Question for FL Residents

WhereIBelong

Dear Friends,

My wife and I are returning to cruising after a long hiatus that included a relocation to Florida.  One of our many reasons for moving here was to be closer to the port of Ft. Lauderdale. 

I have a general question for other FL cruisers. Does Princess (or any other cruise line) offer any type of deals or incentives to FL residents who cruise out of FLL?  I thought I remembered reading something about that years ago.   

Boy has CC ever changed in the last six years!  It's going to take me some time to find my way around again.   I couldn't believe CC still had my user name and password!

• Like 1

We always check off that we are Florida Residents.  Not sure if this affects their price.  We live in Orlando, and have cruised out of Port Canaveral, Ft Lauderdale, and Miami.  We enjoy being able to drive to the cruise port, not having to fly. 

8 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

We always check off that we are Florida Residents.  Not sure if this affects their price.  We live in Orlando, and have cruised out of Port Canaveral, Ft Lauderdale, and Miami.  We enjoy being able to drive to the cruise port, not having to fly. 

If you use a TA, he/she would be able to tell you if you were getting a Florida Resident discount.

12 hours ago, WhereIBelong said:

Does Princess (or any other cruise line) offer any type of deals or incentives to FL residents who cruise out of FLL? 

Yes they do.  But it is seemingly random.  Not on every sailing.  Most lines allow you to sign up for emails that alert you to last minute deals.  Princess has Drop n Go.

Other Princess credits include the CCL shareholder credit, Future Cruise Deposit (buy onboard) and the military credit (if qualified).

Several lines off "state specific" discounts.  Some fairly far in advance, some not so much.  Some lines offer quite good last minute deals, but not necessarily state specific.   I'd have to say (fairly generically)  that most "last minute" deals are usually not state specific.

Carnival has resident discounts.  They come and go.  I believe Celebrity may, too, but they also have their Exciting Deals that you can subscribe to and they will drop into your email on Tuesdays:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Royal Caribbean has their Going, Going, Gone promotion at the same time:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Just go into the websites of all of the cruise lines, or those that interest you, and sign up for email specials.  EM

One of the reasons that we moved to Florida from Illinois several years ago is that we would have an easy drive to several ports. Living a bit north of Tampa, we can get to Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Port Canaveral with an easy drive after breakfast at home. Being able to snag one of those last-minute cruises makes cruising reasonably priced.

As stated above, Princess has Drop and Go pricing (and some are really, really cheap) and has the military OBC. Holland America offers 10 best deals on their Web site. Some are more practical than others. And there are more. Spend a couple of hours looking at each cruise line's Web site and then contact your TA.

It is not always a 'Florida Resident' thing that makes the deal. Most (not all) cruise lines are willing to discount severely in those final weeks, they make more money on anyone in a cabin, rather than an empty cabin. Some deals are real quick and others are several weeks out.

Jim

And speaking of discounts.....most lines have deals from between mid Nov until just prior to  the Christmas/New Year's sailings.  I got an e-blast from some on-line agency....MSC Divina Dec 6-1,7 11 nights $499 for a balcony cabin with the beverage package.  Talk about a deal!  It said nothing about being "state specific".