Unknowingly booked a spa cabin. Now what?

Joebucks

I like those cabins as they are close to the fitness center and the very large showers (with plenty of towels ) This frees up the bathroom in the cabin for your wife. or other cabin mates if traveling with more than 1 extra.

The 'special' spa cabins are designated at Cloud 9 Spa Interior, Cloud 9 Spa Balcony, etc. Only ships that have the Cloud 9 Spa offer them, and in addition to upgraded cabin amenities, you also get a Spa Pass for the entire cruise, that allows you into the aromatherapy rooms, Thermal Suite, Sauna, Therapy pool, etc. 

Lol,  two different sets of responses. 

Try the sauna and steam room since your so close, and you are steps away from good seats to outside activities on the lido. If it's a balcony, depending on the side, there may be people leaning over the railing just above you. 

Unknowingly means it is booked on deck 11, which coincidentally contains the spa, and the poster just found that out.

No robe or slippers, sorry. You probably have your own those if you like these things. 

I like that location on the conquest class, usually very quiet.

Have a great cruise.

On 9/29/2019 at 4:21 PM, Joebucks said:

I'm not typically a spa guy, but I got a spa cabin on my upcoming cruise on the Valor. What should I take advantage of now that I have one? I've never done a sauna or steam room, but want to try one.

Hello we did a review of the spa cabin on the Vista if you would like to get an idea of kind of what to expect.

So much misinformation in this thread.

NOTE:  HE DOES NOT HAVE A SPA CABIN!

He has a cabin located on the Spa deck.  Conquest class ships like VALOR do NOT have spa cabins.

No Amenities, nothing special, just a normal cabin on the deck that has the name "SPA".

As many said, I was wrong. It was not a spa cabin. I took some info from cruise mapper that wasn't correct. Anyways, I still hit the steam room for the first time ever. That will now be a cruise regular for me!

https://www.cruisemapper.com/cabins/Carnival-Valor-604

Passengers booked in Carnival Valor Spa cabins (category 8F /balcony) enjoy the following complimentary amenities, services and perks (applicable for two guests per stateroom only): complimentary unlimited access to all Spa Carnival facilities, 2 fitness classes (Yoga or Pilates), 2 metabolism tests, bathrobes, slippers, deluxe in-room bath amenities by Elemis (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, vitamin-rich body lotion, 1 hand and 1 body soap disks), priority Spa reservations (appointments must be made by 6 pm on embarkation day), spa treatment discounts on port days (while the ship is docked in ports of call- 20% off /1st, 30% off /2nd, 40% off /3rd treatment).

On 10/7/2019 at 6:37 AM, Lottacruises said:

Lol,  two different sets of responses. 

Try the sauna and steam room since your so close, and you are steps away from good seats to outside activities on the lido. If it's a balcony, depending on the side, there may be people leaning over the railing just above you. 

Unknowingly means it is booked on deck 11, which coincidentally contains the spa, and the poster just found that out.

No robe or slippers, sorry. You probably have your own those if you like these things. 

I like that location on the conquest class, usually very quiet.

Have a great cruise.

Carnival does provide robes on request for all passengers/staterooms.  They are a basic waffle weave I think, not plush/terry cloth.

22 hours ago, Joebucks said:

As many said, I was wrong. It was not a spa cabin. I took some info from cruise mapper that wasn't correct. Anyways, I still hit the steam room for the first time ever. That will now be a cruise regular for me!

https://www.cruisemapper.com/cabins/Carnival-Valor-604

Passengers booked in Carnival Valor Spa cabins (category 8F /balcony) enjoy the following complimentary amenities, services and perks (applicable for two guests per stateroom only): complimentary unlimited access to all Spa Carnival facilities, 2 fitness classes (Yoga or Pilates), 2 metabolism tests, bathrobes, slippers, deluxe in-room bath amenities by Elemis (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, vitamin-rich body lotion, 1 hand and 1 body soap disks), priority Spa reservations (appointments must be made by 6 pm on embarkation day), spa treatment discounts on port days (while the ship is docked in ports of call- 20% off /1st, 30% off /2nd, 40% off /3rd treatment).

Glad you enjoyed the steam room.  Sorry for the confusion from the unofficial site (not Carnival).  I think everyone gets the port day discounts (or at least some type of discount).