Snacks in Bars

lynn2002

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I avoid those nut containers/jars they use at the bars.

They are used over and over again sometimes not getting washed in between.

Was at Crooners on the Regal in April. A table finished their drinks and got up to leave and our server took their container of nuts and put it on ours without thinking twice. 

Ironically, that’s the cruise with a mild noro outbreak. Who would have thought?! 

Andrew 

Believe you can also ask for a line of olives. On the Caribbean crisps (potato chips) are generally available in the buffet, line on the far left where they have youth selections. I have also seen them during lunch by the pre-made sandwiches.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, arowe6 said:

Was at Crooners on the Regal in April. A table finished their drinks and got up to leave and our server took their container of nuts and put it on ours without thinking twice. 

Ironically, that’s the cruise with a mild noro outbreak. Who would have thought?! 

Andrew 

🤮

38 minutes ago, skynight said:

Believe you can also ask for a line of olives. On the Caribbean crisps (potato chips) are generally available in the buffet, line on the far left where they have youth selections. I have also seen them during lunch by the pre-made sandwiches.

The question was about bars no buffet 

• Like 1

I know this isn't really on topic BUT... I go to IC and get a plate of mixed cheeses, dried fruit, and a few crackers & carry that up the stairs to Crooners. Easy

Not impressed with the jars of either type of mixed nuts (sweet or spicy)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, memoak said:

The question was about bars no buffet 

Sure, but the response was relevant. There are many, many times that I go up to the buffet get "to go" items to enjoy in other areas of the ship. Given the hygiene issues that some have observed with bar snacks (both on a cruise ship and on land), it isn't irrational to go up to the buffet and pick up your own snacks to take to your favorite ship bar. I don't know if you can get nuts, chips or olives up there, but if you can, why not take advantage of that fact. No one is going to toss you off the ship if you bring your own bowl of snacks to a bar. I know from other threads, (many of them now locked or removed), that some people want everything handed to them on a silver platter. But the reality is that if you want all of needs fulfilled, you are going to have to look after yourself sometimes. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I avoid those nut containers/jars they use at the bars.

They are used over and over again sometimes not getting washed in between.

I once watched a lady pick out what she wanted, then return the rest to the jar.  I’ll get my own from the buffet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Sure, but the response was relevant. There are many, many times that I go up to the buffet get "to go" items to enjoy in other areas of the ship. Given the hygiene issues that some have observed with bar snacks (both on a cruise ship and on land), it isn't irrational to go up to the buffet and pick up your own snacks to take to your favorite ship bar. I don't know if you can get nuts, chips or olives up there, but if you can, why not take advantage of that fact. No one is going to toss you off the ship if you bring your own bowl of snacks to a bar. I know from other threads, (many of them now locked or removed), that some people want everything handed to them on a silver platter. But the reality is that if you want all of needs fulfilled, you are going to have to look after yourself sometimes. 

I’ve seen peanuts and honey roasted peanuts in the Regal and Royal buffet on most nights.  The first year the Royal Princess sailed the Caribbean, they had candied macadamia nuts.