Queen bed made into twins

CU64

I'm travelling on Sirena in a few weeks. We usually sleep in king beds. The separated beds is a compromise. I asked for the beds to be separated and my TA has just confirmed it for me. I doubt they will move them too far apart so it probably wont make it any more crowded than usual. Hopefully someone with some experience with this will respond.

+1 on space staying about the same.  Also, if they have not separated the beds when you board (this happened to us who prefer the twin mode more than once, just locate one of the workers in the hall and tell them to separate the beds.  It is always done pretty quickly whether you found the person assigned to your cabin or not.

3 hours ago, BenMurphy said:

what will happen is: the little cupboard will be moved from the side of the bed and placed inn the centre of the two beds. Still the same amount of room

Jxx

The nightstands appear to be less than 18" wide. With the twin bed configuration, I assume the most noticeable tight space would be at the lower outside corner of the bed that is closest to the balcony (right across from the outer corner of the desk)

They seem to be  a large Queen   not  a King

I have not split them  so cannot comment on the space 

They are 2 beds pushed together so I do not really feel DH tossing in the night  so far  😉

unlike the king bed at home

33 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

The 2 separate beds are narrower than a true "twin" bed. Two real twin beds, when pushed together, equals the width of a king sized bed. The Oceania beds, when pushed together, make the size a Queen bed.

I'm surprised anyone is surprised by that.  Look at the photos, folks.

2 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

The 2 separate beds are narrower than a true "twin" bed. Two real twin beds, when pushed together, equals the width of a king sized bed. The Oceania beds, when pushed together, make the size a Queen bed.

Well, not exactly. The complete bed on Oceania is not a Queen width. Rather, it is a Cal King width.

Two standard twin beds (each 39" wide) placed side by side is 2" wider than a standard King (76" wide).

However, you are correct that the twins on Oceania are a tad narrow - each about 36" wide. Placed together, they make a Cal King width which, at 72" wide, is slightly less than a traditional King width but considerable wider than a Queen (60").

Next time you're on Oceania, lay across the bed. If you're taller than 5 feet and you're hanging over the width of a complete bed, you'll quickly realize that it is not a Queen sized bed (i.e., 60" wide). 

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

On 11/17/2019 at 5:01 PM, clo said:

LOL. Although actually there have been times when I wish I had one. And I appreciate the measurement.

Me too. Thanks all. A regular queen is not that large to be spit.