Internet discount for 5 star mariner

wesport

5 hours ago, wesport said:

Doing 7 days on the New Statendam in November, so I think I will wait till embarkation day and book internet then rather than booking it ahead. 

We are on the Nieuw Statendam also in November (Nov 17 to Dec 1).  The Premium Internet plan now offered on the HAL website as an Indulgence appears to be real good price.  I seem to recall someone mentioning on CC that the cost of the Premium plan, if purchased ahead, is the same as waiting and buying the Surf plan on board.  The $30 discount is applicable on either on when you board the ship.  Is this really the case?

It’s been about a year since I’ve purchased an internet package. I am boarding next week for 35 days. I don’t want to watch Movies, etc. Just read emails, Facebook, search the Net..

Is there a cost advantage to ordering in advance? I am 5 * so I know I’ll get that discount, but if it saves a few bucks to order now, I will...TIA!

Edited by Cinder Again

4 minutes ago, Cinder Again said:

It’s been about a year since I’ve purchased an internet package. I am boarding next week for 35 days. I don’t want to watch Movies, etc. Just read emails, Facebook, search the Net..

Is there a cost advantage to ordering in advance? I am 5 * so I know I’ll get that discount, but if it saves a few bucks to order now, I will...TIA!

You’ll have a nice savings (depending on the length of your cruise) by ordering in advance, but it is the Premier Plan, not the Surf (or middle plan) which is all you require.

The premier plan does let you use more mb though which might be helpful to you.

1 minute ago, kazu said:

You’ll have a nice savings (depending on the length of your cruise) by ordering in advance, but it is the Premier Plan, not the Surf (or middle plan) which is all you require.

The premier plan does let you use more mb though which might be helpful to you.

Thank you! Glad to know the correct verbiage to use! Premier it is! 😘

4 hours ago, wesport said:

I am thinking of buying it ahead for our Nov 10 on the new statendam.  $111 for premium. Can you make wi fi phone calls over the premium package?  Just curious. Should get my 30 credit when I board.  

On the Amsterdam last month the person running the Internet program told me "no".