I will be the 3rd adult in a suite....

mushroom

….Our beverage package only extends to passengers 1 and 2. How do I go about getting a beverage package for myself? Ideally I would like to get the premium package whereas the other two passengers are happy with the promo beverage package.  We are actually booked into an owners suite so I'm sure I will not die of thirst, but I would appreciate the opportunity to enjoy adult beverages out on deck as well.  I apologize if this has been covered in previous forums...but I could not find a direct answer.  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, mushroom said:

….Our beverage package only extends to passengers 1 and 2. How do I go about getting a beverage package for myself? Ideally I would like to get the premium package whereas the other two passengers are happy with the promo beverage package.  We are actually booked into an owners suite so I'm sure I will not die of thirst, but I would appreciate the opportunity to enjoy adult beverages out on deck as well.  I apologize if this has been covered in previous forums...but I could not find a direct answer.  Thanks.

You can certainly purchase one at the posted cost + plus the rider for the premium package...  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Duplicate post

Edited by cliffd64
duplicate post

38 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Just go to NCL.com, sign in, and purchase whichever package (premium or regular) you want.  

**Ignore the posts that tell you to become a thief simply because they graciously allow drink package consumers to get two drinks at a time.

Edited by DinaS

No sharing 

as to all in room having it rule only applies when purchasing it 

when given as a perk only guest 1&2 have to have it

as stated go to NCL.com create account and add to your booking or contact yourTA or PCC

cost

Premium (standard ) $99. Per person per day plus 20%

premium plus ( new upgraded ) $128 per person per day plus 20%

You are going to have three bottles of liquor as part of being in an owners suite. 

Calculate how much you are going to drink versus the cost of drinks individually to make sure it will be worth the cost. Also -- see if it makes sense to switch the order of the people in the cabin if #1 or #2 are not big drinkers.

Another thing to consider -- how you are splitting the cost of the cabin? Are you splitting it equally or are you just paying person #3 costs?

21 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

the other two can get two drinks every time they go to the bar.  Just pointing this out........ (bring on the morality police)

Worth posting that just to get them fired up.

And as someone said, try to structure your reservation so that #3 is the one least likely to have a lot of drinks.  Paying $120 per day ...  every day ... is ridiculous.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

the other two can get two drinks every time they go to the bar.  Just pointing this out........ (bring on the morality police)

I like how you add the insult at the end to deflect on your approval of stealing.  Don't forget to add it's okay to do that because the package is too expensive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

Worth posting that just to get them fired up.

And as someone said, try to structure your reservation so that #3 is the one least likely to have a lot of drinks.  Paying $120 per day ...  every day ... is ridiculous.

yeah, my work here is done 🙂  Next, I'll post a thread about removing the DSC.  LOL #FridayFun

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, mushroom said:

You really don't need it. The other two can get two drinks at a time. Also, while being served in the Haven area, they won't even ask for your card. They never did for us.

2 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

Morality police = those who oppose stealing

The cost already includes a component for how people use it.  So you're paying for a package that anticipates you doing that.  Who is stealing?  NCL or the customers?

How about people who tip to get "generous pours"?  Tell us about that.

4 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

You really don't need it. The other two can get two drinks at a time. Also, while being served in the Haven area, they won't even ask for your card. They never did for us.

They didn't say they were on a ship with a Haven, it might be one without.

Edited by dexddd

5 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

Morality is not an issue here.  IMO, NCL "turns a blind eye" to this behavior on purpose.  They designed the usage of the package to allow a customer to get 1+1 drinks on a single card.  On top of that they don't require the 3rd and 4th guest to be on a package of any type if they are adults, this reinforces the fact they don't care.  If they truly were concerned then they would force all passengers (of age) to take the package.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, noobcruiser said:

Morality is not an issue here.  IMO, NCL "turns a blind eye" to this behavior on purpose.  They designed the usage of the package to allow a customer to get 1+1 drinks on a single card.  On top of that they don't require the 3rd and 4th guest to be on a package of any type if they are adults, this reinforces the fact they don't care.  If they truly were concerned then they would force all passengers (of age) to take the package.

My partner and I, with the drink package, get drinks for each other, and they simply are doing people a favor by not requiring BOTH cards when getting a drink for yourself and your cabin-mate.

Allowing you to get two drinks at a time on one card is NOT "turning a blind eye" or "reinforcing the fact they don't care". 

If enough people do steal drinks, they will eventually require the 3rd and 4th people in a cabin to purchase drink packages.

It IS absolutely a morality issue.  If you wish to be a thief, then by all means go for it.  Most people are honest.

Karma is a *****.

Edited by DinaS
Typo

6 minutes ago, noobcruiser said:

On top of that they don't require the 3rd and 4th guest to be on a package of any type if they are adults, this reinforces the fact they don't care.  If they truly were concerned then they would force all passengers (of age) to take the package.

If a guest BUYS the package, NCL does require the other adults in the stateroom to have the same...

"Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

Individuals under the age of 21 will be required to purchase the Soda Program" - NCL

If guests 1 & 2 get the promo, the other guests are not forced to purchase the same. 

As for "a blind eye", many people have shared their package. Many bartenders don't care if you do. However, guests HAVE been caught and had their package revoked. There is also a chance that once revoked, not only will future drinks be charged but past (legit) purchases made with the package will also be charged. That's the risk of sharing. People will do what they want but they should know the risks. 

seriously folks, I was just having a little fun on a Friday.  I know that this (and the DSC) is a touchy subject here on CC, but let's not turn this thread into a 20 page discussion about this.  I think the OP got the answer he/she was looking for.  Enjoy your weekend and upcoming cruises 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I think the OP got the answer he/she was looking for. 

Maybe not.

If one guest in the stateroom buys or upgrades to the PPBP, the others who have the PBP must also upgrade.....

"Please note the following Terms & Conditions are specific to the purchase of the Premium Plus Beverage Package....

Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise." - NCL

Edited by Two Wheels Only

5 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Maybe not.

If one guest in the stateroom buys or upgrades to the PPBP, the others who have the PBP must also upgrade.....

"Please note the following Terms & Conditions are specific to the purchase of the Premium Plus Beverage Package....

Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise." - NCL

yeah, this is if they just bought the package.  If the first two get it as a perk, then this rule doesn't apply.  Besides, the OP actually wants to buy the package and was asking how to do it (since the first two passengers received it via the perk for the cabin).  I believe people posted that he could either call in and have it added for him, or order it online via myncl.

OP. You do realize that you can purchase drinks individually without a package? The prices that NCL charges to buy the packages are ridiculous. If you have bottles of alcohol included in the room, personally I would bring a yeti cup and make drinks to take with me; bring on a few bottles of wine (paying the $15) per bottle charge; and buy any other drinks wanted as I went. Would most likely be a lot cheaper than spending over $1,000 on a beverage package for a week. But, to each their own.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

Besides, the OP actually wants to buy the package and was asking how to do it (since the first two passengers received it via the perk for the cabin).

If the OP wants the higher/upgraded package, it does apply. If the OP wants the same package as the promo, guests 1&2 don't have to upgrade.

The OP wrote...

7 hours ago, mushroom said:

Ideally I would like to get the premium package whereas the other two passengers are happy with the promo beverage package.

...if the OP meant that guest 3 wants the higher/better package while guests 1&2 are happy with the standard/promo package, the OP should know that going for the PPBP would mean that 1&2 must also do the same.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

18 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If the OP wants the higher/upgraded package, it does apply. If the OP wants the same package as the promo, guests 1&2 don't have to upgrade.

The OP wrote...

...if the OP meant that guest 3 wants the higher/better package while guests 1&2 are happy with the standard/promo package, the OP should know that going for the PPBP would mean that 1&2 must also do the same.

ahh, good point

I'd just like to add that if you want to buy the beverage package for the third person in the room it looks like you'll have to call in to do it. I tried to add it for the third person on my booking and the website automatically adds it to all guest.

I really wish the website would allow you to do more things properly, would cut down on a good number of phone calls to NCL I would think.