accept and choose your new stateroom, but that’s probably years off! 😆