Ginger Ale

RocHed11

Does any one know if Princess allows one to bring Ginger Ale on board. It is a definite help to calm our stomachs if queasy. At home we very rarely drink it so I'm not trying to sneak beverages, so to speak, on board. It would be a 6-pack of 10 oz bottles. This is for 2 peeps, 10 sea days, 15 day cruise. Answers are appreciated!

T

We used to get Seagrams ginger ale as part of our minibar, so they do have it in cans.  Cheaper to bring as much as you want in your carry-on, but you can get it onboard.  Bars should be able to do a buy 5/get 6 deal for you.

18 hours ago, RocHed11 said:

Does any one know if Princess allows one to bring Ginger Ale on board. It is a definite help to calm our stomachs if queasy. At home we very rarely drink it so I'm not trying to sneak beverages, so to speak, on board. It would be a 6-pack of 10 oz bottles. This is for 2 peeps, 10 sea days, 15 day cruise. Answers are appreciated!

T

I drank Canada Dry...lol

If you are embarking in a US port it is easy peezy to pick up a six pack of gingerale and bring it on board.  I was also able to do it in Vancouver, Canada.  Not sure about other locations.  Might depend on how close a market is and the availability.  I know I had a hard time finding a ginger ale in the UK a few years back.

11 hours ago, worldtraveller said:

Just wondering about the comments to carry on instead of putting it in your suitcase.  Is there an issue about doing the latter (we have never done this but may for an upcoming TA cruise)?

People get really ticked when the soda spills on their luggage.  Bags are stacked about 7' high in bins to take on the ship.  In the past people would tape a luggage tag on cases of water or soda but neither the shore stevedores or the crew like to handle the weight or the additional "luggage."  Takes longer to get everyone's luggage delivered, as well.  So Princess (and other lines) made a rule that says bring in your carry-on.

Edited by LeeW
more

6 minutes ago, LeeW said:

People get really ticked when the soda spills on their luggage.  Bags are stacked about 7' high in bins to take on the ship.  In the past people would tape a luggage tag on cases of water or soda but neither the shore stevedores or the crew like to handle the weight or the additional "luggage."  Takes longer to get everyone's luggage delivered, as well.  So Princess (and other lines) made a rule that says bring in your carry-on.

Can you please advise if this is new regulation?    As recently as March we put 12 packs of water and iced tea with our luggage.  I wrap them well with duct tape, and tape the tag on top. No issues having them delivered to the cabin.

3 hours ago, knbcruisers said:

Can you please advise if this is new regulation?    As recently as March we put 12 packs of water and iced tea with our luggage.  I wrap them well with duct tape, and tape the tag on top. No issues having them delivered to the cabin.

It is not a regulation, and I don't think it's new, but some people still put a tag on it and have it delivered to their cabin.  We only brought on one 12 pack, so it wasn't too bad.   Mom prefers Diet Pepsi and Princess only has Coke products.