Free specialty dining offer coming 10/10

rocklinmom

4 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Gee, guess I am very fortunate then.  My fare went down $125pp.  Mine is to Alaska this coming July.

Pooh

FWIW: there is a "special group" on the May 17-24 Emerald cruise ...2020 Alaska

I got free dining today and all I had to do was spend 3 hours on the phone with Princess and have them royally screw up my airfare. They eventually put everything back the way it was but now every time I check to see if my air price dropped I have to see the wrong price that is double what I'm actually paying. It's unsettling. They also made me hang up with zero physical confirmation that anything was correct. But hey, free dinner.

• Haha 1

Nice promo, but it doesn't work for any of the three I currently have booked. One's a 5 day, so it's not offered. One's a booked window suite where that category has been sold out forever. And on the last one the fare under the promo is $50 more each, so that's not attractive.

2 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Mine is for Alaska this coming July.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:23 AM, PoohUnderstands said:

I just booked a 3 for free cruise and got the usual lower fare, OBC, and free gratuities.  BUT, I also got 2 $32 bottles of wine, and one specialty dinner for two!!!  So go in and pretend to book a cruise(just don't pay!Grin) and see if you aren't already getting the free dinner (and don't forget the wine-at $32 each Princess is quick to state!)

Pooh

22 hours ago, Bdnclc said:

Nice score dinner and wine

Wine promo is only for Alaska itineraries.

13 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Has Princess added this perk for anyone without a cancellation and refare?  It seems like I have heard of people getting these kind of offers added on.  

Yes you should be able to just call in and refare with this promo. I would check first to see if your fare went up or not to see if it pencils out. Also if there are still cabins in your category available or not (this is apparently a stipulation). 

On 10/5/2019 at 7:47 AM, rocklinmom said:

For those of us booked with the 3 For Free or Great Escapes promos, now they are going to offer a bonus of free specialty dining. The promo starts Thursday 10/10 and goes until the 17th. It doesn't say if it is for new bookings only or if it will be refundable deposit or not. I will be checking on the 10th and also seeing what the fares do. If our fares stay the same and the deposit stays refundable (hopefully) this would be a great way to add a nice dinner at Crown Grill or Sabatini's (and it is for all guests). 

We were not thinking of booking a cruise in 2021, but since you posted about a 3 for free sale (even though there was just one without the specialty dining) I decided to look, and we booked a new cruise yesterday!!  So nice to have something already planned for 2021!! So excited!! Thanks for the push in the right direction! 😉 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 9:47 AM, rocklinmom said:

For those of us booked with the 3 For Free or Great Escapes promos, now they are going to offer a bonus of free specialty dining. The promo starts Thursday 10/10 and goes until the 17th. It doesn't say if it is for new bookings only or if it will be refundable deposit or not. I will be checking on the 10th and also seeing what the fares do. If our fares stay the same and the deposit stays refundable (hopefully) this would be a great way to add a nice dinner at Crown Grill or Sabatini's (and it is for all guests). 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I just had my TA rebook my cruise with the same promotion (3 for Free) and a lower price by $110 per person and the Free Specialty Dinner.

Edited by TwoCruisers
  • Like 3

Keep in mind if you took advantage of the recent 72 hour sale that included an EzAir discount of up to $200 on airfare, you would lose that perk if you refared to get the specialty dinner. That happened to me when I rebooked when they changed from nonrefundable to refundable deposits. Fortunately, I was able to get it back.

39 minutes ago, billco said:

Keep in mind if you took advantage of the recent 72 hour sale that included an EzAir discount of up to $200 on airfare, you would lose that perk if you refared to get the specialty dinner. That happened to me when I rebooked when they changed from nonrefundable to refundable deposits. Fortunately, I was able to get it back.

Good point.

The EzAir discount didn’t affect my cruise. I think the EzAir discount was for Europe cruises and mine is in the Caribbean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katwoman007 said:

Does anyone know where to confirm this was added to the account? I tried looking in my account and I cannot locate it. Although I see my other perks. 🙂 Thanks

Look on your reservation at "Onboard Reservations" and go to the bottom of the page to the summary.  It took about 24 hours for ours to show up.

28 minutes ago, Jezabel2924 said:

Look on your reservation at "Onboard Reservations" and go to the bottom of the page to the summary.  It took about 24 hours for ours to show up.

Thanks! I finally found it under the full travel summary, after looking at everything. lol I just wanted to make sure I knew where it was, as our trip is forever away and I do not want to forget or the agent be like, I don't remember. lol But I will check to see if it moves also to that area. 🙂 I remember looking forever when we had the sip and sail too... hahahaha 

• Like 1

Thanks for letting us know about this promotion.  I was able to get the dining added to two cruises i had booked under 3 for free. it only took my TA about 10 minutes to refare.  We've never done Specialty Dining. We are in our 70's and don't really eat enough to justify the additional cost.  So this will be a real treat.  

This forum is a great source of information.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 3:55 PM, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Has Princess added this perk for anyone without a cancellation and refare?  It seems like I have heard of people getting these kind of offers added on.  

Yes.  
Contacted my TA, and the Specialty Dining promo was automatically added to my booked cruise on Sky.     That is in addition to the one Speciality Dining  my TA comps me on every cruise I book with her.   Two comped Specialty Dining on a 7 day cruise?   That’s crazy good.  👍  Not needed to cancel/refare.

Bring me the 48 oz. Tomahawk ribeye  steaks prepared Pittsburg style, please. 😁

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1