Will I get a good idea of the full Azamara Experience on a 5 night repositioning?

ccletzgo

5 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Yes, you should get the feel of it, although you won’t have an Azamazing Evening and possibly not a White Night, but you will experience the wonderful service and great food.

Thanks Grandma Cruising: we are on that cruise along with 2 or 3 other couples. We are so excited: almost as excited as we were when we cruised the first time, 35 years ago. 

• Like 2

Thanks, now I have one more question: does anyone know if the ship will be showing any of the college playoff games at the time we will be on board or football games as well? It certainly isn't a big deal like some people make about watching football, but we are avid fans and would like to watch at least a few games on the 14th and 15th 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure I agree a heavily discounted 5 night cruise will have a boutique cruise experience. It all depends what has encouraged the majority of guests to hop onboard. Go with an open mind but a five nighter may not give the usual relaxed experience 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, uktog said:

Not sure I agree a heavily discounted 5 night cruise will have a boutique cruise experience. It all depends what has encouraged the majority of guests to hop onboard. Go with an open mind but a five nighter may not give the usual relaxed experience 

I agree; you will get to experience white night though, and of course experience the excellent crew!  As uktog says, you may not get the typical onboard experience if a deeply discounted price draws any unruly pax.

Well, we'll see.  I'm not retired and able to take the long cruises many love, so this is what I can do.  After many Celebrity experiences, I'm eager to see how Azamara will differ, and I'm excited for the trip in any case!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KAE27 said:

Well, we'll see.  I'm not retired and able to take the long cruises many love, so this is what I can do.  After many Celebrity experiences, I'm eager to see how Azamara will differ, and I'm excited for the trip in any case!

I think that is a proper attitude.  Only you can decide if Azamara Cruise Lines meets your needs/expectations.  I agree that you will probably not get the "total experience" but should still be able to get a "feel" of the Azamara experience.

We have completed over 125 cruises on about 15 different cruise-lines (river and ocean), and have found most of them enjoyable (some more so than others).  Please stop back and let us know how you found your Azamara cruise experience to be.

NRayH

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ray in NH said:

I think that is a proper attitude.  Only you can decide if Azamara Cruise Lines meets your needs/expectations.  I agree that you will probably not get the "total experience" but should still be able to get a "feel" of the Azamara experience.

We have completed over 125 cruises on about 15 different cruise-lines (river and ocean), and have found most of them enjoyable (some more so than others).  Please stop back and let us know how you found your Azamara cruise experience to be.

NRayH

Wow, that's an incredible number of cruises!  I can see why, though - they really can be addictive.  I'd definitely be happy to share my thoughts once I've tried Azamara.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:28 PM, ccletzgo said:

Wish they would assign the guarantees.  I am impatient. 

We did a guarantee on this cruise and the cabin was assigned within the first 24 hours.  I just checked and it looks like only the CO and CW suites are left.  Maybe you are in for a treat if you haven't been assigned yet.  :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GACRUISER456 said:

We did a guarantee on this cruise and the cabin was assigned within the first 24 hours.  I just checked and it looks like only the CO and CW suites are left.  Maybe you are in for a treat if you haven't been assigned yet.  🙂

We just got our assignment about 3 days ago. WE are fine with it, but would have preferred to be closer to the elevators as hubby does have walking problems. Here is something that makes no sense. We are traveling with close friends and our daughter and her husband. Our friends also had a gty cabin. We got assigned a top deck ocean view There are only a couple of ocean view on the deck we are on. They are at the back of the ship. Our friends got deck 4 near the elevators. Well our TA called to get the 2 couples re-assigned as friends have no mobility problems. The agent could't help us because both cabins are gty but ended up one is an upgrade. If we wanted to change we would have to pay more and lose our OBC. TA was told when we board we can probably get them switched. It is a big deal, just strange. 

On 12/7/2019 at 11:25 AM, newmexicoNita said:

We just got our assignment about 3 days ago. WE are fine with it, but would have preferred to be closer to the elevators as hubby does have walking problems. Here is something that makes no sense. We are traveling with close friends and our daughter and her husband. Our friends also had a gty cabin. We got assigned a top deck ocean view There are only a couple of ocean view on the deck we are on. They are at the back of the ship. Our friends got deck 4 near the elevators. Well our TA called to get the 2 couples re-assigned as friends have no mobility problems. The agent could't help us because both cabins are gty but ended up one is an upgrade. If we wanted to change we would have to pay more and lose our OBC. TA was told when we board we can probably get them switched. It is a big deal, just strange. 

I tried to pay for an upgrade a month ago and was told no go.  Very strange.  I still have no assignment either. 

On 12/6/2019 at 3:10 PM, GACRUISER456 said:

We did a guarantee on this cruise and the cabin was assigned within the first 24 hours.  I just checked and it looks like only the CO and CW suites are left.  Maybe you are in for a treat if you haven't been assigned yet.  🙂

Exactly what I am hoping for!  🙂  

On 12/7/2019 at 6:25 PM, newmexicoNita said:

If you choose a GTY then you take pot luck as to where you'll end up and have to assume your cabin is in a poor location. If you have special needs or preferences then you need to book a specific cabin.  

I'm not sure what OV cabins you are talking about as there are none on the top deck. There are two OVs on deck 7 (and also 6), but they are at the front not the back. If you mean one of those then they are nice cabins as they are a bit larger than standard because they include the footprint of a balcony within the cabin.  They really aren't far from the front elevators. It's not a big ship. 

Phil 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

If you choose a GTY then you take pot luck as to where you'll end up and have to assume your cabin is in a poor location. If you have special needs or preferences then you need to book a specific cabin.  

I'm not sure what OV cabins you are talking about as there are none on the top deck. There are two OVs on deck 7 (and also 6), but they are at the front not the back. If you mean one of those then they are nice cabins as they are a bit larger than standard because they include the footprint of a balcony within the cabin.  They really aren't far from the front elevators. It's not a big ship. 

Phil 

sorry Phil, I didn't mean the top deck I meant the top deck that as OV cabins. I know they; are not that far from the elevators compared to a ship with 5000 or so passengers. I really don't care but our TA is a bit concerned. She wants us near the elevators. Thanks again. As for special needs, we certainly have sailed enough to know what we need and do not need. This is about our 50th cruise. Neither of us need a special needs cabin, but there are some mobility concerns for us. That is very different than taking up a special needs cabin when someone else might really need it.

On 12/5/2019 at 1:27 PM, KAE27 said:
On 12/5/2019 at 10:48 AM, Ray in NH said:

NRayH

Wow, that's an incredible number of cruises!  I can see why, though - they really can be addictive.  I'd definitely be happy to share my thoughts once I've tried Azamara.

Well, very sadly for me I had to cancel my plans for my first Azamara cruise.  Hope everyone else has a blast and that I'll see you on another soon!