Encore - Live 11/2

TheDougOut

Doug - I thought they dropped extra charge for Ocean Blue is that true? And then is it just extra for certain items on the menu? I always love your reviews and hope someday to be on a cruise with you and Sue. Have a great trip and tell Sue I love gummy bears too! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

I think in these reviews there should be a disclaimer where people state they're not being compensated by NCL. 

Wish they were!! They totally deserve it!! Doug and Sue go WAY beyond the usual with regards to organizing CC activities. The monetary costs and time required to organize these events MUST be high!  I’ve organized CC events and must say it costs a lot of time and money. No real perks .. bottle of cheap wine .. perhaps some treats... When you stay in the Haven these are all included. Not really worth it IMHO!! They do this to help other cruisers enjoy the experience.  No other reason.  Kudos to Doug and Sue. Not many would sacrifice their vacation to make others happy. ❤️❤️ Have a great cruise. YOU deserve it!! 

• Like 19

4B171442-953C-4093-9190-37E7DA2E0F65.thumb.jpeg.21441023a1ff0f07f38b597639df7028.jpeg

I’m less-hesitant to make oddball meal requests in the Haven restaurant, such as this swiss-instead-of-hollandaise Benedict...

3FBEB5B0-9423-4F7C-8E02-23D9E142A95A.thumb.jpeg.9e94cdde45b92c33ce4f77b5c1372ccf.jpeg

We’ve been navigating through a group-events issue all morning related to our cabin crawl that’s coming up shortly.

These waves are getting to me, which makes for great timing of the Jungle Cruise Bar Crawl at 2 PM.  

• Like 3

The cabin crawl has completed.  NCL threw us a curveball by calling us 1 1/2 hours prior to the start to let us know that they weren’t participating.  

We eventually gained access to 3 cabin categories, and found out one had been open & staged since the 2-day preview cruise.  

67069FFF-E102-4769-81DE-B09A163C0FB0.thumb.jpeg.a3813e4ff40cd4c5606bcb207087c794.jpeg

We’re definitely getting a different vibe from NCL’s group events team this time around.  They were amazing on the Bliss, and have been nothing but difficult in preparation of this one.  We do our best to hide it all from those participating.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting, we are going on the Encore in February.   Can you provide details of the cabin crawl?  How it works, and what was the difference between NCL's participation on the Bliss and the Encore?   Sounds like fun, but never obviously never participated in one.   

Thanks

54 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

We’re definitely getting a different vibe from NCL’s group events team this time around.  They were amazing on the Bliss, and have been nothing but difficult in preparation of this one.  We do our best to hide it all from those participating.

That's really unfortunate after all the work you've done to make this a fab cruise for your fellow passengers.  You'd think NCL would be over the moon with all things you've arranged.  

I agree that you should let the powers that be know about the "chill in the air". 

Hope you continue to have a fun time. 

• Like 1