No more pre-booking shore excursions for Asia

Cairn Mom

I received an email from Princess stating that I could pre-book shore excursions for my Asia cruise. I tried to book them online for my Asia cruise in March,2020 but the system wouldn’t process them. I then called Princess and was told that shore excursions could no longer be pre-booked for Asia. Has anyone else had this issue? We often book private excursions, but many of the sights we want to visit are far from the ports so we prefer Princess excursions.

i think we’ll probably cancel the trip. 

I thought I just answered this question on another thread??

The people who answer the phone have no clue about what actually happens on board the ships!

Princess wants folks to pre book excursions so this is very strange and probably not true!

I would guess that the email was wrong since there have been reports of random emails going out and telling folks to book excursions for ports they were not even visiting!!

I'd guess that the excursions for your cruise are not quite ready yet so I wouldn't cancel the cruise yet but wait a few weeks to see if the excursions become available at that time.

11 hours ago, cruise209 said:

We are doing Singapore to Japan 14 day cruise, 06 - 20 Jan 2020, on the Diamond and have pre-booked all of our excursion with no issues...

My TA called today. The person she spoke with told her that excursions won’t be ready until 90 days prior to the cruise. Apparently, this is now true for all Asia cruises. Perhaps it has something to do with Hong Kong?  

5 hours ago, Cairn Mom said:

My TA called today. The person she spoke with told her that excursions won’t be ready until 90 days prior to the cruise. Apparently, this is now true for all Asia cruises. Perhaps it has something to do with Hong Kong?  

90 days should be the worst case. They will probably be available earlier.