Sneaking Alcohol - P&O

I have a short cruise coming up soon and there is no drinks package available. Any reliable methods of sneaking a little booze on board the Pacific Explorer (P&O)? 

Lot of people overseas seem to use rum runners (basically a plastic bag with a little structure) and put it in their luggage. Any ideas or past experiences would be appreciated. 

2 hours ago, ozcruiser97 said:

I have a short cruise coming up soon and there is no drinks package available. Any reliable methods of sneaking a little booze on board the Pacific Explorer (P&O)? 

Lot of people overseas seem to use rum runners (basically a plastic bag with a little structure) and put it in their luggage. Any ideas or past experiences would be appreciated. 

Not worth the risk mate, your name on a blacklist for a lousy bit of Grog?

Pewter is a dense metal that x-ray machines cannot see through. Mugs made of pewter are sometimes popular to drink beer with as the metal retains the chill of the drink particularly if you freeze the mug before use. Perhaps of you got a large beer-stein pewter mug you could insert whatever you wanted inside of it and no x-ray machine would be able to penetrate it. Of course when they see the mug you will just have to hope that they do not ask if anything is in it!!!

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I am not condoning any of this in any way

Although, Number 15 may work best for me.😋.

https://www.jonesaroundtheworld.com/how-to-sneak-alcohol-on-a-cruise/

Many years ago, long before I even moved to Australia, so probably about 25 years ago, I went to a Phil Collins concert. Of course we were not allowed to take alcohol in to the concert venue as we had to buy from the bars there.

But who would want to lose their spot near the front to go to the bar to buy a drink. Se my brother, who was a paramedic, got me a few glucose drips from the hospital. We emptied them and filled them with alcohol and then strapped them round our stomachs so when were were searched and patted down (was no metal detector wands in those days) it just felt like we had a fat stomach.

The funny part was all of us holding up these drip bags in the middle of the concert sipping out the tube. lol

2 minutes ago, DT1304 said:

Many years ago, long before I even moved to Australia, so probably about 25 years ago, I went to a Phil Collins concert. Of course we were not allowed to take alcohol in to the concert venue as we had to buy from the bars there.

But who would want to lose their spot near the front to go to the bar to buy a drink. Se my brother, who was a paramedic, got me a few glucose drips from the hospital. We emptied them and filled them with alcohol and then strapped them round our stomachs so when were were searched and patted down (was no metal detector wands in those days) it just felt like we had a fat stomach.

The funny part was all of us holding up these drip bags in the middle of the concert sipping out the tube. lol

LOL, the original camel packs.

2 hours ago, ozcruiser97 said:

Anyone know if rum runners and the like are effective in Australia?

Take the cost of the rum runners, and add the cost of the alcohol you will buy to fill them.

Then take the cost of the alcohol you would buy on board for the same qty of alcohol. The difference in price is really not worth the risk.

Just buy your drinks on board.

I personally never buy a drinks package because I do not drink enough to justify the daily cost, especially as I am off the ship alot in the various ports. Remember to take into account how much you plan to drink EVERY DAY including the port days to see if a drink package is even worth it.

And remember the P&O Alcohol Police read these boards to detect the tricks.  When you pay thousands of dollars for a cruise, the cost of a beer or two and a glass of wine or two is miniscule.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 6:00 AM, MicCanberra said:

I have found using trained swallows (make sure they are the African kind and not the European ) to fly over the ship and make regular drop offs.

Albatros's surely.They're the b52s of the bird world.

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

The only time I thought about it was on princess......

Due to the cost of Port on board $16 for a small glass 

( so 10 glasses per bottle $160 per bottle for a $20 bottle of port )

answer don't drink port on board

Cheers Don

Definitely not on Carnival either, several cruises back I decided I'd have an after dinner Port, and shout my BIL one as well. $22.00 a glass for Penfolds Grandfather.

Edited by Russell21