Snacks in Bars

lynn2002

20 hours ago, lynn2002 said:

Will be on the Caribbean Princess this Christmas/New Year.  Do they serve complimentary crisps (potato chips) and nuts in the bars?

Short answer no! Might get a small vase like thing of nuts if in a lounge and you use same server but unusual now. Like so many things GONE, that was the old days.

George in NY

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, compozer said:

I always bring the big jars of mixed nuts and cashews from Costco for  a pre dinner drink on our balcony.  We skip the snacks at Crooners when we have our other pre dinner drinks.

Next time, ask the server in Crooners for a stuffed olive tray.  They're not left out, they'll bring it out from behind the bar.

We always ask for the olives.   I don't consider them snacks.    They are my drink vegetables.     And you can always go to the wine bar and get their snacks.   I am pretty sure you need to purchase wine before they serve them to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, compozer said:

We always ask for the olives.   I don't consider them snacks.    They are my drink vegetables.     And you can always go to the wine bar and get their snacks.   I am pretty sure you need to purchase wine before they serve them to you.

Vines has tapas and sushi not really snacks.  Only for those who order wine.  I consider them a small meal not a snack

46 minutes ago, memoak said:

Vines has tapas and sushi not really snacks.  Only for those who order wine.  I consider them a small meal not a snack

It depends on how soon you plan to have dinner.   Or if you share.  But you are correct - they are normally more than a snack

12 minutes ago, compozer said:

It depends on how soon you plan to have dinner.   Or if you share.  But you are correct - they are normally more than a snack

couple of glasses of wine...couple of tapas... head to MUTS for a bag of popcorn ... done

later night dessert from the IC ...

• Like 1

It just depends on how nice and cordial you are to your server.  We have been served small plates with stuffed olives...in fact every night on our last cruise after asking the first night and being very friendly to the staff.  Amazing what kindness will get you!!

Edited by USCcruisecrazy
  • Like 2