Bottled Water Delivered to Cabin

rogueriver

I've read on the board that bottled water can be pre-ordered to be delivered to your cabin upon embarkation.  I've been searching on the Princess website but cannot find it listed.  Can someone tell me where the ordering information is on their website? I've searched in the beverage package section and even gift shop services, but no luck so far.  Thanks for your help!

13 minutes ago, rogueriver said:

I've read on the board that bottled water can be pre-ordered to be delivered to your cabin upon embarkation.  I've been searching on the Princess website but cannot find it listed.  Can someone tell me where the ordering information is on their website? I've searched in the beverage package section and even gift shop services, but no luck so far.  Thanks for your help!

Go to On Board Reservations,   Beverage Package (which u already looked at) and it is listed at the bottom.....12   500 ml bottles, in my case it is $9.20 Canadian $

Log onto to your Princess account

Click on:

My Account

Upcoming Cruises

Manage this Booking

Onboard Reservations

Beverage Packages--View Options button

"Bottled Water Package will be at the very bottom of the list--you'll have to scroll down.

• Like 1

Others have told you where to access the details of ordering water so I won't go into that again. It does seem to be a bit of a confusing area on the website and I can certainly understand you having difficulties finding it. Ordering the water prior to your cruise is a great way to do it. It costs a little more than if you purchased it at Walmart or your local grocery store, but the good thing is you don't have to lug it to the dock. It will be waiting in your cabin when you arrive. For a 2 week trip my wife and I usually order 2 cases even though the drinking water out of the tap is perfectly fine for drinking. I would however advise you to order all that you will require because once the trip gets underway or even a few days prior to that you will be unable to purchase it. Once on board you can buy single bottles, but the cost of 2 or 3 bottles will likely equal the cost of a case that has been preordered. 

Have a great cruise.

Tom

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

OP - what cruise is this in regards ? Caribbean, med, japan, Australia ?

I went back again and checked, but when I scroll down to the bottom it only shows the beer options.  We are boarding in Sydney Australia for a trip through the South Seas ending up in LA.  Maybe the bottled water is not an option for ships sailing out of Australia?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rogueriver said:

I went back again and checked, but when I scroll down to the bottom it only shows the beer options.  We are boarding in Sydney Australia for a trip through the South Seas ending up in LA.  Maybe the bottled water is not an option for ships sailing out of Australia?

I'm on a Ruby Princess cruise from Sydney in a couple of weeks and the bottled water package is not listed either so I assume not able to be ordered for cruises departing Australia. A shame as I always order it. On my Personaliser for this cruise only the Beverage Package option is listed, I can't even order the 5 for 4 beers. 

I'm sure there is a reason but not an obvious one.

1 minute ago, leck57 said:

I'm on a Ruby Princess cruise from Sydney in a couple of weeks and the bottled water package is not listed either so I assume not able to be ordered for cruises departing Australia. A shame as I always order it. On my Personaliser for this cruise only the Beverage Package option is listed, I can't even order the 5 for 4 beers. 

I'm sure there is a reason but not an obvious one.

Thank you all for your responses!  It sounded like a great deal but guess we will just have to lug some water on board if we decided to bring some.  I've heard the water on the ship is perfectly fine, so I'll probably just bring a water bottle and fill it as needed.  I've seen warnings not to fill the water bottle directly from the dispenser, so I'll be sure to fill a cup and then pour it into the bottle. Got to watch those nasty germs! 

Bottle water package is not available for Australian or NZ cruises. However I have learned from a number of Aussies on CC that there is a bottle shop close to the pier. 

I'm boarding in Melbourne and will bring a refillable water bottle instead

48 minutes ago, rogueriver said:

I've seen warnings not to fill the water bottle directly from the dispenser, so I'll be sure to fill a cup and then pour it into the bottle.

Yes, they have those warnings, but it doesn't take a lot of dexterity to fill a bottle without the bottle touching the nozzle.  That is what they don't want happening.  Pouring from a cup can be a challenge to not over-spill.

2 hours ago, rogueriver said:

I've seen warnings not to fill the water bottle directly from the dispenser, so I'll be sure to fill a cup and then pour it into the bottle. Got to watch those nasty germs! 

This issue of not filling the water bottle from the dispenser is way overblown.  The issue is to not let the bottle opening come in contact with the nozzle on the water spout.  Easy to do with a little practice.  Many of us do it all the time without any issues.  

2 hours ago, rogueriver said:

Thank you all for your responses!  It sounded like a great deal but guess we will just have to lug some water on board if we decided to bring some.  I've heard the water on the ship is perfectly fine, so I'll probably just bring a water bottle and fill it as needed.  I've seen warnings not to fill the water bottle directly from the dispenser, so I'll be sure to fill a cup and then pour it into the bottle. Got to watch those nasty germs! 

I am also going to be on the Ruby in a few weeks. Just the other day I saw a photo of the Patter posted by a blogger and in that issue there was a notice in it regarding the prohibited food items that are not to be taken off of the ship in New Zealand. What struck me was the warning to only take "commercially bottled drinking water" off the ship unless permission is given by the MPI Quarantine Officer. This would imply that no water bottles with water inside are to leave the ship. Anyone have any experience with this? 

New Zealand MPI quarantine.png

3 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Yes, they have those warnings, but it doesn't take a lot of dexterity to fill a bottle without the bottle touching the nozzle.  That is what they don't want happening.  Pouring from a cup can be a challenge to not over-spill.

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

This issue of not filling the water bottle from the dispenser is way overblown.  The issue is to not let the bottle opening come in contact with the nozzle on the water spout.  Easy to do with a little practice.  Many of us do it all the time without any issues.  

Lately there is a wait staff stationed in the drinking area that tells you no when it comes to filling water bottles at the dispenser.  Two of our last three cruises we've had to deal with heightened disinfection protocols ala required by the CDC for higher than normal reports of stomach ailments.  That's when they serve you in the buffet line and you aren't allowed to touch utensils, etc. and that you won't be served unless you wash your hands under the watchful eye of a crewmember.

So, don't be too sure you will simply be able to walk up to one of the water dispensers and fill your bottle up.  On one cruise they disabled the areas accessible by passengers and brought the drinks - including water and juices - from pitchers kept behind a screen that was staff-only.

2 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

@mamkmm2 I realize what you say and am well aware of these situations.  I also understand why they ask for things to be done the way they do.  There are always going to be people who would not dp it correctly.

True.  I think that most people don't realize how tight the hygiene issues are becoming on board the cruise ships.  We took 4 cruises this year, three of them on Princess.  All three of them either started or ended with hygiene protocols in place.  One of them lasted the entire cruise.  All three had crew manning the wash stations and calling people back that tried to avoid washing their hands.  All three hand someone manning the beverage stations or had the beverage stations turned off so that in most cases you could not self serve - except after the hygiene protocols were lifted on our recent Caribbean Princess cruise - and at none of them were you permitted to fill bottles or carafes.  Staff would offer to fill them from a pitcher or you were directly to use a glass or cup provided by the ship.

Bucking the rules is getting harder and harder to do and it is making some people decidedly cranky.

10 hours ago, rogueriver said:

Not offered in Australia for reasons only known to Princess.

14 hours ago, rogueriver said:

I've heard the water on the ship is perfectly fine, so I'll probably just bring a water bottle and fill it as needed.  I've seen warnings not to fill the water bottle directly from the dispenser, so I'll be sure to fill a cup and then pour it into the bottle. Got to watch those nasty germs! 

That's exactly what we do. Saves a lot of $$$ over the long run and avoids the problem of dealing with a plastic, disposable bottle.

10 hours ago, mamkmm2 said:

True.  I think that most people don't realize how tight the hygiene issues are becoming on board the cruise ships.  We took 4 cruises this year, three of them on Princess.  All three of them either started or ended with hygiene protocols in place.  One of them lasted the entire cruise.  All three had crew manning the wash stations and calling people back that tried to avoid washing their hands.  All three hand someone manning the beverage stations or had the beverage stations turned off so that in most cases you could not self serve - except after the hygiene protocols were lifted on our recent Caribbean Princess cruise - and at none of them were you permitted to fill bottles or carafes.  Staff would offer to fill them from a pitcher or you were directly to use a glass or cup provided by the ship.

Bucking the rules is getting harder and harder to do and it is making some people decidedly cranky.

I personally love it when the crew makes people stop & wash hands!  Some of the stuff we see people do on board baffles me.  So many women I see in the loo still not washing up after restroom visits,  I just dont get it.  Even if I just washed my hands, I dont mind doing it again or sanitizing when asked.  I have to wonder why some are so defiant with these cleanliness requests.

5 minutes ago, Morisnfan said:

I personally love it when the crew makes people stop & wash hands!  Some of the stuff we see people do on board baffles me.  So many women I see in the loo still not washing up after restroom visits,  I just dont get it.  Even if I just washed my hands, I dont mind doing it again or sanitizing when asked.  I have to wonder why some are so defiant with these cleanliness requests.

And I love it when I see staff stop people from filling their water bottle from the dispensers.  

Yes, I know how to safely fill my water bottle—I have an advanced degree in laboratory science so I know viruses are transferred—and I know that there a number of others who know how to do so as well.  BUT, you may be filling your bottle up after someone who has not done it correctly.  Yuck.  Most rules regarding food and water safety are in place for a reason.

Use a cup to fill your bottle.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morisnfan said:

1 hour ago, disneyochem said:

And I love it when I see staff stop people from filling their water bottle from the dispensers.  

Yes, I know how to safely fill my water bottle—I have an advanced degree in laboratory science so I know viruses are transferred—and I know that there a number of others who know how to do so as well.  BUT, you may be filling your bottle up after someone who has not done it correctly.  Yuck.  Most rules regarding food and water safety are in place for a reason.

Use a cup to fill your bottle.  

I agree for the most part.  The problem becomes when ships institute the higher hygiene protocols but don't have enough staff to institute them properly without creating long delays.  Example is when they don't allot sufficient food staff in the buffet and you have to wait a long time to find someone that can put something on your plate.  The salad bar area is particularly problematic in that sense.

So, all for cleanliness.  But if you are going to expect people to follow the rules, make it a pleasant experience and not an onerous one which is not only stressful for passengers but for crewmembers that are not trained in food service, front line work, or are trying to man multiple busy food stations with no help.