Pushy Cruise Consultant

QuickieGlenn

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Call again. Talk to someone else. 

They keep their jobs by making sales. And sometimes cone across pushy if you’re indecisive. 

Why do you think they come across as pushy if they believe a customer is being indecisive?

Edited by Barcode78
typo

I have zero need to talk to a PCC even though they try and call me all the time. An experienced cruiser on NCL should be able to take care of their own business through experience and the NCL website booking options. They offer nothing more and are often times less informed than many people they are trying to assist or sell to.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I have zero need to talk to a PCC even though they try and call me all the time. An experienced cruiser on NCL should be able to take care of their own business through experience and the NCL website booking options. They offer nothing more and are often times less informed than many people they are trying to assist or sell to.

Tall 

not always true our PCC found us a deal for upgrading to Spa Balcony for less than what we would have paid to buy the passes outright.

She doesn't constantly call although I did get a call from her yesterday. She just wanted to know if we had a timeframe in mind. No push to book and I'm sure she noted what/when I said we "might" be interested.

Yes we have her direct number and she will put us on 3 way call with our adopted family that lives in Florida when cruising together. Meet them 10 years ago here on CC (roll call) and vacation with them at least once a year.

Love my PCC. Have been working with her more than 10 years. I do most of the planning myself because I want to. But anytime I have needed her or had a question I email her and she either emails back or calls within less than 30 minutes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greenpea2 said:

Love my PCC. Have been working with her more than 10 years. I do most of the planning myself because I want to. But anytime I have needed her or had a question I email her and she either emails back or calls within less than 30 minutes.

Wonder if we have the same??? (L)ove (V)action . That's as good as I can do without mentioning names😂😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Wonder if we have the same??? (L)ove (V)action . That's as good as I can do without mentioning names😂😂😂😂

No, mine is (G)great (W)azoo. LOL. Couldn't think of a "W" one other than that!

• Like 1

I had one the first time we were on NCL she was great, really went above and beyond. She was so good she got a promotion and was not longer available. The next guy was ok not great, but just ok never pushy. After that we have used a TA, however we are considering going back to direct.

Ours is (N)ice (R)response.  She also helped us twice last cruise when we signed up for shore excursions online and the fancy system also added the Beverage Package (which we declined since I have a reaction).  We then got a demand invoice for the gratuities on the package with the message that our cruise would be canceled if we didn't pay.  She fixed it the next day.

My first two PCCs on my first 2 cruises were nightmares! Never available, took up to TWO days to get back to me, etc.  My current PCC is a gem! (Ship pun intended.) I've been with her for about 9-10 years, and even with all my rez changes, questions, and requests , she has never tried to getaway (Yep, another ship pun.) from me. When I email her, I get a response almost immediately. When I call to say, "Ooops, I need to change my cruise to this other cruise," I get the confirmation email usually within 10 minutes. (Yes, I have her personal cell number.) She's never curt or impolite to me, and as much as I contact her for additions or changes, she never displays the least impatience!. She is EPIC!!

Our PCC's over the years have been hit-and-miss; we've dealt with at least 7 in the last 15 years we've cruised with NCL.  We always book GTY/SA Inside cabins so we don't get a lot of calls from them because we only cruise once or twice a year and book a low priced cabin.  The good ones we've had have answered emails within a few hours and/or have given us their personal cell numbers to contact.

The biggest advantage I can see in booking through a PCC is if the price drops significantly and you have to call NCL to request an adjustment you're dealing with a real person with whom you've worked with in the past.  For example, we had a PCC who got us bumped up to a Balcony cabin when the price for our Inside GTY cabin dropped like a rock a week after we booked it.   We had booked several cruises with him prior to that one so he knew we were good repeat NCL customers.

My 2 cents.

4 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

No, mine is (G)great (W)azoo. LOL. Couldn't think of a "W" one other than that!

I have one with the same initials (Are we not allowed to use real names?)  In any event, I had never used her previously but need help in trying to plan cabins near each other so reached out to her since she is the one named on the emails I receive. Have never gotten a solicitation by phone from her.  Well, she went above and beyond helping me track down latitude reward numbers for my sister in law (so she could get the 20% discount) who hadn't sailed with NCL since 1996 and had changed names since sailing then. She answered many question s back and forth through email all before we had even booked.  I have always been a self booker but because of all the help she provided we all booked through her and I will continue to do so.  She didn't offer any better price than I could find online but because I know she'll receive credit in some form or another I was happy to use her.  

50 minutes ago, albycruisin said:

I have one with the same initials (Are we not allowed to use real names?)  In any event, I had never used her previously but need help in trying to plan cabins near each other so reached out to her since she is the one named on the emails I receive. Have never gotten a solicitation by phone from her.  Well, she went above and beyond helping me track down latitude reward numbers for my sister in law (so she could get the 20% discount) who hadn't sailed with NCL since 1996 and had changed names since sailing then. She answered many question s back and forth through email all before we had even booked.  I have always been a self booker but because of all the help she provided we all booked through her and I will continue to do so.  She didn't offer any better price than I could find online but because I know she'll receive credit in some form or another I was happy to use her.  

G*na? 😉  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, albycruisin said:

No can't use real names  for PCC on CC. 

Edited by beerman2

On 10/2/2019 at 8:24 PM, QuickieGlenn said:

Do you find that they are extra pushy

Got off the phone and I was kind of pissed

mine has sent me email 3 years. i emailed him monday. still didnt hear back. 

so no they arent pushy at all 😉

• 4 months later...

while i am perfectly capable of booking the cruise myself, we have a consultant named lynn who is absolutely fantastic. sometimes i thin im driving her crazy by calling with a different questions every fewdays, but she always takes the time to answer any questions, and work  through pricing for cabins i want. now i wouldnt book an ncl cruisewithout  her

Mine is or they think are A(nnoying). Every time I put a hold they call me and give me some crap about how we will be working as a team.  You would think they would stop calling given that I never pick up the phone or return their calls.

When I need to upgrade I call the normal nuumber other than that leave me alone.