FLL Aiport Terminal 2 - Place to eat after collection bags

PaperSniper4

We're arriving on JetBlue, terminal 3 around 7pm. I think it would be smart to grab a bite to eat, and I'm sure there are places somewhere. The suggestions I seek are if we ought to collect our 3 bags from the baggage carousel or eat before then while still in the secured gate area. I am a little concerned about leaving our bags for the 20 minutes or so it might take us to eat first. Are there places outside of the "security checkpoint" if we decide to leave that area to get our bags first then eat?

Hopefully someone has done this.........😎

FLL is weak in passenger amenities. Its a very busy but fairly small airport. Even there brand new terminal while looks better is narrow and does not have many options. 

Looking online the only place that is pre-security is closed at 6pm on terminal 3. Also I don't know what day of the week you are flying in but a Thursday or Friday at 7pm at FLL is crazy busy. And terminal 3 is the busiest terminal with JetBlue. So, that means huge lines for the very few places to eat. 

I suggest packing a snack or just get some extra snacks JetBlue gives you and get something to eat after you get to your hotel. You have no options at FLL. 

• Like 1

Our flight lands about the same time but we are planning to Lyft it to our hotel, we are quite close to Galleria Mall so will probably just head over there after checking in.  It has quite a few restaurants and I believe there are a few in our hotel as well.

My experience with airports while not extensive is that there are very few options for food once you land.  And if you leave your bags on the carousel they will remove them and you have to track them down.

Where are you staying?  There must be something nearby.

19 hours ago, Flymia said:

FLL is weak in passenger amenities. Its a very busy but fairly small airport. Even there brand new terminal while looks better is narrow and does not have many options. 

Looking online the only place that is pre-security is closed at 6pm on terminal 3. Also I don't know what day of the week you are flying in but a Thursday or Friday at 7pm at FLL is crazy busy. And terminal 3 is the busiest terminal with JetBlue. So, that means huge lines for the very few places to eat. 

I suggest packing a snack or just get some extra snacks JetBlue gives you and get something to eat after you get to your hotel. You have no options at FLL. 

Thanks for the good information. Well, you are confirming what I remember from the last time I used FLL. Dang. I choose this Jet Blue flight because it was direct, non-stop both directions. Its times were perfect except for landing FLL on a Saturday night so late. Our hotel is not very close to anything. It's about a mile to a fairly decent mall, but since we land at 7pm, I don't want to even try to get there from the hotel after check in, which I figure will be close to 8PM. I suppose we will stick a couple of "90 second" meals in our luggage for the microwave in our motel room; beats hitting the snack vending machine in the motel's lobby! Oh well, traveling is an adventure, right? 😎

19 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Our flight lands about the same time but we are planning to Lyft it to our hotel, we are quite close to Galleria Mall so will probably just head over there after checking in.  It has quite a few restaurants and I believe there are a few in our hotel as well.

My experience with airports while not extensive is that there are very few options for food once you land.  And if you leave your bags on the carousel they will remove them and you have to track them down.

Where are you staying?  There must be something nearby.

We're going to be staying at a motel in Hollywood. There is a mall about a mile away, but after motel check in it will be too late to get there I think.

Doug

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Oh well, traveling is an adventure, right? 😎

That's the right attitude:classic_tongue:  Look at it this way, airport meals are average at best and over priced, so you're best skipping them anyway.

Once you're at the hotel maybe consider an Uber to a restaurant.  You're still on vacation:classic_smile:

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks for the good information. Well, you are confirming what I remember from the last time I used FLL. Dang. I choose this Jet Blue flight because it was direct, non-stop both directions. Its times were perfect except for landing FLL on a Saturday night so late. Our hotel is not very close to anything. It's about a mile to a fairly decent mall, but since we land at 7pm, I don't want to even try to get there from the hotel after check in, which I figure will be close to 8PM. I suppose we will stick a couple of "90 second" meals in our luggage for the microwave in our motel room; beats hitting the snack vending machine in the motel's lobby! Oh well, traveling is an adventure, right? 😎

7:00 p.m. is not very late, and 8 p.m. is not late at all for dinner on a Saturday. No idea where your motel is or what mall is near by, but if you get some more info on what hotel exactly we all could offer some suggestions to Uber somewhere. Uber/Lyft is so easy and cheap it makes sense over microwaving some meals. Most places here are pretty busy around 8-9pm on a weekend night. That is a normal time to have dinner. 

21 minutes ago, Flymia said:

7:00 p.m. is not very late, and 8 p.m. is not late at all for dinner on a Saturday. No idea where your motel is or what mall is near by, but if you get some more info on what hotel exactly we all could offer some suggestions to Uber somewhere. Uber/Lyft is so easy and cheap it makes sense over microwaving some meals. Most places here are pretty busy around 8-9pm on a weekend night. That is a normal time to have dinner. 

Ha, it's late for us! At home we usually eat around 6PM, and I hit the sack at 9pm to read for an hour before lights out! 😎 We will be using Uber the next morning to get our wine and soft drinks prior to boarding. It's only about $8 per trip to/from the mall. There are 2-3 decent restaurants there, but 8-9 PM is just too late for us. Trust me, we will not starve eating a microwave dinner.

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Honestly this sounds revolting.

Why don't you just walk outside your hotel and find somewhere to eat?  We have tens of thousands of really good restaurants here in South Florida and I cannot think of a single scenario where a microwaved hotel meal would be a good choice.

Have a snack while in the air and eat later.  8PM on a Saturday night is actually kind of early for South Florida.

I think you'll be happy you did.

7 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

Why don't you just walk outside your hotel and find somewhere to eat?  We have tens of thousands of really good restaurants here in South Florida and I cannot think of a single scenario where a microwaved hotel meal would be a good choice.

......8PM on a Saturday night is actually kind of early for South Florida.

I cannot walk more than about 100 yards comfortably.  8PM is too late for us. This will be a long day for us.  It's fine that others are happy eating after 8PM, but we are not.

Thanks to you who answered my question about the airport. As usual CC is a great place to get information....sometimes opinions also.

Doug

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I cannot walk more than about 100 yards comfortably.  8PM is too late for us. This will be a long day for us.  It's fine that others are happy eating after 8PM, but we are not.

Thanks to you who answered my question about the airport. As usual CC is a great place to get information....sometimes opinions also.

Doug

Okay that makes sense. 

Keep in mind we have all kinds of delivery services here like Postmates, GrubHub, Uber Eats, Delivery Dudes etc that can deliver anything to your hotel.  Might be better than a microwaved meal.

Good luck!

We usually order pizza as soon as we get to the hotel.  The front desk can tell you who delivers, if that's something you might want to do. Are you sure your room has a microwave?  I know some of ours didn't and there wasn't one on site that we could use. 

I always carry packages of tuna and crackers just in case!

• 2 weeks later...

Probably you should change hotels but some have shuttles if there are no restaurants nearby. So check with the hotel.  I stayed one at an airport Hampton at Fort Lauderdale and they gave us rides to a nearby restaurant for free. They picked us up too when we called them that we were finished. 

I just came in on JetBlue Thursday night and we actually landed in Terminal 4 for some reason.  Outside of security we passed a restaurant called Cross Grain Brewhouse. I have not eaten there personally, but quite a few people were there.