"Normal" chairs at the Crown's Salty Dog Gastropub?

canadarocks

DH is not comfortable sitting at a high top table (with the elevated chairs). We would love to try the Salty Dog Gastropub on our upcoming Crown Princess cruise, but I've read that the only seating available is at high tops. Has anyone eaten there and sat at a "regular" table? 

In December 2016/January 2017 on the Crown Princess, their idea of 'normal' chairs was coffee tables with sofas.  For me (pre hip replacement of both hips) that was no better than the bar level chairs.  We had made reservations in advance and noted that I needed regular height chairs and they assured me it was no problem.  That was their idea of regular height tables and chairs. It looked like the same set up on the Ruby Princess in the summer of 2018.  While that was post surgery, on general principle we chose not to eat there because the table and chair set up seemed the same.  I think it is incredible that Princess, given the age of their average passenger, thinks that the set up in the Salty Dog Gastropub is sufficient.

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

In December 2016/January 2017 on the Crown Princess, their idea of 'normal' chairs was coffee tables with sofas.  For me (pre hip replacement of both hips) that was no better than the bar level chairs.  We had made reservations in advance and noted that I needed regular height chairs and they assured me it was no problem.  That was their idea of regular height tables and chairs. It looked like the same set up on the Ruby Princess in the summer of 2018.  While that was post surgery, on general principle we chose not to eat there because the table and chair set up seemed the same.  I think it is incredible that Princess, given the age of their average passenger, thinks that the set up in the Salty Dog Gastropub is sufficient.

Totally agree! We did 28 days on Emerald Princess. The Salty Dog Gastropub took up a large portion of Wheelhouse and was hardly ever utilized for food. Sometimes people sat there for music as the rest of the venue was full. There was nowhere to sit to eat except the high tables that many can't use. Eating on the little tables in the main portion of Wheelhouse would be horrible. I certainly don't want to sit on a sofa or a deep chair and try to lean forward to eat on the little table. It seemed to us (and a lot of others we spoke with) like a wasted space. I know if we had been sailing with our son he would have been peeved. It's impossible to eat at those high tables when in a wheelchair. He could have eaten at the low tables in the bar area but, like us, wouldn't have like doing so.

No regular dining tables. You can sit in one of the soft leather chairs or sofas and have your food served on the coffee table. You can also move over to the other section of the Wheelhouse Bar where some of the chairs are firmer, but you also have to dine off a coffee table. You can also dine at the bar.