Any websites for checking cabin availability?

e39m5

Lots of changes and canceled cruises are not reflected in the online site. Call your TA for assistance if rebooking.  Insist on transferring booking, not cancel and rebook.  

First Wind Spirit Cruise is scheduled for September 2020. After dry dock in Singapore.

Windstar Cruises announced today the 148-guest Wind Spirit will be its first yacht to resume sailing after suspending operations further due to the ongoing impact of the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. Wind Spirit will resume sailing in Tahiti with its first cruise departing on September 3, 2020 and other yachts will follow later in 2020 and 2021.

148-guest Wind Spirit:Resumes sailing September 3, 2020 in Tahiti on previously scheduled itineraries.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2019 at 8:56 AM, kbr said:

This wizard is SO cool!  I called Windstar yesterday and asked EXACTLY which cabins were available for each category as my travel agent was pressuring me with "it's almost sold out" which I didn't believe.  Your cabin availability for the cruise I'm watching matched the list Windstar gave me EXACTLY and....they still have 22 of the 106 cabins left, which I wouldn't call "almost sold out".

Still wondering if anyone has access to finding out cabin availability? Windstar Wizard hasn't worked for several months.

It's  probably not ethical to call WS anonymously if your TA has taken over the booking but I can't ask her to check everyday.....

Edited by Petoonya

19 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Still wondering if anyone has access to finding out cabin availability? Windstar Wizard hasn't worked for several months.

It's  probably not ethical to call WS anonymously if your TA has taken over the booking but I can't ask her to check everyday.....

I am really wondering about your relationship with your TA.  If they do not give you honest information, stop using them.  A TA who is registered with Windstar should be able to see cabin availability for any Windstar sailing.  The cannot give you direct access to the Windstar booking site, but it is not hard to provide you with a cabin list. (or read it off to you over the phone)

FYI: Windstar Wizard was someone's personal hobby.  It was not a Windstar Line site.

Edited by Del Rio
  • Like 1

Just now, Del Rio said:

I am really wondering about your relationship with your TA.  If they do not give you honest information, stop using them.  A TA who is registered with Windstar should be able to see cabin availability for any Windstar sailing.  The cannot give you direct access to the the Windstar booking site, but it is not hard to provide you with a list.

FYI: Windstar Wizard was someone's personal hobby.  It was not a Windstar Line site.

You are quite right 🙂

My TA is just OK. Came highly recommended, good amenities but not so good a communicator. Got me a nice upgrade but poor location. Don't like asking her to check availability every few days because she gets quieter when I have a question. Recently got sudden news that my cruise was chartered. I did all the work getting WS to switch me to another at no additional cost and it was a nightmare. But in 24 hours it was done, and if I'd waited for her it would've taken weeks. Getting the invoice from her was painstaking. She's very sweet and kind, but communication is not her forte. I don't want to use up ALL my matches with COVID blowing, having her search for a different cabin. Lesson learned.

I know that it was someone's talents that created WS Wizard and not WS. Was hoping he/she might see my post or that someone else might know of a way to monitor availability. Imagine WS is very careful not to let people like me poke around in their business. 😉

• Like 1

I always have a copy of the deck plan of the ship I am going on. When I talk to my TA or WS that plan is with me, no decisions concerning rooms are made without it. Our only time on a motor yacht we were upgraded from a window room to a balcony an room, I checked  my deck plan all was great. We loved that room with the sitting area part that had the FR balcony, reading talking, listening to music all the while getting oodles of fresh air. When we reserved the Breeze for this coming January ( fingers crossed) we made sure we had that type of a room not one with the bed next to the FR balcony. I have always found the deck plans useful. Happy Sailing. 

• Like 1

It would also depend (for us) on the type of cruise.  Port-intensive with 'death march to Bataan' type excursions every day: hardly need a French Balcony or care where the bed is.  Trans-Oceanic: would pony up for a Deluxe Suite to get lots of room but avoid being anywhere near the bow!

@Strenz

Yes, I started and keep updated the thread about "Staterooms on Wind Spirit and Wind Star sailing vessels" at the start of this forum and have it practically memorized. 🙂 When I had to switch cruises because my original was chartered I knew immediately the few they had left were duds. And trying to move to a B or BX did me no good. So as with everything else, que sera, sera. And fingers crossed a vaccine or something miraculous happens by April 2021.

Edited by Petoonya

on the Sailing ships I buy BX, I like being down for the gentle rocking, great for my sleeping. The rooms are exactly alike really. After reading the nightmares people had on the big ships with the pandemic, I do not think on any of the motor yachts I would get anything but a room with a balcony. I do not think we would ever take a giant ship the reason being I really dislike buffets, I mean really dislike. My least favorite night on a WS cruise is the deck barbecue. Happy Sailing

On 6/24/2020 at 4:33 AM, Strenz said:

on the Sailing ships I buy BX, I like being down for the gentle rocking, great for my sleeping.

I asked WS for choices other than an A- a B or BX. Location was worse that what I had according to the cabin review I put together. I'd ask my agent but then I might make her more distant requesting something. Again, nice lady just not a good communicator.

Petoonya, Perhaps this will help. Draw a straight line from 108 up through the ship you will find that BX  rooms 108-134 are  basically the center if the ship, as well as B 133-137. On A deck AX rooms 207-234 avoid the rooms near the passenger entrance 210,208, 205, 207 and A avoid 233 and 240. None of the rooms are bad. Believe me you will be on deck most of the time, at least  I hope so, the visuals are fabulous. This is a small, intimate ship. I think you have to have sails for this destination. The reflections and shadows of the sails against the water and mountains/hill is worth hardly ever going in your room. From sun up to set you will not want to miss one minute. Don't stress about the rooms they are comfortable and  well thought out.  Simply relax and have the time if your life. Susanne

4 hours ago, Strenz said:

Petoonya, Perhaps this will help. Draw a straight line from 108 up through the ship you will find that BX  rooms 108-134 are  basically the center if the ship, as well as B 133-137. On A deck AX rooms 207-234 avoid the rooms near the passenger entrance 210,208, 205, 207 and A avoid 233 and 240. N

I was assigned  Cat A 240. I know it's bad. That's why I'm trying to change!

4 hours ago, Strenz said:

Petoonya, Perhaps this will help. Draw a straight line from 108 up through the ship you will find that BX  rooms 108-134 are  basically the center if the ship, as well as B 133-137. On A deck AX rooms 207-234 avoid the rooms near the passenger entrance 210,208, 205, 207 and A avoid 233 and 240. None of the rooms are bad. Believe me you will be on deck most of the time, at least  I hope so, the visuals are fabulous. This is a small, intimate ship. I think you have to have sails for this destination. The reflections and shadows of the sails against the water and mountains/hill is worth hardly ever going in your room. From sun up to set you will not want to miss one minute. Don't stress about the rooms they are comfortable and  well thought out.  Simply relax and have the time if your life. Susanne

Susanne one last thing.

I think you may not be aware of my circumstances that I related in a different thread. Less than a week ago I was told my sailing was chartered- me and several others here were thrown off. On that cruise I had an excellent cabin.

I grabbed another sailing that was similar to mine but with no choices of cabins. There was one A left (240) and that's what I got. No BX's and the few B's left were all the worst forwards. So I'm left with hoping for a cancellation, which is doubtful as this was such a well priced cruise.

If I had any choices at all I'd have picked from my fav A's, BXs or B's. But it was take 240 or don't do the cruise. Dh's 75th and he'd be very disappointed if we weren't cruising in May (He may be disappointed anyway with COVID!)

I'll be OK with 240- there's that banging door to the stairs to live with but I can wear earplugs.

I still wish I had a way of watching for availability without upsetting my TA!

Petoonya, I think you need to ask your TA to ask WS to put you on a wait list, make sure they know you are an alumni and the number of cruises you have with them. I think your chances are good that someone will cancel. I think lots of people are reserving due to the price and Tahiti but when the time comes and if this virus is still a problem here people people will not want to fly. We are not fussy people and with 26 WS cruises under our belt we have been in many cabins including way forward. Noise was never an issue with us and I say this cruise is so spectacular and the little time spent in the cabin you will be fine. Ideal no, but focus on Tahiti and the time you will have. Not to sound like a goody goody we focus on the experience and how fortunate we are to be able to do this.

In all likelyhood I think you will be fine but it is the job of your TA to be more aggressive   and to make sure WS understands. Happy Sailing, Susanne

9 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Susanne one last thing.

I think you may not be aware of my circumstances that I related in a different thread. Less than a week ago I was told my sailing was chartered- me and several others here were thrown off. On that cruise I had an excellent cabin.

I grabbed another sailing that was similar to mine but with no choices of cabins. There was one A left (240) and that's what I got. No BX's and the few B's left were all the worst forwards. So I'm left with hoping for a cancellation, which is doubtful as this was such a well priced cruise.

If I had any choices at all I'd have picked from my fav A's, BXs or B's. But it was take 240 or don't do the cruise. Dh's 75th and he'd be very disappointed if we weren't cruising in May (He may be disappointed anyway with COVID!)

I'll be OK with 240- there's that banging door to the stairs to live with but I can wear earplugs.

I still wish I had a way of watching for availability without upsetting my TA!

There will be cancellations when final payment is due. You are still pretty far out from your sailing date so don't get all worried. Have never been in a "bad" cabin on a Windstar ship. My first sailing was on the Spirit before it went to Tahiti permanently. We had last cabin next to the door crew uses to enter and exit. It was still quiet. The beds are not anywhere near the door on this ship and you will be out on deck or on excursions most of the time. There are other things to stress over right now. This is not one of them. P.S. You can fire your TA and deal directly with WS.

1 hour ago, sb44 said:

There are other things to stress over right now.

I say this with all due respect and hope you'll understand. Your reminder is well intended for certain.

I'm not stressing over getting a cabin that pleases me. I started this thread simply asking if anyone knew of a website where cabin availability was shown. I didn't ask based on my stress level. Yes this world has a ton of pain and suffering. And yes,  I'm guilty of expressing frustration in trying to explain why I asked if anyone knew of a magic website.

Getting the cabin that pleases me isn't important related to what we all agonize over happening in the world. I'm grateful I have the choice of cruising at all. But finding a website that would make it easier to watch for cancellations and possible available cabins isn't stressing over it. It does distract me from watching the world's pain for a little while. You may have thought I was working myself into a fever over it, but I feel like the most fortunate woman in the world after reading the NYT or WaPo evaryday.

21 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

I say this with all due respect and hope you'll understand. Your reminder is well intended for certain.

I'm not stressing over getting a cabin that pleases me. I started this thread simply asking if anyone knew of a website where cabin availability was shown. I didn't ask based on my stress level. Yes this world has a ton of pain and suffering. And yes,  I'm guilty of expressing frustration in trying to explain why I asked if anyone knew of a magic website.

Getting the cabin that pleases me isn't important related to what we all agonize over happening in the world. I'm grateful I have the choice of cruising at all. But finding a website that would make it easier to watch for cancellations and possible available cabins isn't stressing over it. It does distract me from watching the world's pain for a little while. You may have thought I was working myself into a fever over it, but I feel like the most fortunate woman in the world after reading the NYT or WaPo evaryday.

Sorry if you took my answer the wrong way. It was only meant to assure you that things will work out. Just give it some time. Be well.

5 minutes ago, sb44 said:

Sorry if you took my answer the wrong way. It was only meant to assure you that things will work out. Just give it some time. Be well.

Thanks Sb44 🙂  And you're right, all will be well. In the moment I'm losing someone in the process of their closing days and probably overly sensitive.

Thanks for your well wishes.

Edited by Petoonya

5 hours ago, sb44 said:

. P.S. You can fire your TA and deal directly with WS.

Sb44,

Me again.

Hoping you might have an idea on this.

WS says I can attempt to ask my TA to release the booking but that she doesn't have to give consent 😞

So if I do it and she refuses I'm in an even worse position than I am now- she'll really shut down and to heck with anything that comes up. I got myself in a bad situation- seduced by a big wad of cash. That cash nearly disappeared with the new booking after the charter interfered.

Unless you know of a way around this I'm going to let it slide and chalk it up to my own greed. Lesson learned.

8 hours ago, Strenz said:

Petoonya, I think you need to ask your TA to ask WS to put you on a wait list, make sure they know you are an alumni

Susanne,

Thanks so much. You have some great ideas. And I feel the same-  never been unhappy with any cruise on any cruise line.

Dh is a real "noise sensitive", and if I could even change us to one cabin down the hall it would be terrific. Want him to be happy as this is probably the last cruise he'll take- 75th bday. We did this same cruise just a year ago and it would be hard to be unhappy with any cabin position but for him, love to get switched. I'll bet anything by the time it comes around we won't have the cabin we've got today.

Thanks for your advice. 🙂

We actually choose 240 because it is quiet and "out of the way". We have never found the stairs on the other side to be a problem - they are crew only. If you look at your own stateroom listings even though 240 is not mentioned the ones next to it and directly across from it are all listed as "quiet"

We have also been cruising since 1999 with over 40 Windstar cruises. I have to say only one of those was disappointing and it had nothing to do with the cabin! If you look at the ship deck plans you will notice that midship is actually where the forward cabins are located. On the other hand, it is important to get the cabin you feel makes you comfortable. I agree with the suggestion to be put on a wait list - right now I think a lot of people are booking cruises at different times in hopes that at least one actually sails! I've had six cancellations so far and have 4 more booked but I'm just holding ny breath.

Petoonya – you clearly need to find a new Travel Agent.  Unfortunately Cruise Critic rules prohibit anyone mentioning any TAs by name (or soliciting off-site contacts to do so).  Let's hope this isn't your last trip, and that you can find a good TA by asking folks on board!