Carrying sodas on

farmer92

You cannot check soda on a cruise, no matter how you tag it. It MUST be on your carry on. No other way. Many people, myself included, put the loose cans in a large back pack. Others, use a wheeled carry on. Others still put them a duffle bag. It's however you choose to do it. You are only limited by your imagination. 👍

You have to CARRY them on.  Do NOT check them or they will be confiscated.  How you carry them on is up to you.  Carnival really doesn't care if you choose to stuff two in a bra and fill up the pockets of your cargo pants, push them in a wheelbarrow, carry them on your head (you get the point).  They just can't be checked.  

To be serious, I don't carry on any more, but I have seen people strap them to the tops of suitcases, put them loose in a backpack, or just carry the carton.  It's really up to whatever works best for you.

If you wish to receive it, you must carry it on.

However, Carnival carries Coke products. The only cruise line I am aware of that serves Pepsi products is NCL (and probably their affiliated companies). NCL also does not allow soda to be brought on board.

If you choose to carry on the 12-pack carton, at least have something to carry loose cans in case they rip it open.  That happened to our neighbors.  And yes, Carnival carries coke products.  They have diet coke.  Not sure if they have coke zero, though.

I use one of those clear tote bags that they make for going to sporting events and sling it over my shoulder.  12 cans sit in there quite nicely, and if they want to check the cans to make sure I don't have beer, security can see all of them without opening the bag, so I don't have to worry about getting them back in an open carton. 

• Like 1