When is Loyalty Status acknowledged?

I'll reach Diamond in the middle of my "Snowbird" cruise next October. Do they upgrade me and give me the Diamond perks at the beginning of, the middle of, or after the cruise?

I know this question has been asked but I can't find the right words to "Search". Thanks for you any info you have, Ann

Trust but verify your new status when you book your next cruise. And if you already have a cruise booked, you might want to call C&A to verify your change in status. It beats tracking down the Loyalty Ambassador aboard ship.

• Like 1

You don’t receive any points for a cruise until that cruise is completed. As others have noted, it typically takes a week. In other words, you are not reaching Diamond status during the cruise. You won’t be Diamond until after.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wikoffclan said:

I'll reach Diamond in the middle of my "Snowbird" cruise next October. Do they upgrade me and give me the Diamond perks at the beginning of, the middle of, or after the cruise?

I know this question has been asked but I can't find the right words to "Search". Thanks for you any info you have, Ann

As others have said, it's completed cruises. It can take a couple of weeks after you return for the points to be posted.  I just wanted to add we have family friends named Wikoff (yes spelled the exact same way).

I have found that the easiest way to track my points is to log into my account on the RCI website. The points show up in the account homepage.

My recent experience has been that it takes about a week to get point updates.

2 hours ago, BND said:

As others have said, it's completed cruises. It can take a couple of weeks after you return for the points to be posted. 

I just wanted to add we have family friends named Wikoff (yes spelled the exact same way).

Thank you to everyone for the info. Maybe I'll just take another cruise before October to bump up. I'll only need 7 points.

Are your Wikoff friends in or from New Jersey? We might be cousins!!

10 minutes ago, wikoffclan said:

Thank you to everyone for the info. Maybe I'll just take another cruise before October to bump up. I'll only need 7 points.

Are your Wikoff friends in or from New Jersey? We might be cousins!!

No, not NJ. Pretty sure they're originally from  the TX/OK area.  The family (grown kids and parents) are now in VA/MD/MA.

Edited by BND

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree...typical for me:  A week to 10 days after cruise completion.   

Look at it this way (as I did 😉 ).   Will just make that next cruise that much more delicious!  

Congrats on turning Diamond!  

Well said my DS friend. 

11 minutes ago, BND said:

No, not NJ. Pretty sure they're originally from  the TX/OK area.  The family (grown kids and parents) are now in VA/MD/MA.

Oh well. We may still be cousins. Most who spell it Wikoff come from one New Jersey branch of the Wyckoff family.

Obscure fact - Tell them that Charles A. Wikoff (another potential cousin) was the most senior ranking American Army officer killed during the Spanish American War. He died at the Battle of San Juan Hill in Cuba.

5 hours ago, BND said:

As others have said, it's completed cruises. It can take a couple of weeks after you return for the points to be posted.  

The exception is if you do b2b and increase your status at the end of the first cruise, then the Loyalty Ambassador will get you updated to start the second leg, get you a new seapass with updated info. 

Just now, mugtech said:

The exception is if you do b2b and increase your status at the end of the first cruise, then the Loyalty Ambassador will get you updated to start the second leg, get you a new seapass with updated info. 

Of course, but that's not all that common and wasn't the OP's question.  What I said was it takes a couple of weeks for the points to be posted (visible by individual's on their accounts).  We've had the LA contact Miami to confirm our points for a Crystal Block during a b2b.  

You are going to enjoy being Diamond.  Way back when I do recall I only needed four more days to reach Diamond, so I did a little 4 day cruise to get there so that on my longer next  17 day cruise I could enjoy  the Diamond benefits.  Specifically, we enjoyed going up to the Lounge between 4 and 8 and having our drinks, bringing them down to our balcony stateroom, going back to get more prior to dinner and it went on and on.   Also, being able to order the appropriate drinks at the bars using our 3 per person per day privilege was also nice.   Worked out to be a cheap cruise in terms of booze for us as we are mainly wine drinkers taking in the odd gin martini.

20 hours ago, mugtech said:

Sometimes yes...but sometimes no, not always a given.  Hopefully you get a congenial LA.  😉   

Edited by island lady