"Big News" on October 15th?

iceman93

11 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Ships that have the Gallery Bar have a lot of board games and a few larger manual games (I don't know what they are called).  More on the adult side. Very popular after dinner.

For example on the Eurodam Gallery Bar:

image.png.4ff9d90c6583317ad2cf7478943a6f50.png

image.png.940f71b558adedf21a76eed079188d97.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, S&B said:

My surprise was that he mentioned the "High Score" on the Amsterdam.  That ship is used mainly for Grand and World Voyages.  Not too many families are on that ship unless they go to Alaska in the summer.  I hope they will not move ships around for those voyages.

I didn't hear Amsterdam anywhere, he did say it would be on nieuw Amsterdam February 2020   

I thought he said Amsterdam but I think you are correct and it would be on the Nieuw Amsterdam.   Actually, I like playing some  of those games so we would have a good time being  a "kid" again but I don't think we would qualify going to Club HAL!   On our Grand Asia we brought some of our own travel board games.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I believe he said High Score on the Oosterdam.  The Amsterdam will not be in Alaska in 2020.

They ought send the MAASDAM back to the St. Lawrence run and  have the AMSTERDAM do the 14 day run in ALASKA

1 hour ago, Himself said:

They ought send the MAASDAM back to the St. Lawrence run and  have the AMSTERDAM do the 14 day run in ALASKA

I think they want the Maasdam in Alaska so they can utilize the zodiacs.  I heard  HAL did not get permission/clearance to use them in some ports initially -  on our Indian Ocean Explorer there was only one port (Utheemu, Maldives) where a zodiac excursion took place (and that port was not in the original itinerary  - Uligamu was originally on the itinerary - but was swapped out for Utheemu because they could use zodiacs.

In fact, the substituted port had literally NOTHING to see, you could walk the island back and forth in 10 minutes - the one “palace” or rather residence of a Sultan who drove out the Portuguese is located there, but it was closed,    Apparently people who booked the HAL “walking” tour were re-imbursed as the residence was not open, and really nothing much else to see except walking up and down a stretch of dirt/sand road. It literally took longer to wait for a tender than to walk a circuit of the island,   

HAL really wants to employ the zodiacs and  Alaska provides ample opportunity - as long as permission is granted.    

Carol

He said that the new game room addition to the kids' club will be available occasionally to the entire family.  He mentioned skee-ball and pinball type machines as well as board games.  He said that HAL was the top cruise line for multi-generational family cruising.

EXC talks will be given by the Cruise and Travel Director.

I figured that since this was a Facebook announcement was likely mostly rah-rah PR talk.  Sounded more like an internal employee briefing video to me.  "Big" announcements have been traditionally given in an orchestrated setting with travel industry people invited.