Marina deck 7

rinshin

What are the differences between deck 7 b4 and b3.  B4 have wait lists.  Looking at deck 7, there are balconies aft and fore with bigger balconies.  If possible, we like to get the bigger balcony.  Thank you.  

Edited by rinshin

Those b3 cabins are usually booked quickly.  Last year we got one when somebody canceled. The veranda was huge. It had 2 chaises, 2 chairs, and a big table. We were in the Med on a port intensive cruise with no sea days.  It rained often. We didn’t get much time to use the veranda.  If I had to do it again, an Oceanview would have been ok.  While verandas sound good, I only seem to use them when we sail in the a Caribbean. 

There are only a few B4's  & they go fast  along with the C cabins  on the O class ships

The larger balconies are nice  

if you do not mind  if you do not mind being overlooked

image.thumb.png.315565bdc1ae55752e883784eae61845.png

image.thumb.png.b87ba633687c696102ef9ac80125e0d2.png

Wow, it is quite big.  The price difference between 7 b3 and b4 is very small on the cruise we are interested in.  I need to find b3 balcony then.  I looked at concierge class, but since we like to do our own laundry and my husband prefers not being too fussed, so regular balcony sounded good.  But now I wonder reading previous comments if we will use it much on 12 day baltic cruise.  What is your opinion on this.  Thank you agin for the wealth of info.  

I would get the B3 no matter what the itinerary is. Just to comment in the privacy issue, the extended part of the balcony can be seen by the passengers above but the non-extended portion is as private as any other standard-sized veranda. 

Edited by Rob the Cruiser

Just so you know, the B3's are located at the front and aft of the ship. Cruisers with seasick issues don't want them no matter how big the balcony is. We have no issue and love them, some don't. 

• Like 1

Glad this topic came up.  I was able to get a B3 with the big balcony for our upcoming cruise.  We were in a B4 and also forward.  We don't mind felling the motion of the ship as were old boaters.  We got our luggage tags yesterday with the old cabin number, I assume I should just change the number with a black marker?

1 hour ago, rucruisn2 said:

Glad this topic came up.  I was able to get a B3 with the big balcony for our upcoming cruise.  We were in a B4 and also forward.  We don't mind felling the motion of the ship as were old boaters.  We got our luggage tags yesterday with the old cabin number, I assume I should just change the number with a black marker?

You could do that or ask the porter at the dock for blank ones

You will be on the same deck so if your bags do not arrive at the new cabin  just look down the hall 😉

Does anyone have experience with changing rooms after booking and final payment?  When we booked two rooms last year we wanted the extra large balconies aft on Deck 7.  We got them but had to settle for two that are separated by a room.  Not sure if I should try/call before we sail in January or wait til we board and ask the occupants of the room between ours if they’d switch, then update the burser.  It’s probably not as easy as swapping an airline seat.  We would like to be able to open the wall between the balconies, but of course our rooms need to be adjoining.  I was on a HAL cruise last year and we were able to do this with the outer half of the balcony wall.

On 10/24/2019 at 12:45 PM, ORV said:

Just so you know, the B3's are located at the front and aft of the ship. Cruisers with seasick issues don't want them no matter how big the balcony is. We have no issue and love them, some don't. 

ORV

Do all B3 cabins have extended balconies?  if not , do you know which ones do?  My brother is assigned one and  he is anxious to know if he has ONE....Thanks in advance 

Just now, docmark said:

ORV

Do all B3 cabins have extended balconies?  if not , do you know which ones do?  My brother is assigned one and  he is anxious to know if he has ONE....Thanks in advance 

I believe it's only the ones at the front and aft of deck 7. You can tell by the deck plans where they jut out. 

3 hours ago, catsngoats said:

Does anyone have experience with changing rooms after booking and final payment?  When we booked two rooms last year we wanted the extra large balconies aft on Deck 7.  We got them but had to settle for two that are separated by a room.  Not sure if I should try/call before we sail in January or wait til we board and ask the occupants of the room between ours if they’d switch, then update the burser.  It’s probably not as easy as swapping an airline seat.  We would like to be able to open the wall between the balconies, but of course our rooms need to be adjoining.  I was on a HAL cruise last year and we were able to do this with the outer half of the balcony wall.

I would ask sooner than later  but  just because you are side by side  they may not be willing to open the dividers

• 2 months later...

We have a verandah on deck 7,  not one of the extended ones, as that might not be necessary for us.

We decided that we would forego the deeper verandah so we would not be so far Aft.  We would be near the Aft stairwell.

Can you guys tell me if there are any pros or concerns with that location.

We could still upgrade to the next category, and move up to Deck 8, the most mid-ship of the forward category.  But we are wanting to watch the budget!

How is it being on Deck 7?  

On a European cruise, over a year out,  is there any chance at all that we would see a worthwhile upsell?

I believe European cruises are usually pretty sold out.

Edited by Wishing on a star

As to Deck 7, we've never been on it (yes to 8, 9 and 11) so I won't comment about that.  However, one thing I like about the aft location is that you have very easy access to the RESTAURANTS.  When we were in a VS on our first Marina cruise it was a very long hike to dinner ... Howard usually likes to take a walk around the deck after dinner but he didn't feel the need on that cruise, since we'd already had long walks to and from the restaurants.

There is no predicting what you might get in an upsell.  If the cruise is very sold out, there's probably little chance.  If it remains relatively empty, then you might well get some offers.  Check the website to see what the status of rooms is/are.  You can see which levels are wait listed, available, etc.

Also if you are using a TA let him or her know that you might be interested in an upsell, and also what you would be willing to pay.  That way the TA can jump on an offer because they do tend to disappear quickly.

We took a downsell in 2016 from a PH to a B2 (in the end we were in a B1) but as soon as we said "yes", DH reconsidered.  The room was already gone.  In the end we weren't unhappy -- we were booked in a VS on Sirena for a couple of months later which the downsell paid for.  And we were happier in the veranda room than we had remembered from our early days on Renaissance, despite having been in suites more recently.

Mura

I would really reconsider getting one of those extended balconies unless you or your traveling mate have motion issues. If you get one toward the front of the extended ones then it really isn't that "far" aft. I've sailed in them a couple of times and the extra room is great. 

Upsells are fairly complicated and trying to guess one way or the other over a year out is impossible. Past cruise popularity is one way to judge, but I wouldn't plan on anything. If it happens and it's something you're happy with at a price that sounds good, then go for it. 

DSC09777.JPG

4 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Thanks!  I hope this will be a decent location.

If the only extended balconies left were not already far aft, I might consider!  They look amazing.

One thing for me is any vibration from the engines there.  Just me.

to me, I get real concerned when the vibration stops     THE vibrations are cavitation on the screws...    With azipods  the motor are in the azapod/ rudder which has no shaft.    The engines on these azapod ships are merely generators of electricity