Favorite suite breakfast "off menu" items

gwade

Full disclosure...I've done a few searches and seen a few things, but for those of you who have enjoyed the Suite breakfast perk (e.g. - Sabatini's or Crown), what are some items you've ordered "off menu" and what are your favorites? 

29 minutes ago, gwade said:

Full disclosure...I've done a few searches and seen a few things, but for those of you who have enjoyed the Suite breakfast perk (e.g. - Sabatini's or Crown), what are some items you've ordered "off menu" and what are your favorites? 

Omelette with crab, avocado and Swiss cheese - delicious and very filling

• Like 5

I've "pre-ordered" the crab/avocado or a minute steak the day before.  It is up to the head waiter.  I've had some terrific guys and some duds.  If you want salsa/pico de gallo on the first day, you may see it every day after that.  I don't care for the mixed fruit but have requested watermelon every day.

9 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I've "pre-ordered" the crab/avocado or a minute steak the day before.  It is up to the head waiter.  I've had some terrific guys and some duds.  If you want salsa/pico de gallo on the first day, you may see it every day after that.  I don't care for the mixed fruit but have requested watermelon every day.

Same extras that I have ordered with the same response.  All but one head waiter were accommodating.  He said, ‘where am I going to get crab?’  We didn’t go much when he was there that week.  I always ordered it for the next day, not the same day.  Also, once I got a much better steak than one of their minute strip steaks.

I have found that you need to be pretty specific.  If you order the ham with the eggs or the corned beef hash, it’s a micro portion.  The ham is way better than the buffet, so I just ask for 3 servings.

Safe Journeys, Paul

Don't forget the drinks.  Once they know your preferences, it will arrive at your table shortly after you are seated.  Mine:  Decaf Latte - no foam.

I knew of someone that started off with Mimosas and by the time his second breakfast was through, he was on straight champagne.  He had breakfast with his wife and then joined us for his second one.

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Don't forget the drinks.  Once they know your preferences, it will arrive at your table shortly after you are seated.  Mine:  Decaf Latte - no foam.

I knew of someone that started off with Mimosas and by the time his second breakfast was through, he was on straight champagne.  He had breakfast with his wife and then joined us for his second one.

Mimosas, aka happy juice! 😉

I’ll have one, or two over breakfast and then ask for one in a sippy cup to go (take out coffee cup). Sets one out perfectly for a sea day. 🥂

I'm not sure that is possible.  I tried to take a Latte to go and was told that I could have as many as I wanted...with breakfast.  Good Luck.  They really are not equipped for "take out orders".  I am sure you might find another way of transporting the drink.

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I'm not sure that is possible.  I tried to take a Latte to go and was told that I could have as many as I wanted...with breakfast.  Good Luck.  They really are not equipped for "take out orders".  I am sure you might find another way of transporting the drink.

Hm? Interesting idea. Maybe bring your own hot cup and ask for the latte to be poured into it??

I got mixed berries and nuts to add to breakfast entrees.

We ordered French Toast once. What we got was not the French Toast we are used to having. It was a deep fried bread of some kind. So you really have to be careful on what you order and make sure they know what it is.

Roger

42 minutes ago, Eagleeye said:

We ordered French Toast once. What we got was not the French Toast we are used to having. It was a deep fried bread of some kind. So you really have to be careful on what you order and make sure they know what it is.

Roger

Yes. My wife and I actually prefer the MDR French toast to what Sabatini's serves. MDR's is much thicker. 

Jim

Hmm.... Prosciutto and cheddar cheese added to scrambled eggs. As for drinks, every morning I had a Bloody Mary and a mimosa showed up at my table shortly after being seated. My waiter made the drinks I think as they appeared too quickly to hunt down a bar.

I struck out on ordering a lobster omelette.

On 10/17/2019 at 10:07 AM, riffatsea said:

Hm? Interesting idea. Maybe bring your own hot cup and ask for the latte to be poured into it??

I got mixed berries and nuts to add to breakfast entrees.

My mother always brings a large metal cup with lid and has them fill it before we leave.

All I can said... it is all great,   but in general things for me are simple

Waffles  with apples and berries and cream and a little bit of maple syrup

or

Eggs over easy, English bacon, and a little bit of maple syrup

or

Yogurt and berries with a small amount of nuts

and only 36 days till one does it all again

Cheers Don 

On 10/16/2019 at 10:58 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

On the Star in May, it was positively encouraged. On our penultimate day (last day for Sabatini’s breakfast) I ordered a sippy cup to go of happy juice and was told that it would take about 5-10 mins as they needed to get some more to go cups. I was then persuaded to have another glass of mimosa, whilst I was waiting! 😉

I’m back on the Star next month, so here’s hoping for the same great service.