Poor treatment of Platinum Cruisers!

On 10/17/2019 at 6:14 AM, RickAinley said:

Also cruise lines don't drop your status! Airlines will bring you back to earth very quickly if you don't maintain it. We booked a cruise for the first time in 15 years, I was a little surprised to see an email welcoming us back as 'gold' members. Soon checked to realize that meant diddley-squat. If I ever get to Pinnacle and swan around the promenade with a huge badge, make me walk the plank!

When I move up in status I plan on hosting a big party for anyone who will come.  Free food for all! It'll be held in the WindJammer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Thanks, please however, separate everyone according to their level .. really dont care to socialize/dine with gold members 😉

I think the main dining room should be segregated by loyalty status.  

On 10/17/2019 at 9:14 AM, RickAinley said:

Also cruise lines don't drop your status! Airlines will bring you back to earth very quickly if you don't maintain it.

I recently received an e-mail from Southwest Airlines that the points I earn on the FF program, I can keep for life.

That is an example of great customer service and a company willingly to inspire brand loyalty among all of its customers, occasional recreational flyers included, not just the frequently traveling business people.

Granted, Southwest doesn't offer the same level of perks as the legacy airlines - no special airport lounges that I know of and no first class -  but I wonder if other airlines will follow their lead.

1 hour ago, SRF said:

This is why the airlines use a combination of miles and dollars.

Which customer do you want?  The one that takes a lot of flights for cheap or a few international long distance first class?

I think what airlines want is business travelers who expense their flights, book higher refundable tickets. 

I have 3 tickets on American Barcelona to Miami.  Business Class through Air2Sea. My price is $4,000 per ticket less than the the American web site. 

7 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:
22 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I think the main dining room should be segregated by loyalty status.  

gold on the bottom restaurant and go up from there. 

I was thinking along the lines of excluding D+ and above from the MDR and confine them to DL, SL and CK! 😁

*** The above is said in jest. i enjoy many dinner time conversations with people who have cruised more than me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I recently received an e-mail from Southwest Airlines that the points I earn on the FF program, I can keep for life.

That is an example of great customer service and a company willingly to inspire brand loyalty among all of its customers, occasional recreational flyers included, not just the frequently traveling business people.

Granted, Southwest doesn't offer the same level of perks as the legacy airlines - no special airport lounges that I know of and no first class -  but I wonder if other airlines will follow their lead.

But is that the points or the status level. I keep my Delta points for life as well, but not the status (Medallion levels) 

A recent change to Delta is allowing the excess medallion points to roll into the next year.

Yea for me as solo,  collecting crown and anchor points do not help. Solos get little help in pricing. Maybe once in a while a $100 break for balcony.

Also, drink packages encourage folks to over indulge so as to get their money's worth.

I do not believe in too much loyalty to any cruise line. But DCL does truly open up new bookings by levels before opening to the public. This is something RCI says they do, but do not. And DCL lets the levels do first choice for specialty restaurants as well as shore excursions before the newbies.

As Diamond  level, I was on Ovation for the special May Alaska 11 day, and the so called special coffee they loaded onto my card was a joke as the choice was greatly limited.

I think perks overall are a bit of joke for average person not travelling in big suites or not drinkers.  I do not need perks dangled in my face to feel special. I feel special just walking around ship and looking at the water. 

27 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

United's miles no longer expire, they did it before Southwest. But, at the same time, getting any kind of level with United become harder to get.

• Like 1

• Clarea locked this topic
26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

But is that the points or the status level. I keep my Delta points for life as well, but not the status (Medallion levels) 

A recent change to Delta is allowing the excess medallion points to roll into the next year.

The e-mail  just says I get to keep the points for life. It makes no mention of status level so I's assuming there are no changes, i.e. I still need a certain amount qualifying flights/points per calendar year to maintain status.

I'll probably never fly Southwest enough to move up a level - and again, the perks aren't great - but maybe someday down the road, I'll get to redeem the points for something worthwhile.