Family corner veranda cabins

misha1

Hello fellow cruisers.  I am hoping someone will provide a website or process for checking availability of these coveted  cabins.  Would love to snag one but currently do not have the 5 people required to book it outright.  Thanks in advance.  Julie

They usually don’t appear as available unless you look for cabins for 5- you won’t be able to book but you would know if any are available.  When it gets close to sailing if there are any available FVs they will show on the website.  

A couple of years ago about 45 days before sailing a corner FV opened up on our cruise.  I saw it on X’s Website so I called our TA and DH & I paid and extra $60 and moved.  Great cabin.

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

A couple of years ago about 45 days before sailing a corner FV opened up on our cruise.  I saw it on X’s Website so I called our TA and DH & I paid and extra $60 and moved.  Great cabin.

I heard via our Infinity Roll Call that the FV’s were available in June for our October TA..

I rang Celebrity UK ( we had booked direct) and 9156 was available. I asked to be moved and it was NO extra charge. I was told it was the same category as the 2A? (7204)that we had booked. Maybe there had been a price drop, but I must admit I was surprised.

E4E2722D-95D0-447E-9458-404CE0A40F83.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

1 hour ago, moposh said:

Why do you have to have five?  There will be three of us and would love a FV

Because Celebrity says so.  🤣  When a cruise is released for booking, as noted above, Celebrity will only allow five people to book the FVs.  At some point along the way, when Celebrity's algorithms decide they won't get five (or four) in these cabins, they will be opened up for booking by fewer people. 

You have to check the Celebrity website daily.  Sometimes these FV cabins open up way in advance for less than 5 people.  We're cruising in both May 2020 and October 2020.  I've got a FV booked for the 3 of us for each sailing.  

3 minutes ago, jcpc said:

You have to check the Celebrity website daily.  Sometimes these FV cabins open up way in advance for less than 5 people.  We're cruising in both May 2020 and October 2020.  I've got a FV booked for the 3 of us for each sailing.  

Yes - do check daily.  Because when they do open up, they are typically not available for very long before someone snatches them up.

Happy Hunting

Mike

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

We are on the Infinity TA this week and when we booked a FV was available so we snatched it. I was shocked! It’s only 2 of us,  but I’m thinking that it was available because I’m sure families aren’t on TA’s.

Yup, very few families!  Our first FV (a corner!) was on the Infinity's westbound 2013 TA.    Enjoy your FV, and your cruise!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, moposh said:

Why do you have to have five?  There will be three of us and would love a FV.  We are doing a trip through AAA so booked a veranda through them.  

We have 3 sailors and I was told by my TA that I needed 5 to book the family veranda.  I did not question that any further

We also had a FV on a Caribbean sailing, and moved to it about a month before sailing.  So I know how wonderful the cabins are.  Since this is a summer sailing in Alaska, I am going to bet that there will be families on board utilizing these staterooms.  So, if I go to Celebrity website daily and type in 5 passengers, I will be able to see if they are open...but, I am sure my TA would not like a daily call to see if we could move into said stateroom yet.  When do they open up for smaller parties...anyone know?

1 hour ago, misha1 said:

When do they open up for smaller parties...anyone know?

As noted above, there is NO set time frame for this.   It really just depends on when Celebrity decides that they are not going to get 5 guests in these staterooms.  That's why the advice above is to check often if not daily if you are interested in them.     It's pretty predictable that on longer cruises like TAs there are fewer families, and the FVs may open up sooner than they will on shorter cruises during, say, summer vacations (when they may never open up at all).  But again, there is NO set time frame.

Good luck!

On 10/9/2019 at 9:54 AM, misha1 said:

So, if I go to Celebrity website daily and type in 5 passengers, I will be able to see if they are open...but, I am sure my TA would not like a daily call to see if we could move into said stateroom yet.  When do they open up for smaller parties...anyone know?

No need to call your TA daily.  When you go to the website, search for 2 passengers - when (if) you see the FV as an option they will be available to book for 2.  I would put a 24 hour hold on it until you can contact your TA.

On 10/7/2019 at 9:48 PM, misha1 said:

Hello fellow cruisers.  I am hoping someone will provide a website or process for checking availability of these coveted  cabins.  Would love to snag one but currently do not have the 5 people required to book it outright.  Thanks in advance.  Julie

Another thought:  Your travel agent can certainly waitlist you for a FV cabin.  My TA waitlisted me for a particular sky suite once and the waitlist cleared and I got the suite I wanted.  So, ask your travel agent to waitlist you - BUT also check the website daily, typing in 3 for the number of passengers and see if one becomes available.  If it does become available either call your TA immediately or put it on a 24 hold on the website.

@misha1
Royal Caribbean and Celebrity's system cannot handle booking 5 people in a single cabin against a single reservation.  It has to be split into 2 reservations.  This is why you have to call when you try to book 5. 

Edited by mahdnc