Specialty dining coupon

lbfluffy

I was told we would be receiving the coupon book from Princess. It is my understanding there will be a buy one get one for the specialty dining but only for the first night. I was told we have to book when we get on board. However I’m concerned it may be booked. Plus we want the earliest time so my husband can catch half the football game. So I went ahead and booked and paid  for one person at the specialty restaurant with the hopes we can adjust it to two when I get on board and show the coupon. Does anyone think this could work? If not we still want to eat at the steakhouse so if we have to, I’ll pay for both of us.

Go to the specialty restaurant as soon as you board. Explain what you did and ask if you can cancel the reservation and re-reserve for one person and use the coupon. If there’s no one at the specialty restaurant, see the Maitre d’. He will be available on embarkation day, usually between 1:30pm and 3pm. It’s worth a shot. 

Since the coupon is buy one, get one free, and you have already bought one, it seems to me that what you need to do on embarkation day is change the reservation to be for two people. Having already paid for one, you should be able to use the coupon for the 2nd person.

I do not guarantee it will work that way, but it seems practical.

No need to precook first night .

1) Not all get that Coupon Book from their TA

2) Not all  even open the Coupon Book by the first night 

3) Princess offers the Coupon to TA’s having Cruise Nights ,to attract bookings for that normally soft 1st night.

• Like 2

We used the coupon in August for the first night and there was no rush to pick your time.  The Steakhouse was mostly empty.  They give out the coupons in hopes of filling up the venue on the first night when most people would  not making a reservation.