QM2 Change in Queens Grill Inroom Bar?

gingagrant

So, we got our concierge call today for our upcoming cruise on the QM2 (Q6).  We were u set the impression that the inroom bar would be stocked with full sized bottles.  The Cunard Concierge kept talking about ‘mini-bottles’, which has me thinking of airplane drinks.  According to the conversation, the wine is 750ml, but hard alcohol would be ‘mini-bottles’.  Can someone please help?

Unless it has changed recently you should get full sized bottles. They are left on the mini-bar counter and the mini refrigerator is stocked with the mixing beverages that are indeed smaller bottles. Much like cans of soda/pop or small bottles of tonic/club soda.

5 hours ago, gingagrant said:

So, we got our concierge call today for our upcoming cruise on the QM2 (Q6).  We were u set the impression that the inroom bar would be stocked with full sized bottles.  The Cunard Concierge kept talking about ‘mini-bottles’, which has me thinking of airplane drinks.  According to the conversation, the wine is 750ml, but hard alcohol would be ‘mini-bottles’.  Can someone please help?

Is this for a world cruise? I don't recall receiving a phone call pre voyage before. 

5 hours ago, BellaAnna said:

Unless it has changed recently you should get full sized bottles. They are left on the mini-bar counter and the mini refrigerator is stocked with the mixing beverages that are indeed smaller bottles. Much like cans of soda/pop or small bottles of tonic/club soda.

Thank you, that’s what I thought and what we’ve seen in any stateroom tours.  The person who called just must have been confused or something.  She had said numerous times that hard alcohol was 3 mini- bottles per passenger.  I’ll give an update when we get back!

Austcruiser84, we are staying in a Queens Grill suite. were told ahead of time that we would be receiving a call - about 6wks before the sail date - from the Concierge to take our bar requests and answer any questions.  This was also the time to start discussing special requests and allergies.  

One month ago on QM2 the Spirits were 1L. bottles. I was presented with a choice card by my butler and my usual tipple JWBlack is now on the list. I didn't have to write it in or cajole my Butler to provide it. A civilized upgrade from years past. 

Does it make a difference if one books with Cunard? Does it make a difference what country one is in?

The last time we were called by Cunard to ask what we wanted in our cabin was in QE2 days. We hadn't booked with them, and had a Q3, which didn't have a bar anyway. We haven't had a call since. 😀

Host Hattie, we are traveling in December.  I forgot who told us to expect the call, but we received a call yesterday from someone saying they were from Cunard Concierge service.  They asked us for the minibar order, told us about the pillow menu available on board, and asked allergies and if we had any questions.

with all the people saying that they haven’t gotten calls, I just called Cunard to confirm that they *did* I fact call yesterday.  It was Cunard and our records were updated to reflect the information we gave them.  I was told today that we’d be getting another Concierge call before the sail date to see if there is anything else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

We are travelling  next week  , no phone call, didn't have one in July.  Maybe it's a US service. 

Interesting point - it might be.   I’m in the US, and everyone that has responded that they haven’t received a call is not....

We're aboard in mid-December and have not received a call. However, when I booked, I asked our TA to include a note with our requests for booze (Glenmorangie & Tanqueray 10) on the booking. I have no past experience to go by - this is our first time in QG on the ship. (For what it's worth - we're in the US)

7 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Just one more thought, always wondered why we can't order drink before hand using cruise personaliser.  Mrs W gives me grief about drinking her champagne.

You can order wine and champagne in the voyage personaliser. You have to pay for it when you order it. You can provide Mrs. W a generous supply. 

It sounds like it's a US service. Though, I wonder if direct booking vs travel agent booking makes a difference. This is the first time I booked with Cunard direct so I will wait and see.

Last year the bar form was sitting on the wet bar for me to fill out and the full 1L bottles were delivered that afternoon while I was at lunch. 

47 minutes ago, Austcruiser84 said:

It sounds like it's a US service. Though, I wonder if direct booking vs travel agent booking makes a difference. This is the first time I booked with Cunard direct so I will wait and see.

Last year the bar form was sitting on the wet bar for me to fill out and the full 1L bottles were delivered that afternoon while I was at lunch. 

We booked through an agent, but today Cunard confirmed to me that it was standard practice - even though my call seems to be an exception and not a rule.

We have never received a call from a concierge before booking, but we tend to book Q6/Q5 suites. I wonder whether it is those booking Q1/Q2 that are getting a call.

Here's a photo of the drinks list offered on board from our recent Northern Lights trip on QE.

IMG_20191008_120613.jpg

• Like 1