How far in advance do you book?

CruzerDeb

I like to book as soon as I know I want to cruise (I think the farthest out I've book is 18 months); my DH doesn't like to make plans that far in advance. I've got my eye on Europe cruise.  Does anyone know when 2021 dates will open up?

I have a January 2021 cruise booked (booked Feb 2019). I think rule of thumb is two years to the month-ish.

Looks like they have cruises for every month of 2021 available to search via the Carnival site....Click "Plan" then "Find a Cruise"

carnival.thumb.PNG.19227619bf59df7634c991efe7c75d96.PNG

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 1

I book anywhere from a year to a year and a half ahead.  Never had a problem with cabin choice and I can get it completely paid off early to start planning our next adventure.  When we retire, I may look more for last minute specials, but far ahead works great while we're still employed.

• Like 2

I have one booked as far out as the end of August 2021. I pretty much have to book close to a year out to get the room I want. I take the last week of Feb and the last week of August off every year so I feel safe booking those far in advance. By doing that I can get the best price, the room I want, dining time, etc.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, fabby50 said:

I book anywhere from a year to a year and a half ahead.  Never had a problem with cabin choice and I can get it completely paid off early to start planning our next adventure.  When we retire, I may look more for last minute specials, but far ahead works great while we're still employed.

This is me completely. 

When I was running my business, I had to look for a week I could be away so I frequently booked 2-3 days before the cruise. Once booked the day of the cruise (hardest part was convincing that nice lady in Carnival's office that I was, indeed, aware that the cruise was the same day)🙂. But now I'm retired (turned 80 several days ago) and I have a cruise in January 2020 on the PANORAMA that I booked over a year ago. I must admit, I prefer booking a few days before the cruise, however.  ☺️

I just booked a cruise today for the Panorama March 2022!  And I spent days researching the rooms that would work for our two kids and their small families. Couldn’t get any adjoining rooms or three together because we needed rooms for. 2,3 and 4 people. My husband thought I was crazy for booking so early. With the Family Harbor and Havana cabins, it really lowers the options.  I worked directly with Carnival and Alex was very helpful and understanding.