Encore - Live 11/2

TheDougOut

46 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Are you being serious?

Yes. If these boards are flooded with people secretly being paid by NCL's PR shop (not saying that is occurring in this review), it would compromise the integrity of the discussions. A simple disclaimer would help to clear that up. 

• Haha 2

Just now, PortFees45 said:

Yes. If these boards are flooded with people secretly being paid by NCL's PR shop (not saying that is occurring in this review), it would compromise the integrity of the discussions. A simple disclaimer would help to clear that up. 

View my recent post history and my critique of NCL’s recent design choices.  I wouldn’t be eager to book the Encore for anything other than a cold-weather transatlantic at 50% occupancy. 

The Escape, on the other hand... I get paid $0.25 every time someone says “home”. 

• Like 20
  • Haha 3

Enjoying this review.  Hope the seas calm down for you.  We did a TA in April going east on the Epic and loved it.  Have thought about sailing west on a TA but the time of year and possibility of rough seas has dissuaded us.  Looking forward to more of your review!!

30 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

The blogger/influencer sailing was the one before this revenue sailing. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I am loving this live review ... and I'm onboard!

Honestly, HUGE kudos to you Doug for organizing and executing an amazing slot pull. I was getting thanked and kept telling everyone you were the one to thank!

And I can't help but wonder, did we beat the Bliss inaugural TA M&G numbers?

• Like 2

Just now, nancydow said:

I am loving this live review ... and I'm onboard!

Honestly, HUGE kudos to you Doug for organizing and executing an amazing slot pull. I was getting thanked and kept telling everyone you were the one to thank!

And I can't help but wonder, did we beat the Bliss inaugural TA M&G numbers?

New phone... who dis? 

• Like 1

Just now, ClevelandCruisin said:

Doing Ocean Blue day 1 on our cruise in December.

I think I just had the best-executed meal on NCL... ever. They hit the ground running at Ocean Blue, as everything was cooked & seasoned perfectly.

I had the surf & turf, with an SDP charge that seemed relatively close to the prior restaurant SDP surcharge.

C0A0E0A4-19B6-43A3-94E2-A56A552DCE6B.thumb.jpeg.4d829332cca203fed2582347647ca604.jpeg

53E604D4-0CC9-4615-81B8-876DEB90CFBE.thumb.jpeg.46ca9b8abc7bd70f3615021ad6f563f8.jpeg

Out meal here on the Bliss crossing was a HUGE disappointment.  So kudos to NCL for figuring this one out so early on. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

They do keep dumping yummy treats off in our stateroom, but I assume that’s just because I aggressively bid to be in the Haven.

E7536010-4899-48FC-8774-994698881D49.thumb.jpeg.f9efb7da61e43ad8d1248bc5a5c3560f.jpeg

In regards to running a roll call, there are plenty of people that do this for ulterior motives.  That’s not me.  I’ve probably spent more money on the Bliss & Encore inaugural transatlantic roll calls than what my original M8 stateroom cost.  

Most of CC including myself appreciate your posts.  Seems like it was not too long ago you did the TA on the Bliss.

You even shared your Joy trip with us.

Thank You for your service to US on CC.   Glad you got the Haven bid and can share whether it is worth it or not.

Sounds like your wife's sea sickness might say NO.  Up front and high on ship can be rocky at best.

At the end of your trip, give us all the final review of the Haven and if it really is worth it.  thanks

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

They do keep dumping yummy treats off in our stateroom, but I assume that’s just because I aggressively bid to be in the Haven.

E7536010-4899-48FC-8774-994698881D49.thumb.jpeg.f9efb7da61e43ad8d1248bc5a5c3560f.jpeg

In regards to running a roll call, there are plenty of people that do this for ulterior motives.  That’s not me.  I’ve probably spent more money on the Bliss & Encore inaugural transatlantic roll calls than what my original M8 stateroom cost.  

yeah see my review is sans NCL perks 🤔🙄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

Yes that is quite obvious to most looking at those brochures you did.  They look amazing -great job to both of you.  I wish people would recognize when people above and beyond out of pure generosity vs having something to gain.

i trolled your roll call as I have a free cruise with NCL to use up and so wanted to jump on board but just couldn’t leave work at this time of year with it being year end.  Looks like you have arranged what has to be a fantastic time. 

Enjoy your cruise and I hope the seas get better soon.

Thanks for your review and being so generous with your VACATION time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

We went in search of shrimp crisps, but the Garden Cafe was completely shutdown in preparation for dinner.  They were redirecting everyone to the Observation lounge, where we enjoyed a plate of potato chips while surrounded by bare feet on couches.  

We just grabbed an Ocean Blue reservation for 60 minutes from now. 

Still amazing to me that people can’t use those beautiful lounges as intended. I’m gonna start going by every one that has a sleeper on it and make enough noise to wake them and keep them awake for enough time to get them to move to their cabin to sleep. Party time at the lounges needs to be a regular event!! 🤣🥳🎉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1