RCCL is opening a private island down our way!!

jldev

Just off the press from RCCL:  

An island paradise reimagined, Perfect Day at Lelepa will be the exclusive home of Royal Caribbean's newest private island destination in the Southern Hemisphere.

The only island of its kind, one of the natural gems of the South Pacific, unlike anywhere else in the world.

Only on Royal Caribbean.

Edited by jldev
  • Like 1

Please please don’t Americanise a beautiful island. 

I am seeing an island with water slides, a wave pool, large American diner, lots of colour, plastic fantastic 

what i I would like to see is an island which is sympathetic to its natural surroundings. Fully eco friendly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Perfect Day at Lelepa will also be built with sustainability features designed to safeguard the island's ecosystems and will be the first carbon neutral* private cruise destination in the world. Cox Architecture, a sustainable, design-focused contemporary architectural firm based in Australia, will serve as the lead architect on the project.

"We believe our destinations should be sustainably designed," Bayley said. "That idea goes beyond simply protecting the ecological features of Lelepa and includes showing respect for the people and traditions that make this a special place."

Vanuatu Prime Minister Salwai said, "Vanuatu is a true paradise for both our people and the visitors we welcome to our shores each year. Today marks a major step forward in our island nation's close relationship with Royal Caribbean and one that will support sustainable growth for future generations. The Ni-Vanuatu people look forward to welcoming Royal Caribbean guests from around the world to enjoy extraordinary adventures and relaxation during their Perfect Day at Lelepa."

Bayley said, "Anyone who has encountered the tremendous natural beauty of Lelepa can understand why it is the perfect setting for 'Perfect Day.' Our guests who travel to the South Pacific are seeking authentic adventures and genuine relaxation, and they will find both here."

Perfect Day at Lelepa will have a different look and feel from Royal Caribbean's wildly popular Perfect Day at CocoCay "because our guests around the world all have different definitions for their perfect day — and all of them are right. Our designers and nature have created the ideal South Pacific experience and we expect the results will be stunning."

CocoCay has a big docking facility for RC ships.

You'd have to assume that is not on the cards for Lelepa if they want to maintain the vibe of the place.

So it would be anchoring and tendering. In which case is Savannah Harbour a suitable anchorage for a ship as large as Ovation?

Edited by SinbadThePorter

4 hours ago, jldev said:

Just off the press from RCCL:  

An island paradise reimagined, Perfect Day at Lelepa will be the exclusive home of Royal Caribbean's newest private island destination in the Southern Hemisphere.

The only island of its kind, one of the natural gems of the South Pacific, unlike anywhere else in the world.

Only on Royal Caribbean.

In one way, it is welcome news, as RCCL is looking to invest heavily in our region, but I am not sure the private island will be much better than Mystery island for either cruisers or the locals.

56 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

In one way, it is welcome news, as RCCL is looking to invest heavily in our region, but I am not sure the private island will be much better than Mystery island for either cruisers or the locals.

Better for cruisers - possibly not!

Better for RCCL control and retention of passengers island expenditure - you bet your bottom dollar!

Edited by banzaii
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, banzaii said:

Better for cruisers - possibly not!

Better for RCCL control and retention of passengers island expendature - you bet your bottom dollar!

There is that of course. If it keeps ships cruising here, than it is a small concession.

44 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

There is that of course. If it keeps ships cruising here, than it is a small concession.

I am actually quite excited and in favour of the island if done right. 

I have spent several months exploring many islands in Vanuatu.  Lelepa is actually one of those I haven't had the pleasure of visiting.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

CocoCay has a big docking facility for RC ships.

You'd have to assume that is not on the cards for Lelepa if they want to maintain the vibe of the place.

So it would be anchoring and tendering. In which case is Savannah Harbour a suitable anchorage for a ship as large as Ovation?

Havannah Harbour looks well protected.

wonder if they will build a wharf? They have a 75 year lease.

Edited by Chiliburn

Don't believe a word of it.

It's just cover for a dastardly plot by the Democrats to find a remote prison island to exile Trump to where he will never be heard of again.

Well, I can dream ....

Apparently there’s caves with cave paintings 3000 years old on the island 

Noumea has a more to offer in the way of shore excursions ,there’s 19 on our cruise planner,There used to be only an 6.

Suppose they’re trying to develop the area for more ships.

Edited by Chiliburn

42 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Glad it is not in Australia.  I like Australia's policy that public land is for use by everyone.

That may be true but then different states have different classifications to what is public and private land. i.e, some states and councils allow private property to go all the way to the water line (lakes, rivers, sea) while others have a distinct area between the water line set for public use.